Oasis: This is their thread

useless

4 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

One of my sisters pals got sent the code and decided that she couldn't be bothered so she has gave them away

How are they going to apply from her email address?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

How are they going to apply from her email address?

She's given it to one of her sons pals or sommet like that, I'm guessing that she's given them the necessary details

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Maybe one for the conspiracy thread, but it’s a bit weird that neither of the brothers (who are usually not shy in sharing their thoughts) have said a word on this tour.

Their phones must be ringing off the hook from their pals in the tv/print media, radio, social media, talk shows etc etc to talk about the tour, who called who, when was it agreed etc… but it’s complete silence from the both of them. Very unusual 🤨 

Pretty shrewd if you ask me. Given the propensity of both to pop off and say epically stupid 💩it’s smart business to muzzle them until after the tickets are sold 🤣

Just wondering, if I get 4 tickets but we want to go separately (me and my mate go via train, sister and my nephew drive) will I be able to forward 2 tickets to to her so she can get in without me or will all 4 of us have to go in together?

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

She's given it to one of her sons pals or sommet like that, I'm guessing that she's given them the necessary details

She'll have had to give them access to her email account. The code is tied to the email.

23 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Pretty shrewd if you ask me. Given the propensity of both to pop off and say epically stupid 💩it’s smart business to muzzle them until after the tickets are sold 🤣

My thinking is they’re selling/sold the exclusive first interview to the highest bidder so keeping schtum until it’s in place.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Screenshot-2024-08-28-at-8-58-39-PM.png

Hide contents

The late, great GG Allin & his brother Merle 

GG Allin was a vile talentless word removed.

I'm kind of neutral when it comes to Oasis (some decent songs but that's as far as it goes for me) but I have to say I don't think the tickets for the reunion gigs seem too expensive at all.

Considering the huge clamour for them I thought they'd be north of £250.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Just wondering, if I get 4 tickets but we want to go separately (me and my mate go via train, sister and my nephew drive) will I be able to forward 2 tickets to to her so she can get in without me or will all 4 of us have to go in together?

I *think* you can transfer the tickets on the app to their app? Not hundred percent sure, worth looking into

20 hours ago, bickster said:

This is why Venues you know are better, familiar venues and you know the way to the sweet spot

Royal court in Liverpool, go to the bar in the basement and come up the back staircase, it took very little effort to get a speck just in front of the mixing desk which was the prime spot. Go the other way ie the way you came in and… wall of people

One of the last to leave the bar and still get a great position. Every time.

Kenneth%20Williams%20%20Carry%20On%20Mat

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not a hater or lover of Oasis, but this is a different take.

So 15 years of Punch-and-Judy bickering between Liam and Noel Gallagher has ended with the inevitable: Oasis reforming for a UK and Ireland tour – and a giant payday (money talks, especially when Noel has a reported £20m divorce settlement to cover). Cue wild celebrations from the section of the British public who are still nostalgic for the simpler times of Euro 96 and the first Blair administration. Britpop’s coming home.

I’m not among them, and here’s why. I genuinely believe Oasis are the most damaging pop-cultural force in recent British history. It’s easy to attack them for being musically regressive: after all, they didn’t just Stop The Clocks, to quote the title of their 2006 best-of, but rewound them by 30 years. But the real problem is that they set social attitudes back even further.

I’ll never forget being present at the Q Awards in 2000, when Liam Gallagher repeatedly heckled Robbie Williams with “Queer!” and Kylie Minogue with “Lesbian!” as the assembled music business and media tittered nervously, reluctant to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. It’s one of the ugliest scenes I’ve ever witnessed. This wasn’t a one-off either. In 2016, on Twitter, he called Russian football hooligans “batty boys”, and in 2018 used another homophobic slur, “bum chums”, against Noel, Johnny Marr and Paul Weller.

The Gallaghers’ knuckle-dragging ideas on sexuality and politics arguably shouldn’t matter. We’re all familiar with the concept of separating the art from the artist, though everyone’s mileage varies on where to set the line in the sand. But the art needs to at least be good. Oasis, memorably described by the late great Neil Kulkarni as the “English Rock Defence League”, offer nothing but a sludgy, trudgy, brontosaurus-bottomed waddle, perfect for that adult nappy gait so beloved of their singer and fans.

Lyrically, too, they’re dismal: the promisingly mischievous Elsa/Alka-Seltzer rhyme of debut single Supersonic soon gave way to dull platitudes that might as well have been written by AI. But the problem is the music. Oasis don’t do fast songs. Noel plays his guitar as if he’s scared it will break, and Oasis’s funkless, sexless plod is always carefully pitched below the velocity at which fluid dynamics dictate that you might spill your lager. Is there anything more useless than a rock band that doesn’t rock?

Grauniad

This is basically inspired by the discussion of Oasis between Price, the writer of this article, and the sadly now dead Neil Kulkarni on an episode of the Chart Music podcast where they basically ripped them apart.

No pre-sale code for me :(

I think tomorrow I might just go for the VIP tickets if I can get access! Accept the fact it'll be pricey but so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So they announce some gigs with no new product but now have three albums in the top 5. Why didn’t these people buy it last week, or last month or two years ago? 
It’s a little odd no?

Were they buying product to get in the presale raffle?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â