Oasis: This is their thread

useless

27 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Ticketmaster have thrown Oasis under the bus saying its up to the artist to opt in to dynamic pricing.

They haven't and they are correct. Bruce Springsteen did it, Taylor Swift didn't

If anyone honestly believes that the Gallaghers have had a sit down and discussed pricing strategy for these gigs, they are deluded. Taylor Swift famously micromanages every detail of her events. The Gallaghers are more likely to have listened to management who advised via solicitors and accountants and its highly liely they didn't even consider the question

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I doubt either of them will have been involved in the decision to use a particular type of pricing model but again, not a peep out of rent-a-gob Liam in particular who usually posts crap around the clock on twitter.

The band or the management (likely after discussing with the band) have to opt into dynamic pricing. Blur chose not to last year and when the cure found out dynamic pricing had been used they forced ticketmaster to refund the added money. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If Ticketmaster aren't at least partly culpable then why didn't SeeTickets do the surge pricing?

Because they don't have the technology too and in all lielihood were only allowed to sell a specific number of tickets. The surge pricing or "Platinum Tickets" only get solf after seetickets allocation has gone

3 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

The band or the management (likely after discussing with the band) have to opt into dynamic pricing. Blur chose not to last year and when the cure found out dynamic pricing had been used they forced ticketmaster to refund the added money. 

I am half expecting the band to suggest any dynamic pricing add-ons to be refunded. It’s really the only way out of the PR mess they have in their hands.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because they don't have the technology too and in all lielihood were only allowed to sell a specific number of tickets. The surge pricing or "Platinum Tickets" only get solf after seetickets allocation has gone

We got ours after 12 for Heaton Park and by that point people on Twitter were already highlighting the surge pricing.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The bigger thing for me is... will they be any good?  Will this be an authentic Oasis experience, or will they be... less effective in delivering the classic?

I think they'll be above average to be honest. Liams voice isn't what it was but it is better than before oasis split when he was basically just shouting. 

They were never that interactive anyway. 

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We got ours after 12 for Heaton Park and by that point people on Twitter were already highlighting the surge pricing.

So it triggered before, they'll still have a fixed number of tickets to sell as they aren't the primary seller.

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The bigger thing for me is... will they be any good?  Will this be an authentic Oasis experience, or will they be... less effective in delivering the classic?

How hard is it for two blokes to stand there for a couple of hours. They were never really showmen the pair of them, neither of them were what you'd call animated.

Couple of thunderbirds puppets the pair of them

• Haha 1

I've seen them both on their own , few years times  when I'm senile i'll remember it as them both being on stage together  ,so tickets or not  when I'm in my 70's I'll have seen Oasis live 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I've seen them both on their own , few years times  when I'm senile i'll remember it as them both being on stage together  ,so tickets or not  when I'm in my 70's I'll have seen Oasis live 

If only I could transfer you my memories, that way I wouldn't have to put up with them :D 

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

If Oasis fans succeed where the Swifties failed and take Ticketmaster down (spoiler alert: they won't) then all is forgiven.

Yeah no chance. Best case Noel comes out and states those overcharged will be refunded the difference and that will be that. Someone will want to claim the kudos for that.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I think it'll be good, Bonehead will give it the more authentic Oasis wall of sound, probably the most talented musicians Gem, Chris Sharrock and hopefully Andy Bell will be in the band as well, Liam's sounding his best since about 2000, hopefully Noel does more guitar work than with the High Flying Birds.  Liam's missus will keep him from doing anything too daft as she's there all the time.

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it'll be good, Bonehead will give it the more authentic Oasis wall of sound, probably the most talented musicians Gem, Chris Sharrock and hopefully Andy Bell will be in the band as well, Liam's sounding his best since about 2000, hopefully Noel does more guitar work than with the High Flying Birds.  Liam's missus will keep him from doing anything too daft as she's there all the time.

I can’t see Andy Bell being there. He’s been out of their circle for a long time, and I think he’s with Ride currently. I assume it’ll be former Zutons and current HFB bassist Russell Pritchard. 

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

At a guess... better than 2005-09 Oasis, but nowhere near 94-97 vintage. 

• Like 1

Some tickets popping up on Twickets from time to time. I just saw 1 available at Wembley on the 3rd for £226 total and 1 at Cardiff. Pricey but much less than some of the big numbers. Might be worth checking periodically

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â