Oasis: This is their thread

useless

saw liam at reading last night and have to say i'm buzzing for this. never got to see oasis so definitely one to tick off the bucket list

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A reunion will definitely happen and it will be huge in the uk .  The crowd will be awful though 😂

Oh they will be. I was Heaton Park for the Roses reunion and a lad around 18/19 had to be held up he was so bladdered.

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Will it be with Barry and Stig or just the mouthy clowns. Enquiring minds need to know. 

I saw the Rultles in 2015 in London as part of the Bonzo's final gig.

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Oh they will be. I was Heaton Park for the Roses reunion and a lad around 18/19 had to be held up he was so bladdered.

Being in that state at a gig is not exclusive to teenagers 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Being in that state at a gig is not exclusive to teenagers 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

Very true. I was absolutely wrecked at Courteeners the night we beat Small Heath 5-1 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I wonder if they’ve settled on a lineup?

Maybe they have Gem and Bonehead making the band a 6 piece. Who on bass and drums? 

That's guaranteed I'm sure, I'd say Andy will be on bass, no chance of Guigsy, then I'd love Alan on drums, though Chris Sharrock is an incredible drummer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I saw the Rultles in 2015 in London as part of the Bonzo's final gig.

I saw The Rutles in 2018. Neil Innes died the following year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m surprised they’re gonna do Glastonbury as it’s clearly a cash grab and Glasto doesn’t pay that well. It’s not really their crowd either.

They haven’t even reformed yet let alone announced they are doing Glasto :D 

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

They haven’t even reformed yet let alone announced they are doing Glasto :D 

We can pick and choose which of the strong rumours to believe I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m really not bothered about this and I like them, although I don’t really listen to them these days.

However, my main contention is…while I think people should post where they wish, I have to be honest, I don’t quite understand the amount of people who really don’t like the band at all but who also feel the need to regularly contribute to this thread.

I'm guessing it's because it's allegedly "news", so people who follow the news are commenting on the news.

If Mansun were getting back together then it probably wouldn't be on the news and people who weren't interested in Mansun wouldn't know about it and bother commenting. 

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I'm guessing it's because it's allegedly "news", so people who follow the news are commenting on the news.

If Mansun were getting back together then it probably wouldn't be on the news and people who weren't interested in Mansun wouldn't know about it and bother commenting. 

This thread didn’t exactly start in the most reverential manner either based on the first page or two.

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Charlie and Sadie are dead, that band ain’t getting back together 

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m really not bothered about this and I like them, although I don’t really listen to them these days.

However, my main contention is…while I think people should post where they wish, I have to be honest, I don’t quite understand the amount of people who really don’t like the band at all but who also feel the need to regularly contribute to this thread.

I think Formula One is the dullest spectacle ever. Which is why you never see me in that thread. I just avoid it. 

Do people just go into threads of particular topics they don’t like and repeatedly say “Nah this is shit”? People who hold no interest in wrestling (of which I am one), are you in there criticising it? I actually don’t know as I don’t go in it. Maybe you are. 

And don’t say “Oh well, you don’t like the tories, you post in there, Mark…” Bit different, they supposedly ran the country.

If this was being discussed in the general music thread, then yeah, have at them. 

Musically Oasis are very divisive. Those on the fence tend to err towards well they have some great sing along anthems, where as  a lot of people who like music, not all, but a lot, do have an opinion on them. Create a thread and those opinions will come out. If there was a U2, Coldplay or even a Beatles specific thread it would attract opinions. This is perhaps the only artist specific thread on VT so it’s absolutely right that dissenting views are made as well as pro voices. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Musically Oasis are very divisive. Those on the fence tend to err towards well they have some great sing along anthems, where as  a lot of people who like music, not all, but a lot, do have an opinion on them. Create a thread and those opinions will come out. If there was a U2, Coldplay or even a Beatles specific thread it would attract opinions. This is perhaps the only artist specific thread on VT so it’s absolutely right that dissenting views are made as well as pro voices. 

So hypothetically, if I repeatedly rocked up in the country and western thread taking the piss out of the lyrics and saying how cloyingly saccharine the whole genre is, you’re ok with that?

Edit - you wouldn’t consider that, somewhat wasting of everyone’s time?

Edited by Mark Albrighton

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â