Oasis: This is their thread

useless

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The kids will love it :lol: 

Plenty of sunshinnnnnnne!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm entirely neutral on Oasis. Don't love 'em, don't hate 'em. 

When they came along, I was relieved to see the emergence of a guitar-based (loud, but melodic) pop-rock band, after the rap, dance and synths horrors of the 80s. Slade without the glitter, and an openly acknowledged debt to The Beatles - what's not to like? Breath of fresh air, I thought. I even bought their first two albums. 

The novelty soon faded. They started recycling their limited repertoire, and the brotherly squabbles soon got boring. Never saw them live, no desire to. But I get why people like them - especially if you were a kid in the 90s. 

For those who enjoy - enjoy. 

Yep my thoughts exactly.  Loved some of the big numbers so understand the cult-ness they got but the novelty soon faded for me.  It’ll be interesting to see if they fulfil all the dates without a big squabble between the brothers or worse that somebody completely walks…

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep my thoughts exactly.  Loved some of the big numbers so understand the cult-ness they got but the novelty soon faded for me.  It’ll be interesting to see if they fulfil all the dates without a big squabble between the brothers or worse that somebody completely walks…

No doubt they’ll put a big of an act on but I think they’ll be buzzing themselves for it. Less drugs and booze nowadays for them which will help .

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No doubt they’ll put a big of an act on but I think they’ll be buzzing themselves for it. Less drugs and booze nowadays for them which will help .

Yeah very much could be, but could go the other way that the drugs and booze gave them that X factor.  Being older and less influenced by drugs and booze, in a different era might take that aura from them.  I certainly hope not for the fans that love them and will be going to the gigs.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah very much could be, but could go the other way that the drugs and booze gave them that X factor.  Being older and less influenced by drugs and booze, in a different era might take that aura from them.  I certainly hope not for the fans that love them and will be going to the gigs.

Based on what I've seen from Liam solo it doesn't 

Noel has an older audience and tweaks the sound of the oasis songs (wonderwall feels influenced by the Ryan Adams cover) which means he does 

The thing with these shows is I don't think anyone will be under any illusion as to what they are, it'll be a tear up, that's both a good thing and a bad thing, I can't imagine there's many guys in their late 40s thinking of taking their wives and being upset that it's rowdy

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

I think it’s a risk, but I suspect Noel really wants this to happen for the payday so he might be a bit more tolerant than before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I see your point but I think they just have this natural magic between them at times and with it being so long I think they’ll kill it. Surely they ain’t stupid enough to **** it up and only Liam could do this I think but we’ll see. They both still enjoy a drink and think Liam still dabbles.

surely these won't be the only dates? initial rumours were that they wanted to beat taylor swift's record of wembley dates

going to be quite a scramble saturday

Just now, tomav84 said:

surely these won't be the only dates? initial rumours were that they wanted to beat taylor swift's record of wembley dates

going to be quite a scramble saturday

Usual strategy is that they (all big artists) release dates, assess the demand then go again with new dates. Nothing worse than releasing dozens in 1 go then deal with the publicity that they aren’t selling out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I see your point but I think they just have this natural magic between them at times and with it being so long I think they’ll kill it. Surely they ain’t stupid enough to **** it up and only Liam could do this I think but we’ll see. They both still enjoy a drink and think Liam still dabbles.

I’ve seen them a few times and it really is pot luck which “Oasis” turn up. I was really excited to see them at Old Trafford cricket ground and they were terrible. Neither brother seemed like they wanted to be there. They did the bare minimum and then just got of the stage as quickly as possible.

Other times yes, they looked up for it.

The other thing is that they never really have any sort of stage show. Unlike Coldplay, U2, Taylor Swift, Take That etc. They are literally going to stand there, play the songs and then go again.

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

that they wanted to beat taylor swift's record of wembley dates

The record is Take That's as far as I'm aware. Both did 8, Take That did 8 in a row Swift didn't

• Like 1

It’s interesting that the promo images are just the 2 of them. No sign of the rest of the band. 

The media will probably start tomorrow on “rows erupt as the Gallagher brothers cannot agree on who will join them”. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve seen them a few times and it really is pot luck which “Oasis” turn up. I was really excited to see them at Old Trafford cricket ground and they were terrible. Neither brother seemed like they wanted to be there. They did the bare minimum and then just got of the stage as quickly as possible.

Other times yes, they looked up for it.

The other thing is that they never really have any sort of stage show. Unlike Coldplay, U2, Taylor Swift, Take That etc. They are literally going to stand there, play the songs and then go again.

I can see why people ain’t arsed about them now especially after a few bad shows they witnessed but demand from all different age groups will be massive . Lad culture X a million which sounds awful . I kind of like that aspect of them in terms of going on stage doing your songs and that’s it.  A big light show wouldn’t suit them. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â