João Félix

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, macandally said:

So that means absolutely nothing?  Who is Emery pushing? No offer on the table so no decision to be made.

Doesnt sound like our main push to me?

Agreeing terms with the player before the club? 

Guess that happens these days.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agreeing terms with the player before the club? 

Guess that happens these days.

These days I’d say 99% of the time a club won’t even bid unless they know they’ve agreed the outline of a deal with the player.

Listening to ESPN writer and Barca podcaster on All Villa, No Filler has done nothing to allay my fears that Felix is just another mercurial player that turns up when he feels like it, which is exactly the impression I've got when watching him play for Chelsea and Portugal

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Listening to ESPN writer and Barca podcaster on All Villa, No Filler has done nothing to allay my fears that Felix is just another mercurial player that turns up when he feels like it, which is exactly the impression I've got when watching him play for Chelsea and Portugal

ESPN writer needs to warn Unai, pronto!

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Uh ohhh.

We'll just have to trust Unai knows what he's doing. He's clearly pushing this.

Joao is a lucky boy.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

This and the Unai smiling at his phone are going to get so, so much use this year.

That's how you now it's a great ad.

Edited by 479Villan

8 hours ago, macandally said:

So that means absolutely nothing?  Who is Emery pushing? No offer on the table so no decision to be made.

Doesnt sound like our main push to me?

People need a bit of patience. It's still July and this is a tricky deal as Atletico want a direct sale wed rather loan with option. Assume we might agree a direct buy with them if the fee is lowered to account for the added risk. Then player wages is another factor and if we're signing him permanently is it a 5 year deal or 4 with an option? Or is it a Loan with an obligation after certain number of appearances like Zaniolo was, do we have a get out payment or not. 

It's complicated. Then also time is on our side in negotiations not theirs. We've seriously experienced people handling this. Monchi is dealing with people and a club he knows well. Think the key is all parties want to get the deal done, player and clubs. 

7 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Maybe Felix still isn't keen on Villa.

Doesn't seem like he has many other options though.

He can’t be that keen if we’ve been after him this long. He’ll change his tone if he has no other options. That doesn’t particularly bother me provided he can still get motivated. He might change his view towards us once he’s seen the club, Emery and Cadbury World. 

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He can’t be that keen if we’ve been after him this long. He’ll change his tone if he has no other options. That doesn’t particularly bother me provided he can still get motivated. He might change his view towards us once he’s seen the club, Emery and Cadbury World. 

What?

By all accounts Felix is keen but Aston Villa and Athletico can't agree a structure/fee.

I don't see a reason why we would presume/guess alternatively.

It looks like Duran may not go to West Ham. Are we now going to say maybe he's not keen going there? 🤔

• Thanks 1

It seems that ‘putting in a bid’ in this case translates to submitting the paperwork to confirm a deal structure both sides are already agreed meets their requirements. The negotiations happen before an official bid, not afterwards.

Imagine doing a £50M deal in any circumstances other than football, the preparation, due diligence, legal, etc. would be incredibly detailed. I think sometimes we become desensitised to how big the sums of money involved actually are. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Sure none of us have the slightest clue about his opinion on the club. 

Is there any other evidence for this outside of Unai saying he liked him when directly asked over a year ago? Specifically when we probs would have been looking at him for a loan (if at all).

and outside of Fabrizio’s cryptically vague tweets?

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Is there any other evidence for this outside of Unai saying he liked him when directly asked over a year ago? Specifically when we probs would have been looking at him for a loan (if at all).

and outside of Fabrizio’s cryptically vague tweets?

Guardian, Athletic, Telegraph and Express & Star.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Guardian, Athletic, Telegraph and Express & Star.

Okay.. but apart from that?? 

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â