Oasis: This is their thread

useless

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just googled LZ songs and inly 2 jumped out at me (Stairway to Heaven / Whole lotta love). 

Are you arguing with yourself? Stairway to Heaven wasn't a single

In other news

UK competition regulator launches investigation into Oasis ticket sales, including how "dynamic pricing" was used

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

bbc

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Without checking I’d be fairly confident saying ‘the Beatles’ list wouldn’t be all singles.

Quite unique is an ambitious bar to set for any band. 

Unless we are using unique as Dem wanted literally used, as in, literally unique meaning fairly unusual unless you look in to it.

I thought the Beatles did a lot of double A sides or whatever you'd call them and then were in a time where the singles weren't automatically on their albums 

But the original comment about oasis isn't far off, take a song like half the world away, that's a b side with how many Spotify listens? And how many radio plays, it is very rare songs get that kind of popularity, again pulp and blur aren't doing that, not even close 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought the Beatles did a lot of double A sides or whatever you'd call them and then were in a time where the singles weren't automatically on their albums 

But the original comment about oasis isn't far off, take a song like half the world away, that's a b side with how many Spotify listens? And how many radio plays, it is very rare songs get that kind of popularity, again pulp and blur aren't doing that, not even close 

I was working off a hunch, I’m not luring everyone in to a gotcha moment where I amaze everyone that the top three Spice Girls tunes weren’t singles.

I think back in the day more artists would have been either an album band or a poptastic singles band, so I’m expecting (on zero research) the likes of Stevie Wonder to have widely known album tracks, but Katie Perry not so much.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seeing as the sex pistols didn't release 10 singles in their career it shouldnt be that surprising 

I think that's the joke.  5 is their total amount of singles released (again, I think).

Oh! You Pretty Things

Gimme Shelter

Where is my mind

Here Comes the Sun

There is a Light that Never Goes Out

Stairway to Heaven

More than a Woman

Thunder road

Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

The Chain

Isn't She Lovely

A Day in the Life

Can I stop now?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And I'll take it a step further

The masterplan is a better album than any other band managed to put out in the 90s

Nevermind, ok computer, different class, whatever you want...masterplan is better 

Zackly, the b-sides were so popular that there was a clamour have them released as an album. Who else can boast that? Many consider The Masterplan to be Oasis’s best album too. 

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I was working off a hunch, I’m not luring everyone in to a gotcha moment where I amaze everyone that the top three Spice Girls tunes weren’t singles.

I think back in the day more artists would have been either an album band or a poptastic singles band, so I’m expecting (on zero research) the likes of Stevie Wonder to have widely known album tracks, but Katie Perry not so much.

SW would be interesting because with nothing to back this up I'd have thought he was singles based in the 60s when he broke through but then went on to have big albums in the 70s as music changed 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And I'll take it a step further

The masterplan is a better album than any other band managed to put out in the 90s

Nevermind, ok computer, different class, whatever you want...masterplan is better 

A matter of personal preference.  It's not objectively better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I think that's the joke.  5 is their total amount of singles released (again, I think).

Nope, released over 10 most of the later ones are garbage though

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Oh! You Pretty Things

Gimme Shelter

Where is my mind

Here Comes the Sun

There is a Light that Never Goes Out

Stairway to Heaven

More than a Woman

Thunder road

Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

The Chain

Isn't She Lovely

A Day in the Life

Can I stop now?

How many different artists make up that list? 

Nobody said that Oasis invented the popular unreleased song, just they have many more than anyone else (imo, and possibly with the exception of the Beatles which I doubt anyone cba to check). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope, released over 10 most of the later ones are garbage though

Fair enough.  Is the top 10 exclusively made up from Never Mind the Bollocks?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â