Oasis: This is their thread

useless

Why is there no prominent instances of people punching touts?  I mean, they’re perfectly visible and identifiable most of the time.  Usually rude, obnoxious dickheads too to make it even easier. 

16 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I got a call yesterday from an official company offering me hospitality at Wembley for £2k a ticket. Crikey.

Was the call from Chris Heck ?

• Haha 3

Sounds like your experiences on Ticketmaster for oasis gigs made by comparison,  the Villa online ticket website a superb, smooth error free and easy way to buy a ticket for a game.

The band / promoter set the ticketing price structure not Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster give them the options if fixed or dynamic. Band chose to max profit with dynamic pricing.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

The band / promoter set the ticketing price structure not Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster give them the options if fixed or dynamic. Band chose to max profit with dynamic pricing.

Ticketmaster's purpose is essentially now to take the negative press away from bands being greedy 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Ticketmaster's purpose is essentially now to take the negative press away from bands being greedy 

They’ve come out fighting saying that the dynamic pricing is nothing to do with them, not sure if they commented on the website/app going down and people having to rejoin the queue at the back though.

I assume the silence from the Gallagher brothers to go in a bit longer until this blows over.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They’ve come out fighting saying that the dynamic pricing is nothing to do with them, not sure if they commented on the website/app going down and people having to rejoin the queue at the back though.

I assume the silence from the Gallagher brothers to go in a bit longer until this blows over.

Not quite the truth either. Of course it’s to do with them, it’s their software that runs the model. Ticketmaster will offer the option of dynamic or fixed, they¡ll heavily favour dynamic because they make more money (so will the band).

In reality, what will happen here is he money men will sit down and crunch the numbers and will then report back to management on the potential profits. Management will always pick the most profitable unless told otherwise. The band are likely to be told something along 5e lines of… gigs are sorted, we expect to make £xmil etc, unless the band are really switched on they won’t question it and just leave it to management. I'm not imagining Noel and Liam's relationship being at the stage where they sit down and agree a joint strategy over ticketing.

This week there will be a conversation between management and band that explains this to them. And at the end of the day there’s now eff all the band can do about it so they might as well suck it up and enjoy the extra cash when it comes in.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Genie said:

Charging a premium because of demand is an absolute scandal. The fact they were starting at £150 reflects the demand already.

Wait till they then announce a load of extra nights back at standard prices. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And the people that already have tickets will go back in for more and everyone else will be logging on with 8 laptops and we will be back to dynamic pricing again 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Have they split up already 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Except they’ve announced today that there are no more dates

Got to the day of release and realised I really weren’t that arsed about going. We had several devices we could have tried for tickets from but only my wife’s phone was logged on  for tickets. It’s all just been a load of bollocks and with the tickets going up in value because demand was so high left a bitter taste in my mouth for those that were held to ransom. Be too many dick heads there also. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got to the day of release and realised I really weren’t that arsed about going. We had several devices we could have tried for tickets from but only my wife’s phone was logged on  for tickets. It’s all just been a load of bollocks and with the tickets going up in value because demand was so high left a bitter taste in my mouth for those that were held to ransom. Be too many dick heads there also. 

Most of em on the stage.

• Haha 2

Promoters don’t tend to put heir name on advertising any more so it was hard to work out who was promoting the Oasis shows. It’s the utter bastards that are Live Nation. 
Sooooo… have a guess who owns Ticketmaster?

Yep, Live Nation.

So Ticketmaster line of it’s the promoters and the band that set the ticket pricing…  rings somewhat hollow.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â