Oasis: This is their thread

useless

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

How many different artists make up that list? 

Nobody said that Oasis invented the popular unreleased song, just they have many more than anyone else (imo, and possibly with the exception of the Beatles which I doubt anyone cba to check). 

I wouldn't even say that

Just compare them to other 90s bands and bands since 

People want to know why oasis are special, there's no point in comparing them to what led zep did, half the country weren't born when LZ did it

It wasn’t exactly where I was expecting the conversation to go after making that initial post.

I’m sure there are numerous bands and artists whose most beloved songs are album songs, b-sides, whatever.

I suppose, as they’ve been referenced with having a similar number making up their Spotify top ten, the pistols highest non single is Bodies (I think?) with currently just under 16 million listens/streams, 5th in their personal Spotify table.

Just for comparative purposes, that would chart on Oasis’ table at number 48.

So I suppose the argument that is being made is Oasis have a high proportion of non single songs, that gain A LOT of listens. 

As intimated, my interest really lay in what “new fans” view as their top picks when compared to what would have been considered fan favourites at the time. In 2005 I wouldn’t have said that Stop Crying Your Heart Out was the 4th most popular Oasis song. That was my original musing, in a nutshell.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

Updated article on this regulator probe

The UK competition regulator has launched an investigation into the sales of Oasis ticket sales, including how "dynamic pricing" was used.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is investigating whether ticket selling platform Ticketmaster breached consumer protection law.

Dynamic pricing meant that, on Ticketmaster, where tickets to the reunion tour were originally sold, prices rose in line with demand.

The investigation will examine whether:

Ticketmaster engaged in unfair commercial practices

Buyers were given clear information to explain that the tickets could be subject to price rices

People were put under pressure to buy tickets within a short period of time

The CMA's probe follows widespread criticism of dynamic pricing over the past week from Oasis fans. 

Many said they ended up paying significantly more than they expected to for tickets to the band's tour next year - up to £350 per ticket, around £200 more than had been advertised.

The band also said hit out at the system, saying: "It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management."

I said at the time it was scandal that dynamic pricing was being used in something clearly going to generate huge demand. The tickets at £150+ to start with reflects demand.

link

You can see why the Gallagahers are being told to keep their mouths shut

The Smiths, the Buzzcocks and Magazine just three more bands from Manchester who have very famous/popular songs that were never A sides to singles.

And thats just three bands from the same city

It's just Oasis fan exceptionalism.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Smiths, the Buzzcocks and Magazine just three more bands from Manchester who have very famous/popular songs that were never A sides to singles.

Right, but... who the **** are The Buzzcocks and Magazine?

Which I think is more the point that's being made.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think you’re deliberately ignoring the point… 

Just now, bobzy said:

Ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn’t have fallen in love with?

That’s the Buzzcocks.

I don’t know much about Magazine.

I understand the point you’re making.

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not sure if serious

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure if serious

You've claimed both bands have "very famous/popular songs that were never A sides to singles", yet I can't name one song by either band.

Are you're saying not sure if serious to me?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

You've claimed both bands have "very famous/popular songs that were never A sides to singles", yet I can't name one song by either band.

Are you're saying not sure if serious to me?!?

This is your problem, not mine

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The masterplan is a better album than any other band managed to put out in the 90s

Nevermind, ok computer, different class, whatever you want...masterplan is better 

Eww. I know this is the Oasis thread, and I like Oasis, and I also like the masterplan but that is just wrong :D 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Eww. I know this is the Oasis thread, and I like Oasis, and I also like the masterplan but that is just wrong :D 

as its the oasis thread...id take the masterplan over definitely maybe, its second only to WTSMG

and to those who don't agree...

It Doesnt Matter The Rock GIF - It Doesnt Matter The Rock Dwane Johnson -  Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I wouldn't even say that

Just compare them to other 90s bands and bands since 

People want to know why oasis are special, there's no point in comparing them to what led zep did, half the country weren't born when LZ did it

tbf half the people at these oasis gigs wont have been born when they did it either 

amuses me that so many people are getting worked up about the youngsters getting tickets though  , didn't release you couldn't enjoy a band unless you were already alive when they were successful ..

does that mean @mjmooney  can listen to Mozart , but I'm not allowed to   ;)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â