João Félix

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

That really is pretty telling isn’t it?

All this ‘but Unai wants him’ is getting a little boring now!

I am forwaked, with this and the Duran deal.....but I guess that's the negotiating waiting game.

Who blinks first.

Surely the Salary can be structured in a way, to say, you perform....and there will soon be an improved one to supercede it.

Surely that has to be acceptable from a supremely, confident player.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Buying Felix for less than we're selling Duran for is next level Monchi

According to the Spanish press, Atletico owe €45m on the repayments so won’t accept anything under that. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You buzzing for Felix then, Zat?

He be a good backup for Buendia in them Carabao Cup games 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t believe we are actually here and in with a chance of signing a player like this… wow.

Huge step, don’t think we’ve really been here before.

That's how I feel too. I understand some level of skeptisism, but I tend to be optimistic for the most part about most of our signings and assume they will work out. Felix is a massive name and still only 24. If he works out well for us it could really raise our profile as a club. Big clubs buy stars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think the structure of the deal is more of an issue or debate… how much is paid up front, what the instalments are, the clause and conditions and so on… whether there’s an initial loan or not and option/obligation to buy. Loads to go over.

Monchi has it covered 💪

I get all that but why wouid we be trying to get a loan deal with an option to buy when we paid that much for Onana. I don't think it's something Atletico would accept as they want him gone and he wants to leave too. I'm sure Monchi is just playing hardball and trying to get the best deal possible for the club.

It's a similar situation to Duran in that he could hsve accepted the west ham offer but  he wants to get more. 

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How does that even work?

It’s just a fancy/silly way of saying that they get half of any future transfer fee.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I get all that but why wouid we be trying to get a loan deal with an option to buy when we paid that much for Onana. I don't think it's something Atletico would accept as they want him gone and he wants to leave too. I'm sure Monchi is just playing hardball and trying to get the best deal possible for the club.

It's a similar situation to Duran in that he could hsve accepted the west ham offer but  he wants to get more. 

One of the earlier reports stated that we didn’t have capacity on our wage budget atm (at least until we shift a few players, Diaby and Duran going will help along with a few others) so we wanted an initial loan and share of the wage and then to make the move permanent the following season. We are stacked in terms of squad spaces/numbers too… need to get that sorted asap.

Difficult to know what to believe really… can be hard to recognise which sources and reports are made up and which are genuinely legit. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â