João Félix

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The Durán stuff feels very faffy to me at the minute. They’d have known for a while they’d have wanted him gone. If that is holding us up with regards to Felix or whoever else, then it’s a bit silly. 

The only silly ones are us trying to make out like we have a clue about anything or this sort of stuff…

Unai and Monchi have been down this road so many times in their careers… they know what they’re doing and how to do it. They will do what’s best for the club or at least exhaust their efforts. Why take  lower offer if there is a realistic chance to get more? We aren’t privy to anything at all.

We are clueless buffoons.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

The only silly ones are us trying to make out like we have a clue about anything or this sort of stuff…

Unai and Monchi have been down this road so many times in their careers… they know what they’re doing and how to do it.

We are clueless buffoons.

Correct. Although based on the FFP thread, it seems like we are poor and probably shouldn’t be forking out on Felix! 

17 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Makes you wonder why we rejected a decent offer for him then 😂

If getting Felix is dependent on Duran sale just hope West Ham come back with the offer we want or we’re a bit stuck. 

As we’ve seen mentioned or discussed… the problems may be the structure of the deal. If we only get 5-10m upfront and the rest is in instalments or conditional… that’s less advantageous.

For as much value as we are trying to extract, they will be trying to get him for as low a cost as possible on their end. It’s a battle, it’s a negotiation. These things aren’t easy or straightforward.

We have to protect ourselves and extract the maximum amount possible and consider the potential value. Not rush into a deal that leaves us short…

I don’t know the details or workings on these deals and how the finances work… but what if we only get a relatively small fee in for the first few months, him and his agent start acting up and pushing for a move elsewhere… someone comes in for him in Jan… or whatever? All sorts of scenarios we can imagine and speculate on.

We don’t need to, Monchi and co will have already had this all worked out and pre planned to a degree. They are no mugs.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Meanwhile, the shitposting on X just never fails to spread ...

That airport couldn’t be more international!  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The comparatively low Transfermarkt market value sort of freaks me out. Please explain why my fears are meaningless.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 3.39.45 PM.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The comparatively low Transfermarkt market value sort of freaks me out.

It's been falling non stop since his transfer to Atletico. Buying him is like trying to catch a falling knife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Meanwhile, the shitposting on X just never fails to spread ...

nope. thats Barcelona airport, a reverse image search in google brings up this image from this article from 1st September

https://tribuna.com/en/news/fcbarcelona-2023-09-01-spotted-joao-felix-lands-in-barcelona-amid-reports-of-forthcoming-transfer/

Spotted: Joao Felix lands in Barcelona amid reports of forthcoming transfer

More on Tribuna.com:
https://tribuna.com/en/news/fcbarcelona-2023-09-01-spotted-joao-felix-lands-in-barcelona-amid-reports-of-forthcoming-transfer/?utm_source=copy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Correct. Although based on the FFP thread, it seems like we are poor and probably shouldn’t be forking out on Felix! 

Sorry… but that just sounds like more rubbish. Do we think we know more about our situation or standing with FFP/PSR than anyone at the club? After selling Dougie, the common message is that we’re in the clear now anyway. And we are improving  off the pitch too.

We are not poor at all and carry zero debt, unlike other clubs. The only thing that has restricted us are the rules (see Nassef’s comments not so long ago).

We know what we’re doing, have just completed a profitable deal (Diaby) with at least another on the way. 

We are fine. We have the best ownership and regime, as well as the best manager… probably ever in our time supporting this club.

Let’s demonstrate a little trust, faith and belief. They are on it. We should just try to enjoy it and stop being stupid negative nancies.

When was the last time we had it so good as fans?

Edited by Jas10
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The comparatively low Transfermarkt market value sort of freaks me out. Please explain why my fears are meaningless.

It’s the worst site for transfer values… they’re laughably bad or inaccurate. Over the years, we’ve seen how badly/low our players values have been recorded on there.

They don’t have a clue and have apparently admitted so. It’s not a reasonable or accurate source for that kind of info.

Better for looking at player appearances, goals and assists over the seasons.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

BuT ThERes No geNuINE InTeReST

(Shit…shit… pleeeeeeaaasssseeee… I don’t want this to happen! 🙏🙏🙏 😰)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Seriously? Transfermarkt valuations have always been a joke

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

As we’ve seen mentioned or discussed… the problems may be the structure of the deal. If we only get 5-10m upfront and the rest is in instalments or conditional… that’s less advantageous.

For as much value as we are trying to extract, they will be trying to get him for as low a cost as possible on their end. It’s a battle, it’s a negotiation. These things aren’t easy or straightforward.

We have to protect ourselves and extract the maximum amount possible and consider the potential value. Not rush into a deal that leaves us short…

I don’t know the details or workings on these deals and how the finances work… but what if we only get a relatively small fee in for the first few months, him and his agent start acting up and pushing for a move elsewhere… someone comes in for him in Jan… or whatever? All sorts of scenarios we can imagine and speculate on.

We don’t need to, Monchi and co will have already had this all worked out and pre planned to a degree. They are no mugs.

I’m not sure the structure will matter because we can book the complete transfer up front I believe. But maybe we need minimum £40m to fund Felix so £32m isn’t enough…..

I understand it’s not easy and I need to try to be patient, but I just really want this done quickly so we can relax and focus our attention on getting players out and hopefully bringing in 1-2 more (a defender, maybe another striker if we get a decent price for Archer).

Anyway sounded positive from Fab so fingers crossed this picks up speed early next week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I’m not sure the structure will matter because we can book the complete transfer up front I believe. But maybe we need minimum £40m to fund Felix so £32m isn’t enough…..

I understand it’s not easy and I need to try to be patient, but I just really want this done quickly so we can relax and focus our attention on getting players out and hopefully bringing in 1-2 more (a defender, maybe another striker if we get a decent price for Archer).

Anyway sounded positive from Fab so fingers crossed this picks up speed early next week.

No worries mate, I can understand the eagerness. But we don’t need to fret, Unai and Monchi will get things done and to their pleasing, I’m quite sure of it. Whether or not we sign Felix, we will be in a good place and there are alternatives out there. Plenty of time left in the window too but I do get the impression we want to get as much done as early as possible and integrate new signings asap.

We’ve got to enjoy this era rather than over analyse or fret… its taken a long time to get to this kind of level and we’ve endured a lot of crap for a long time… thankfully, that is all over now.

3 hours ago, Herman22 said:

So that means absolutely nothing?  Who is Emery pushing? No offer on the table so no decision to be made.

Doesnt sound like our main push to me?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â