Oasis: This is their thread

useless

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I really feel if Toploader had pushed that bit harder they could have been as big as Oasis

Couldn’t quite shake off the “one hit wonder” tag unfortunately 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Top 5 album, two top ten singles does not a One Hit Wonder make

Absolutely correct. 2 hit wonder (off to google to find out what the second top 10 single was).

• 3 weeks later...

Please, definitely no maybe to reunion. Most overrated English band of the 1990s, by far. Just please go away ... still can't understand why there's such a fuss over Definitely Maybe's sneering, over stylized, 1000% derivative boring songs with boring lyrics. Stone Roses and the La's had said enough on that terrain and were done by 1992.    

The intervening decades have burnished their myth, the distance enabling you to see their career more clearly: it’s easier to say that the first two Oasis albums, and the songs they relegated to B-sides in the same era, are largely fantastic

Oh, **** no.

• Like 1

I’m as big an Oasis fan as anyone and tbh I don’t want a reunion.

1) Obviously it’s gonna tarnish happy memories.

2) Noel being obsessed with money, and having a divorce on the horizon means it’s bound to be ludicrously expensive.

3) Despite the crazy ticket prices it’ll be lad central with 90% of the people off their tits and wanting a scrap.

• Like 1

I think it will be great anyway.  Better than when I saw them around 05 I'm sure of that.  They'll make zillions from it, Noel's missus won't be around and Liam's missus will be so I think they'd be fine co-existing for a tour, maybe even for new music.

Did Suede the other week ,  and seeing  Blur and Pulp in July it only seems fitting that I get an Oasis gig in at some point this year to complete the Britpop "Big 4" as the media lazily called them 

On 28/03/2023 at 21:56, Genie said:

3) Despite the crazy ticket prices it’ll be lad central with 90% of the people off their tits and wanting a scrap.

I'd definitely go to a reunion gig, but i'd stump up for VIP tickets so I don't have to mingle with the sort of fan you are referring to @Genie. I went to the MK Bowl gig and it was full of words removed. The downside of Oasis! 

I think they will reunite. I'm on the fence as to whether it would be great, or a disaster. I'm not interested in new music, I'd just like to see them play the hits again! One thing though, it would be **** massive! Demand would be insane. Something no other band from that era would get close to. 

Yes, they may be derivative in their work, but they caught the mood of a lot of the nation at the time. Especially lads our age - I was 15-18 when Oasis were at their peak in the mid to late 90s. They will always be 'my band'

You still hear them an awful lot on the radio, and it will be 'B' sides or album tracks as well as the bigger hits. If you hear Blur, or Pulp, or Suede, nowadays, it will just be a handful of their more famous songs. Thats the difference I think. They may not have been as artistic/talented/innovative as other bands of the era, but they were leagues ahead in popularity and being ingrained in the subconscious of the nation. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Oasis nerds, this song

First off it popped up on my feed and foolishly I clicked it as it has the same title as a much superior song, I don't like this I just have a few questions.

First of all it starts off like Belly's Feed The Tree, before sounding just like a Ride tune. Is that intentional, is it an Andy Bell song? Whats the background Oasis nerds. 

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oasis nerds, this song

First off it popped up on my feed and foolishly I clicked it as it has the same title as a much superior song, I don't like this I just have a few questions.

First of all it starts off like Belly's Feed The Tree, before sounding just like a Ride tune. Is that intentional, is it an Andy Bell song? Whats the background Oasis nerds. 

It’s a very early Oasis track, well before Andy Bell and Gem arrived. 1991/1992. It’s on the lost tapes album. Some internet people suggest it was written by Bonehead or Bonehead and Liam.

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oasis nerds, this song

Nothing to do with Andy Bell, this is a really early song, around the time that they did Alive, think its from around 1992/93

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s a very early Oasis track, well before Andy Bell and Gem arrived. 1991/1992. It’s on the lost tapes album. Some internet people suggest it was written by Bonehead or Bonehead and Liam.

beat me to it 

48 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Further to what the real Oasis Nerds have said, it's a very early demo and it predates Noel even being in the band and that means it predates The Real People teaching Oasis how to rip off B**tles songs (which happened when Noel was in the band), So it sounds like a generic Indie tune of the era because that is all they knew at the time.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Genie said:

On the Gallagher brothers it’s funny how it’s gone full circle. Initially Noel had a load of success and Liam was in the gutter and Noel wouldn’t talk about him or Oasis at all.

Now Liam has had a good couple of years as a solo artist and out sold Noel. Noel is using Liam and the talk of getting Oasis back together to promote his new album. He’s done the same “Liam needs to make the call if he’s serious” interview about 6 different times this past fortnight. 

It's bound to happen - matter of time now. They'll reunite for a few gigs in 2025 i reckon. 30 years since WTSMG

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â