Oasis: This is their thread

useless

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Did anyone own the “ Live By The Sea” VHS back in the day . Southend I think the venue was if I remember right. 

Yeah, really good show. Very raw sound back then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Did anyone own the “ Live By The Sea” VHS back in the day . Southend I think the venue was if I remember right. 

Yes I have a copy in the loft somewhere.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

The one thing that bothered me about the recent Knebworth album release is that it is spliced from both nights and isn't just the one that was broadcast in its entirety, I had that on cassette and I've got it downloaded on my laptop but it'd be nice to have it on Spotify, I know every single bit of Liam's ramblings in between songs, listening to the official version just isn't the same for me.

So I was at Knebworth on the Saturday and when John Squire was introduced for Champange Supernova there was some back and forth about him being a Man U fan (I'm pretty sure), none of that is on the CD.

Did Squire play on the Sunday too?

3 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

So I was at Knebworth on the Saturday and when John Squire was introduced for Champange Supernova there was some back and forth about him being a Man U fan (I'm pretty sure), none of that is on the CD.

Did Squire play on the Sunday too?

One of the nights there was some dialogue along the lines of “not seen him all day he’s been in bed blowing his nose” as he was full of flu.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

One of the nights there was some dialogue along the lines of “not seen him all day he’s been in bed blowing his nose” as he was full of flu.

What type of flu 🙂

41 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

yep, and Maine Road, and I I had the unplugged set from I think it was 96 (the one where Liam was heckling Noel) and Wembley...there was the other one that they did as well....was it 10 years of noise and confusion or something like that, I had that on VHS as well

7 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

yep, and Maine Road, and I I had the unplugged set from I think it was 96 (the one where Liam was heckling Noel) and Wembley...there was the other one that they did as well....was it 10 years of noise and confusion or something like that, I had that on VHS as well

Yeah that’s the one . 10 years was pay per view . 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah that’s the one . 10 years was pay per view . 

Think it cost about £14 and I was massively disappointed with Liam's vocals at the time...wasn't that gig in Scotland?

Always remember that it was Kelly Brook who presented the build up to the Wembley gig.

“10 Years of Noise and Confusion” was filmed at the Barrowland, Glasgow.

The Wembley gig was indeed hosted by Kelly Brook on Sky, that would have been the (drunk Liam) Saturday show while the Friday Wembley show was, largely, used for the “Familiar to Millions” release.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Always remember that it was Kelly Brook who presented the build up to the Wembley gig.

I remember being on the far side of the crowd and everyone was chanting “get your tits out for the lads”. At the time we didn’t know who it was in relation to but later realised it was Kelly Brook 

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

“10 Years of Noise and Confusion” was filmed at the Barrowland, Glasgow.

The Wembley gig was indeed hosted by Kelly Brook on Sky, that would have been the (drunk Liam) Saturday show while the Friday Wembley show was, largely, used for the “Familiar to Millions” release.

The Saturday show Noel was fuming with how wasted Liam was and hated every moment of it I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

The Saturday show Noel was fuming with how wasted Liam was and hated every moment of it I think. 

Yeah it was. I nearly went to that one but, probably for the best, I was at one of the Bolton gigs the week before.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I remember being on the far side of the crowd and everyone was chanting “get your tits out for the lads”. At the time we didn’t know who it was in relation to but later realised it was Kelly Brook 

It is this sort of stuff that their detractors will point out which seemingly comes part and parcel with them like not many (if any) other bands. And yeah it is dispiriting. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah it was. I nearly went to that one but, probably for the best, I was at one of the Bolton gigs the week before.

I went to the gig at the Reebok stadium too. It was pretty crazy as there was no pit at the front IIRC, and it was as close to Manchester they went on that tour so it was dangerously chaotic for crushes.

Would I be right in saying this is already the biggest UK tour ever already? 

2 Nights at Principality 

5 Nights at Heaton Park (50,000?)

5 Nights at Wembley 

3 Nights in Edinburgh 

2 Nights in Dublin 

That's a lot of people. Maybe Swift beats it due to more nights at Wembley = bigger venue than eg Heaton Park. But I bet there isn't much in it, and just one more date would trump her I think. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would I be right in saying this is already the biggest UK tour ever already? 

2 Nights at Principality 

5 Nights at Heaton Park (50,000?)

5 Nights at Wembley 

3 Nights in Edinburgh 

2 Nights in Dublin 

That's a lot of people. Maybe Swift beats it due to more nights at Wembley = bigger venue than eg Heaton Park. But I bet there isn't much in it, and just one more date would trump her I think. 

Taylor Swift is nowhere near the top attended tour list (worldwide), she's not even in the top 20 I don't think.

Be proud that a Brit tops that chart

Be even prouder that its all @chrisp65's fault

She is the highest grossing world tour but that's just an indication of how much she fleeces her fans for.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Yes I have a copy in the loft somewhere.

taped reverse gangbang 2 over it 

What are the chances of getting tickets for this 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Think it cost about £14 and I was massively disappointed with Liam's vocals at the time...wasn't that gig in Scotland?

Barrowlands Glasgow yeah . I paid for it too. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â