João Félix

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I haven't been following the actual story, do we just want him on a year's loan or is this an outright sale from them?

Actual story: Emery said 18 months ago he had wanted to sign him in Jan 2023 but he turned us down. Everything since then is just media speculation as far as I can tell, but we try not to say that around @Jas10 because he’s already had 25 shirts printed ;)

• Haha 1

So like £55m + £12.5m add ons. If true and I’m assuming that’s euros, coming from a Spanish source too.

Very similar to the Diaby sale.

Assumed it’d be 30-40 up front… but so long as Unai and Monchi are happy.

Doubt it’s a legit source though 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I haven't been following the actual story, do we just want him on a year's loan or is this an outright sale from them?

Atletico sold Morata, Griezmann looked past it in the Euros and MLS link so their squad is short of forwards. Seems they want Dovbyk from Girona but he's stalling and West Ham been linked.

I'm actually surprised Duran hasn't popped up as a link as you'd think some sort of swop with him and Felix would suit both parties if it met FFP requirements.

Atletico want to sell him and he wants to leave. Not sure a loan deal wouid be acceptable. Find out more next week I guess 

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Playing devil's advocate and assuming it's true... Who is Unai pushing then if there's still no formal proposal.

Pushing to convince Joao to join or the Club to stump up the €?

Pushing Monchi to get it done maybe?

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Sounds like we are faffing about at the minute with this and the Durán stuff. 

Professionals don’t faff…

only morons like a few we’ve had in the past.

13 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

It was mentioned by Matt Maher that the Durán sale was crucial in terms of our Joao Felix pursuit. Perhaps there is truth in that and we need to shift Durán first?

Makes you wonder why we rejected a decent offer for him then 😂

If getting Felix is dependent on Duran sale just hope West Ham come back with the offer we want or we’re a bit stuck. 

Just now, Jas10 said:

Professionals don’t faff…

only morons like a few we’ve had in the past.

The Durán stuff feels very faffy to me at the minute. They’d have known for a while they’d have wanted him gone. If that is holding us up with regards to Felix or whoever else, then it’s a bit silly. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Playing devil's advocate and assuming it's true... Who is Unai pushing then if there's still no formal proposal.

He's pushing VT to get off the fence

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Pushing Monchi to get it done maybe?

Don’t think Unai is pushing anyone, he’s focussed on other things like coaching and managing the team now.

The whole recruitment strategy would have been discussed and drawn up a long time ago.

This is Monchi’s department. He knows who Unai wants, and his most favoured options, and he knows the state of our finances and what is reasonable/sensible or within our means.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy said:

Makes you wonder why we rejected a decent offer for him then 😂

If getting Felix is dependent on Duran sale just hope West Ham come back with the offer we want or we’re a bit stuck. 

We don’t know that… sometimes some of these journos try and put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

We’ve got to be patient and trust in those at the club… who really gives a shit about “itks” and journos when we have a top class operation running at the club?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â