Oasis: This is their thread

useless

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Yeah, check this for an Other Stage lineup on the Sunday in 1994.  The big four all on there and some pretty far down the bill.

The big 4 being Radiohead, Pulp, Blur and Spiritualized? Oasis are the 7th best band on that list :D (and I have no opinion on the bottom three)

1 minute ago, bickster said:

The big 4 being Radiohead, Pulp, Blur and Spiritualized? Oasis are the 7th best band on that list :D (and I have no opinion on the bottom three)

Yeah why not.  I can be here on the wind up too 😆

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah why not.  I can be here on the wind up too 😆

Genuinely not a wind up, I've seen most of those bands and rate at least 6 of them as a better live experience than Oasis.

Oasis really aren't that good live, I've seen a few dreadful performances from them tbh. Last time I saw them at the Royal Court in Liverpool, they were crap. They would have been better live after all the original members left if it wasn't for the dreadful Noel / Liam interactions but I've never seen them after that point but the Noel / Liam thing was nearly always ruinous.

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Genuinely not a wind up, I've seen most of those bands and rate at least 6 of them as a better live experience than Oasis.

Oasis really aren't that good live, I've seen a few dreadful performances from them tbh. Last time I saw them at the Royal Court in Liverpool, they were crap. They would have been better live after all the original members left if it wasn't for the dreadful Noel / Liam interactions but I've never seen them after that point but the Noel / Liam thing was nearly always ruinous.

Yeah but that's a personal preference which is fine.  I said big and if you asked people to name the four most prominent bands of the Britpop era (whether they'd like the label or not) I'm pretty sure most would say Oasis, Blur, Pulp and Radiohead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah but that's a personal preference which is fine.  I said big and if you asked people to name the four most prominent bands of the Britpop era (whether they'd like the label or not) I'm pretty sure most would say Oasis, Blur, Pulp and Radiohead.

Blur and Radiohead have absolutely nothing to do with Britpop, Britpop isn't and never was anything other than a media label. The Spice Girls were part of Britpop and guess what, they are bigger than all those bands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Blur and Radiohead have absolutely nothing to do with Britpop, Britpop isn't and never was anything other than a media label. The Spice Girls were part of Britpop and guess what, they are bigger than all those bands.

Blur weren’t part of Britpop? whaaaaat?  

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Back to the "is this Oasis?" discussion. Apparently there are current 2 touring groups of Black Lace. None of the touring members were ever in Black Lace during it's heyday with both recognised members now dead. 

I believe some musical acts are similar. 

Partially prompted by that Johnny Marr tweet about the chances of reforming the Smiths, perversely, despite Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke not being the prominent members I think a Smiths reunion without the departed Rourke would be weird. 

And that’s with me holding what I imagine is the consensus that the Smiths are Moz and Marr. I think it would be weird to have a different bassist or drummer. 

Just now, bickster said:

No idea why I said Blur, I meant Pulp.

And you quoted me before I corrected Blue to Blur :lol: 

Blue actually might have a case too

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Back to the "is this Oasis?" discussion. Apparently there are current 2 touring groups of Black Lace. None of the touring members were ever in Black Lace during it's heyday with both recognised members now dead. 

I thought this deserved better from VT!😔

Edited by sidcow

Decided to try and get tickets for this as a day out and a piss up with friends. Though, I've seen Oasis loads and whilst they're good they're not that good. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Wait until you find out there are three line ups of Bjorn Again

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Naaah, whether rightly or wrongly those bands are always grouped together and under the Britpop banner (I did qualify that with saying some wouldn't agree with the definition).

My understanding of music defined as Britpop is pretty exclusively guitar based so ironically despite being Brit and Pop, Spice Girls don't count.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â