Oasis: This is their thread

useless

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Their songs were mainly there to fill a quota, they got one or two each, Liam got 3 and Noel did the rest but sung most of them himself.  Oasis kind of died when it stopped being Liam singing Noel's songs, with just the odd exception thrown in.  That's why it only really matters that those two are there, albeit the rest of the band will be previous members anyway.

Oh I don’t hold their contribution particularly highly - even compared to the other stuff found on the latter day albums. Album track filler mostly, maybe one or two between them that I don’t dislike.

Think it was partly to placate them (probably not the right word), as I would imagine they previously had more creative control before joining and to take some of the pressure off Noel.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Anyone else get the invite to the pre sale ballot?

That's going to be chaos in itself 

Yep 

kept crashing . Will try at 3 in the morning when I wake up for a piss it could be easier to get through. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope, did you sign up for something?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Nope, did you sign up for something?

Already registered with Liam Gallagher's website because I've bought stuff from the shop before 

Edit - I'm surprised they've not linked it with buying the 30th anniversary album which I haven't bought yet cos I can't see the difference with the 25th anniversary edition 

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I signed up to the ballot , says you get notified on Friday if you are successful, but still no guarantee you’ll get a ticket 

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I signed up to the ballot , says you get notified on Friday if you are successful, but still no guarantee you’ll get a ticket 

I signed up but not had the verification email yet that they said they would be issuing straight away. 

A friend of mine reminded me that I saw Oasis once. He said do you fancy trying for tickets, I said hell freezes over etc, he said well in 94 we saw them and it might be a laugh. Turns out I saw them at Glastonbury but I always thought it was my memory tricking me. Conversely he saw Johnny Cash on the same day and he doesnt remember that. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I signed up but not had the verification email yet that they said they would be issuing straight away. 

Got my ballot email today , so about a third of the way there !! 

the one I did under my work email a few hours later hasn’t  come through yet though  

IMG_4223.jpeg

• Like 1

Back to the "is this Oasis?" discussion. Apparently there are current 2 touring groups of Black Lace. None of the touring members were ever in Black Lace during it's heyday with both recognised members now dead. 

I believe some musical acts are similar. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Back to the "is this Oasis?" discussion. Apparently there are current 2 touring groups of Black Lace. None of the touring members were ever in Black Lace during it's heyday with both recognised members now dead. 

I believe some musical acts are similar. 

Colin died this year. He was the last person to have claim on it. Alan Barton died quite a few years back outside of them. No one can claim it.

Just now, Seat68 said:

Colin died this year. He was the last person to have claim on it. Alan Barton died quite a few years back outside of them. No one can claim it.

But 2 lots of people do.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But 2 lots of people do.

Yeah I know but none of them really should as the link is so tenuous. It would be like Jubjub or bugsy fronting Oasis, or whatever the non Gallaghers, non Ride and non Heavy Stereo people are called. 

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A friend of mine reminded me that I saw Oasis once. He said do you fancy trying for tickets, I said hell freezes over etc, he said well in 94 we saw them and it might be a laugh. Turns out I saw them at Glastonbury but I always thought it was my memory tricking me. Conversely he saw Johnny Cash on the same day and he doesnt remember that. 

Yeah, check this for an Other Stage lineup on the Sunday in 1994.  The big four all on there and some pretty far down the bill.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â