Oasis: This is their thread

useless

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's no way Noel is passing up tens of million quid doing a Morning Glory tour in 2025.  The question is whether I want to go as I reckon the crowd would be full of absolute dickheads, though hopefully a load of them will still be locked up from the riots the other week.

A reunion will definitely happen and it will be huge in the uk .  The crowd will be awful though 😂

22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's no way Noel is passing up tens of million quid doing a Morning Glory tour in 2025.  The question is whether I want to go as I reckon the crowd would be full of absolute dickheads, though hopefully a load of them will still be locked up from the riots the other week.

f9Baij7.gif

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have the same concerns about the state of those that will go to any potential reunion gigs. 

The D:Ream reunion looks particularly uninspiring.

PM to say: 'Things will get worse before we get better'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This reunion will be another of those things that people will feel that should have been left in the past.

I was a mega fan of them in the 90s, but listening back to them as I got older their song lyrics are nonsensical, and their melodies are a rip off of much better bands from earlier eras.

The madchester scene is over as well, and that was a huge part of their gimmick in their early days when they rose to fame. It's going to be attended by a load of grey dad's with Paul Weller haircuts along with influencers too young to experience it first time around trying to make it happen.

There's a thousand better bands than these I'd rather reunite.

Thing is I've seen oasis a few times, I've seen both of them solo too, but if they did a tour together again, especially for WTSMG which personally I think is the better album, I'd have to do it, I'd sell a kidney to do it

And it is going to be full of absolute bellends, coke dealers up and down the country will be retiring off it, would say don't do a Manchester gig, special breed up there, saw Liam at old trafford and it was possibly the worst gig I've ever been to and there's just that weird manc arrogance cranked up to 11

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

I think its inevitable they will reform for a tour. The barriers seem to be coming down between them.

The article I read in July  said 10 days Manchester and 10 days London 

I kinda ignored it at the time as the annual Oasis reform rumour , but does seem to have more legs this time around 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

True, but no-one cares about that. They were the band for a lot of people my age, and the tour will be absolutely huge. They could probably sell out Wembley 50 nights in a row. 

Granted, the crowd will be full of coked up nobs, buts its the price you pay

It's never not been that crowd, it's the same people we're all just older and more judgemental, but that's okay,

I'm in. Let's go.

• Like 1

Just now, T-Dog said:

It's never not been that crowd, it's the same people we're all just older and more judgemental, but that's okay,

I'm in. Let's go.

When I saw them at MK in 2005, someone tried to start a fight on me for no reason, and it wasn't @lapal_fan, who I believe was in the crowd that day! 

You bring the coke and lets nob it up! (kw)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

True, but no-one cares about that. They were the band for a lot of people my age, and the tour will be absolutely huge. They could probably sell out Wembley 50 nights in a row. 

Granted, the crowd will be full of coked up nobs, buts its the price you pay. 

100%

And as Liam headlines R&L this weekend there's still been no one like them since which is why theres still such a huge following from the younger generation 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Granted, the crowd will be full of coked up nobs, buts its the price you pay. 

I'm probably a similar age, I'm 43 and they were the undoubtedly the biggest UK band during a time of boom and societal change. Everybody wanted to be like Liam and Noel.

I just think they're a bit crap, on reflection.

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm probably a similar age, I'm 43 and they were the undoubtedly the biggest UK band during a time of boom and societal change. Everybody wanted to be like Liam and Noel.

I just think they're a bit crap, on reflection.

I'm 45, and while I can agree that their later albums are average, the first two records are superb. I love Be Here Now as well. I was 18 when that came out and it reminds me of that time. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm 45, and while I can agree that their later albums are average, the first two records are superb. I love Be Here Now as well. I was 18 when that came out and it reminds me of that time. 

And the tour would be what's the story + acquiesce, masterplan, round are way, talk tonight, headshrinker, rocking chair, underneath the sky, it's better people 

Maybe maybe cum on feel the noize...

The setlist is going to be incredible 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I WAS at the MK gig in 05, it was pretty good I thought.

My brother is 44 in November and Oasis started waking me up in 94 every single morning until 00 on my brother's morning wake up stereo alarm.  I sort of got into them at the Be Here Now times.  

• Like 1

Saw Liam at the O2 in June for the definitely maybe anniversary and Noel at Warwick castle in July.

Liam sounded a bit Karaoke but Noel’s oasis stuff was good. The power of Oasis was them together and I’ll be paying though the teeth to see them.

Saw one of the last gigs at Wembley before they split and still best gig I’ve been to, possibly because a Kasabian in their pomp were supporting. 

I reckon I’ve probably seen Oasis more times than anyone on VT :D 

I can only apologise to the world for promoting some of their early shows 😭

• Thanks 1

No, thank you Bicks, for your sterling work in helping them on their road to stardom. Your finest work ;)

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â