Oasis: This is their thread

useless

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The 'singles' chart (downloads, streams, etc.) no longer has the same significance that it once had. Different market sector. Album sales and concert tours are where the guitar bands are at. 

Exactly and even more so the vinyl albums chart because that's where people have invested actual large amounts of money in physical media, there isn't a specific physical media chart as far as I'm aware but the vinyl one definitely shows the dedication to the particular act.

• Like 1

And if you go to any local band gig or open mic night, 95% of the acts will be guitar based. You get the odd piano/keyboard/synth/backing track performer, but they remain a small minority. Guitars are portable, relatively cheap, and easy to learn the rudiments, which is why they retain their massive popularity. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Catfish and the bottlemen are the only new stadium band in the last 10 years aren't they? And they haven't done it yet, it's next year

Depends what you mean by "new" - The 1975's debut album was only released twelve months before theirs and they've been doing tours of that size for a few years now. 

Edited by ml1dch

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone received the link about priority tickets going on sale tomorrow ? 

Nah, I signed up but nothing came through

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Depends what you mean by "new" - The 1975's debut album was only released twelve months before theirs and they've been doing tours of that size for a few years now. 

They're not though, they're playing the O2 and the genting, they're not stadiums either 

They're also top of the list with what I said with regards to guitar music going middle class, terrible band 

They’ve confirmed they will NOT be playing Glastonbury or any other festivals next year.

Aligns with what I thought, nowhere near enough money in it for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Nah, I signed up but nothing came through

My email came through after about 12 hours. 

Now, I know Simon is not everyone’s cup of tea. But I’ve stood with him at the footy, and I’ve hugged him at Furries gigs, and he’s ok.

Guarniad

Noel plays his guitar as if he’s scared it will break, and Oasis’s funkless, sexless plod is always carefully pitched below the velocity at which fluid dynamics dictate that you might spill your lager. 

Oasis are the band of choice for flag-shaggers and Reform voters

Best read for entertainment value and as click bait.

So hotel chains have started cancelling their bookings that coincide with he oasis dates and relisting them at three and four times the price

• Shocked 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

So hotel chains have started cancelling their bookings that coincide with he oasis dates and relisting them at three and four times the price

Scumbags. 

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Surely that illegal ? I’ve got a hotel room in Bolton booked for £120 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â