Oasis: This is their thread

useless

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Too many snowflakes there imo . 

Not really sure how that's relevant?  I'm talking about pre-registering for tickets which are then issued with a photo of the the purchaser.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

i would ask myself what my upper limit is for what id pay for a ticket, but im scared of what the answer may be 😩

I won't be opening my wallet anyway, they were getting shit when I saw them the first time in 2000/1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not really sure how that's relevant?  I'm talking about pre-registering for tickets which are then issued with a photo of the the purchaser.

Sorry I read it wrong . Thought you meant do Glastonbury . 

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

Adele and Ed Sheeran have tried things to alleviate it and stop touts cleaning up but to no avail. The industry clearly can’t regulate itself so government intervention is required.

The industry are the touts. The secondary selling websites are owned by the primary selling websites who are owned by... the big industry players.

All they did was get the government to only allow themselves to be touts.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You're practically a member of The Beatles. 

Played killer pool with him and Craig Johnston at the same time, can I get a share of the royalties from Predator football boots too :D 

I'm surprised by the lack of promotional material. I thought there would be interviews with them together, or a full photoshoot. Just that one photo so far...

Makes me think they haven't buried the hatchet, they'll just merely tolerate each other for the money spinning tour. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm surprised by the lack of promotional material. I thought there would be interviews with them together, or a full photoshoot. Just that one photo so far...

Makes me think they haven't buried the hatchet, they'll just merely tolerate each other for the money spinning tour. 

Plenty of bands like that. The Bunnymen... Will and Mac haven't spoken in years. You ask Will why he carries on and he says "It's a job"

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

The photo looks shopped too, I don’t think they were together when it was taken 

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

The photo looks shopped too, I don’t think they were together when it was taken 

Feeling on Reddit (such as it is) is that they were in the same room at the same time.

IMG_6205.jpeg.76bc078482e42a2c7c3b04e42e96b993.jpegIMG_6204.jpeg.90baa1ebb26507b157e6de138a2d3f4c.jpeg

• Like 1

I appreciate that objectivity is unlikely but is it Oasis? Currently it’s the vocalist and the songwriter. Is that all that is needed for it to be Oasis?

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I appreciate that objectivity is unlikely but is it Oasis? Currently it’s the vocalist and the songwriter. Is that all that is needed for it to be Oasis?

Lineup is not confirmed, but the rumour is that it’ll be Gem (Lead and backing guitar) from Oasis / HFB, Sharrock (drums) from Oasis / HFB, Mike Rowe (keyboards) from Oasis / HFB.

Gem also did vocals on some later Oasis tracks and live.

Bass is a big ??? but a lot seems to be being made that it’s the HFB and people not realising that they are mainly ex-Oasis band members. 

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The industry are the touts. The secondary selling websites are owned by the primary selling websites who are owned by... the big industry players.

All they did was get the government to only allow themselves to be touts.

Prince cancelled his entire planned european tour in 2014 due to the likes of Ticketmaster shifting tickets to their resell sites before going on sale to the public, since then his european gigs were all announced the day of the gigs and a low price first come first served at the box office of the venue. When I saw him at the O2 on his 21 nights tour each ticket was £31.21 and the aftershow was £25 flat rate.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I have had this discussion before, possibly not here, not sure.

Are the Rolling Stones the Rolling Stones without Charlie? They’re definitely not without Mick. Likewise with Keef.

Are Fleetwood Mac still Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn on vocals instead of Buckingham? Could they not have the “Mac” part of the band and have a different bassist and still be Fleetwood Mac? 

I think it varies from band to band.

For what it’s worth, Oasis are Noel and Liam. It would be nice to have Gem or whomever as some further connection but it’s the brothers and really it always has been. 

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Are Fleetwood Mac still Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn on vocals instead of Buckingham? Could they not have the “Mac” part of the band and have a different bassist and still be Fleetwood Mac?

There was a line of thought that Fleetwood Mac weren't Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They are the only two consistent members of the band aren't they?

I suppose there is an argument for Andy Bell because he did write a few of their later numbers.

23 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Feeling on Reddit (such as it is) is that they were in the same room at the same time.

IMG_6205.jpeg.76bc078482e42a2c7c3b04e42e96b993.jpegIMG_6204.jpeg.90baa1ebb26507b157e6de138a2d3f4c.jpeg

Cheers, coincidentally I just saw a story from the mirror on fb which basically said the picture looks shopped but the photographer confirmed they were together when it was taken (and that they were laughing joking with each other, despite what the pictures look like).

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

There was a line of thought that Fleetwood Mac weren't Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green.

Well yeah, it’s Ship of Theseus/Trigger’s broom type stuff.

The Who are Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend. 

The Kinks are Ray and Dave Davies. 

Queen are Brian May and Roger Taylor. 

There are countless examples. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â