Oasis: This is their thread

useless

I vaguely recall Noel saying that if they did play again it would be Gem and Andy Bell, but the last I heard from Bell he wasn’t particularly complimentary about Noel.

I don’t know, bass might be up for grabs. No mention of Guigsy, maybe Scott McLeod fancies building on his Wonderwall video cameo.

10 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I vaguely recall Noel saying that if they did play again it would be Gem and Andy Bell, but the last I heard from Bell he wasn’t particularly complimentary about Noel.

I don’t know, bass might be up for grabs. No mention of Guigsy, maybe Scott McLeod fancies building on his Wonderwall video cameo.

Guigsy vanished off the face of the earth when he left the band. I reckon it’ll be the fella from HFB for simplicity, along with Gem. I reckon Bonehead will pop up at a few gigs for a few songs but not the whole show and not every every show.

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I DEMAND TONY MCCAROLL ON DRUMS 

That would be something wouldn’t it :lol: 

They’d have to un-bury him first 

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

even though this is parody there's going to be so much of this. i never saw them back in the day despite having the opportunity to do so because i wasn't in to them enough, and because i was going through my metal phase and you just know there will be people holier than thou saying i don't have the right to be there as i'm not a 'true fan'

Back of the queue sunshine

get-out-leave.gif

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I was told by someone who roadied their final tour that it was Noel who was being a Representative for North East Somerset and playing his face. When it kicked off he was expecting Gem and Andy to side with him, but they sided with Liam and Noel stormed off. Everyone knew at the time it was partly manufactured by Noel as he wanted to go solo. That tour he was an absolute miserable git. Whilst Liam and the others were happy to sign stuff and get photos with fans, he was only interested in getting the money.

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I assume, from the ticket price you're talking about this years gigs in which case it was supposed to be at the new Tottenham stadium not Wembley. (And they ended up cancelling them due to Eddie losing his voice a few days after I saw them in Manchester). They've played Wembley Arena quite a bit.I agree £160 a pop was crazy money. Surely Oasis will be in the stadium?

TL:DR leave them alone what have they ever done to you ! :P

Yeah sorry meant Spurs stadium 

they had the second date reserved but there wasn’t enough demand in the end so it never went ahead 

I’ve seen PJ 3 times and was going to do the 4th but £160 is a bit ouch for a gig 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ringo’s son was a drummer for Oasis for a while

Zak was the drummer for the Icicle Works too when Sharrock left :D 

I may have shared the odd illicit cigarette with him in that period. 

It’s just yet another Oasis would be nothing without the Liverpool connection 😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

What percentage of these tickets get hoovered up by touts then?

09:00 tickets on sale 

09:00:25 no tickets available, but try on our partner website where you might get lucky for 3 times face value 

• Like 2

Just now, tonyh29 said:

09:00 tickets on sale 

09:00:25 no tickets available, but try on our partner website where you might get lucky for 3 times face value 

There really needs to be a government investigation into those practices. I remember when this all started and the music biz lobbied hard for the government to effectively outlaw ticket touting. This situation was the obvious outcome even then

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Ticket pricing released on Ticketmaster’s website 

Concert ticket: £100

Venue fee: £26.10 

Access fee: £14.28 

Paperless transaction fee: £7.23

Convenience fee: £17.24 

Fee fee: £6.23 

Fee Fi Fo Fum fee: £9.23 

Because we can fee: £8.12 

Another pound  won’t hurt fee: £1

Yep, back in the day before all this nonsense started it would be ticket price plus booking fee. £12 ticket and a £1 booking fee for the box office, the promoter saw nothing of the pound and everyone got a paper ticket, that they queues up to get for popular shows.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

There really needs to be a government investigation into those practices. I remember when this all started and the music biz lobbied hard for the government to effectively outlaw ticket touting. This situation was the obvious outcome even then

Yeah totally agree , it’s criminal .

Didnt the government  call one of the owners in to a government review type thing a few years back and he basically laughed at them 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah totally agree , it’s criminal .

Didnt the government  call one of the owners in to a government review type thing a few years back and he basically laughed at them 

Adele and Ed Sheeran have tried things to alleviate it and stop touts cleaning up but to no avail. The industry clearly can’t regulate itself so government intervention is required.

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Zak was the drummer for the Icicle Works too when Sharrock left :D 

I may have shared the odd illicit cigarette with him in that period. 

You're practically a member of The Beatles. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â