Oasis: This is their thread

useless

Seen em 3 times and i won't be adding to that, not gonna be any better now them and me are old t**ts. Good opportunity for the youngsters to get pissed and throw bags of piss at em though. 😅

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So hypothetically, if I repeatedly rocked up in the country and western thread taking the piss out of the lyrics and saying how cloyingly saccharine the whole genre is, you’re ok with that?

Edit - you wouldn’t consider that, somewhat wasting of everyone’s time?

I have zero issue with it. I think potentially its already been done. Keep in mind ai have liked this genre for over 40 years. Its not cool at all regardless of its current popularity. People taking the piss out of it is something that does not bother me. It happens. It happens in multiple threads, I find it funny on the whole. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I have zero issue with it. I think potentially its already been done. Keep in mind ai have liked this genre for over 40 years. Its not cool at all regardless of its current popularity. People taking the piss out of it is something that does not bother me. It happens. It happens in multiple threads, I find it funny on the whole. 

I would find it quite redundant.

Like if I was in the wrestling thread as a fan and someone who didn’t like it kept turning up talking about how it’s all fake and oooh look big men in pants grappling each other.

I think people should just be allowed to have their thing in relative peace.

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So hypothetically, if I repeatedly rocked up in the country and western thread taking the piss out of the lyrics and saying how cloyingly saccharine the whole genre is, you’re ok with that?

Edit - you wouldn’t consider that, somewhat wasting of everyone’s time?

You’ve seen the title of the country music topic ? :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I would find it quite redundant.

Like if I was in the wrestling thread as a fan and someone who didn’t like it kept turning up talking about how it’s all fake and oooh look big men in pants grappling each other.

I think people should just be allowed to have their thing in relative peace.

But the thread didn’t start as this is an oasis love in thread, with people crashing it. It was more ambiguous from the first couple of posts.

Every thread needs a little spice. Imagine the religion thread without the aggressive atheists.

• Like 1

I saw them at Wembley in 2000/1. They were mostly shite then, especially the 2nd night. I missed the glory days of mid 90s.

I saw GNR in 92 at Wembley and that was bonkers, especially when Brian May came on and did Tie ya Mother Down and MK bowl in 93 . after that they went shit .. I aint interested in reunions, and I certainly ain't paying £100 for the privilege

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TDR V2 said:

I saw them at Wembley in 2000/1. They were mostly shite then, especially the 2nd night. I missed the glory days of mid 90s.

I saw GNR in 92 at Wembley and that was bonkers, especially when Brian May came on and did Tie ya Mother Down and MK bowl in 93 . after that they went shit .. I aint interested in reunions, and I certainly ain't paying £100 for the privilege

GNFR > Oasis 

Guns were the real deal 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

GNFR > Oasis 

Guns were the real deal 

The 2nd best band I've ever seen live, I'm afraid the best is Maiden

I really don’t get the “your opinion is different, say nothing” or people shouldn’t take the piss… 

Just imagine if on this forum someone posted. “I think Birmingham City are a fine footballing establishment, all their players are wonderful and their fans are possibly some of the most intelligent  outside of Villa Park”

Music fans have always dissed the acts they don’t like for whatever reason, it’s just another form of tribalism. We can have some pretty intelligent conversations about music but nothings going to stop me calling the lead singer of U2 dog biscuit…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, bickster said:

You’ve seen the title of the country music topic ? :D 

Yeah I have. But I’m assuming it’s not ALL taking the piss out of the lyrics and I would like to think that those who actively don’t like C&W music don’t repeatedly say how much they dislike the  genre.

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

But the thread didn’t start as this is an oasis love in thread, with people crashing it. It was more ambiguous from the first couple of posts.

Every thread needs a little spice. Imagine the religion thread without the aggressive atheists.

I would say religion as a subject is more worthy of constant criticism and debate as it has and does impact lives on a daily basis.

Oasis just make some music that is not for everyone. Even the people who really like them on here readily concede their faults, so I’m not sure it would be quite the love in you fear it would be.

And even if it was, so what? You don’t have to open the thread. You can avoid it quite easily.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I really don’t get the “your opinion is different, say nothing” or people shouldn’t take the piss… 

Just imagine if on this forum someone posted. “I think Birmingham City are a fine footballing establishment, all their players are wonderful and their fans are possibly some of the most intelligent  outside of Villa Park”

Music fans have always dissed the acts they don’t like for whatever reason, it’s just another form of tribalism. We can have some pretty intelligent conversations about music but nothings going to stop me calling the lead singer of U2 dog biscuit…

I’m really saying, do we have to constantly hear how much people don’t like them?

If you don’t like Oasis, is there any real need to say so in this thread more than once?

• Like 2

Just now, stewiek2 said:

It was worth it just to see yer actual Barry Wom sing "Living in Hope."

Keep calm and Barry Wom. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah I have. But I’m assuming it’s not ALL taking the piss out of the lyrics and I would like to think that those who actively don’t like C&W music don’t repeatedly say how much they dislike the  genre.

I would say religion as a subject is more worthy of constant criticism and debate as it has and does impact lives on a daily basis.

Oasis just make some music that is not for everyone. Even the people who really like them on here readily concede their faults, so I’m not sure it would be quite the love in you fear it would be.

And even if it was, so what? You don’t have open the thread. You can avoid it quite easily.

Oasis in the 90s were huge, was different and wanted.. then they became shite. I don't want any reunion as it will be shite. Each to their own I suppose. I remember when NKOTB were huge (missus went to see them on their reunion). I wouldn't touch them with your money

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t mind Iron Maiden . Bit samey but they put on a great show . 

Oh man, I've listened to Maiden since the 80s and I finally got to see them live last year. Was the greatest live experience I've ever had. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

This thread didn’t exactly start in the most reverential manner either based on the first page or two.

*shrugs* 

I can only speak for myself.  I don't think I've posted anything in this thread until today.  When apparently they became The News.

But there's also a difference between your Formula 1 example, as @Seat68says. You don't post in that thread for the same reason I don't. We don't have anything to say about it. Yes, it would be odd if we turned up in a thread that is outside our frame of reference and starting saying how boring it was. But that's not the same as this thread. 

I thought Oasis were fine growing up, I bought two of the first three albums (I think Be Here Now was even the first album I bought with my own money), saw them live (absolutely dreadful, FWIW). And now I think they're pretty plodding musically and the people involved are bell-ends. And now that they are apparently News again, I'm quite happy to comment on it. 

2 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Oasis in the 90s were huge, was different and wanted.. then they became shite. I don't want any reunion as it will be shite. Each to their own I suppose. I remember when NKOTB were huge (missus went to see them on their reunion). I wouldn't touch them with your money

Right, ok.

Not sure why you quoted my post there, but thanks.

Right, ok.

Not sure why you quoted my post there, but thanks.

I was just using your Oasis mention, not personal

I’m really saying, do we have to constantly hear how much people don’t like them?

If you don’t like Oasis, is there any real need to say so in this thread more than once?

Yes.see the problem is if music is art and some people say might consider The B**tales to be I dunno, say, Leonardo Da Vinci, Oasis are a colour by numbers colouring book :D 

Its also not all one way traffic, those people that like colouring by numbers take the piss out of my “Obscure music that no one has heard of” and all the other digs like “there's music threads you know” etc. 

it does actually go both ways.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â