Oasis: This is their thread

useless

44 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Surely that illegal ? I’ve got a hotel room in Bolton booked for £120 

Don’t think it is. You couldn’t pay me £120 to stay in Bolton :D 

• Haha 1

Genuine, straight up, enquiry - If anyone knows of anyone with connections in and around the gigs, maybe the afters, maybe the warm ups, DM me and share some numbers. I'd be fuming if they missed out on the best leftfield DJ in VT history. Fuming.

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Now, I know Simon is not everyone’s cup of tea. But I’ve stood with him at the footy, and I’ve hugged him at Furries gigs, and he’s ok.

Guarniad

Best read for entertainment value and as click bait.

I agree with everything in that article, in my opinion (not that anyone cares! 😉) oasis are over hyped and over rated.

I know a lot on here like oasis, but I cannot stand the whiney pretend to be Beatles lite, musically drab to$$ers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

various reports that more dates will be announced. should be fine.

Yeah, this has been confirmed already. Plus lots of overseas gigs.

The obviously want to make sure the big Uk/Ireland stadium dates are full first.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, this has been confirmed already. Plus lots of overseas gigs.

The obviously want to make sure the big Uk/Ireland stadium dates are full first.

the ones already announced will be more popular anyway as they fall on weekends. no one wants to go to a gig like this on a tuesday night

• Like 1

My prediction is an initial mad scramble for tickets, then they go on resell sites for crazy money. 

Then more shows and tickets get released, hype dies down a bit, towards next summer people start off loading their tickets at face value. 

22 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

For some reason Jarvis Cocker winds me up, I have to turn the radio down whenever Pulp get played.  I don't know what it is because the few tunes they play are decent enough pop songs.

You're not alone, he's not for me. When I lived in Sheffield I used to drink in the drummers pub apparently. I often wonder if it's latent hangover from the time they took the headline slot from Glasto after the Stone Roses comeback was derailed, competition winners just because common people was riding high in the charts at the time, but then I see his face or hear him talk and realise it's just him. Or maybe it's me.But if it's me, it's you as well.

Nah, we're right :D

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I agree with everything in that article, in my opinion (not that anyone cares! 😉) oasis are over hyped and over rated.

I know a lot on here like oasis, but I cannot stand the whiney pretend to be Beatles lite, musically drab to$$ers.

I don't know what's more tired and uncool now.  Loving Oasis or hating them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

My prediction is an initial mad scramble for tickets, then they go on resell sites for crazy money. 

Then more shows and tickets get released, hype dies down a bit, towards next summer people start off loading their tickets at face value. 

As with the Stone Roses reunion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

the Stone Roses reunion

The only gig I bought more tickets for than I could find friends to go with and ended up selling 2 of them to a tout in the street on my way in the gates.

36 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As with the Stone Roses reunion

Also Liam’s Knebworth gigs. I saw loads of people trying to offload them at face value in the couple of weeks before it.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I , ain't got a clue what I'll do for accommodation I'll probably just doss around the train station and get the earliest train home possible.

There is someone local to me that has advertised on twitter that she lives in Cardiff and has a spare room that sleeps 4 or a garden that can accom 4 tents. The price she asks is … 2 tickets.

It worked for her for the Beyoncé gig and the Taylor Swift gig. Yesterday she posted up the same deal for Oasis.

It’s not something that would ever have occurred to me.

The thing is Wembley in particular puts in major events all the time. This is nothing new for that part of the world. It’s normal business for hotels and car parks.

Oasis are different gravy to the stone roses. Demand is going to be there for all the shows I think because  this is it , I don’t see there being anymore reunions for several reasons one being it won’t capture the imagination ever again like this one will. 

The one thing that bothered me about the recent Knebworth album release is that it is spliced from both nights and isn't just the one that was broadcast in its entirety, I had that on cassette and I've got it downloaded on my laptop but it'd be nice to have it on Spotify, I know every single bit of Liam's ramblings in between songs, listening to the official version just isn't the same for me.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â