João Félix

Delphinho123

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, for all the talk.

I actually don't think we would be pursuing him at all if we didn't think we could get him.

With all the talk of " tapping up " etc it would be naive of us to think camps and staff don't have conversations with agents, reps and even players themselves behind closed doors about deals and a player's willingness to come.

For all we know, Felix may be fine to come here but the complexities of finances are what are difficult.

Don't think it's quite the scenario where DeJong repeatedly said he didn't want to go to United and they kept chasing him 😂

Funny to see a club twerking for a player, rather than the other way around (Duran? 👀)

And utterly failing too 😂

Edited by Jas10

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Problem is that Dortmund get CL every year. This is our first time, has been many clubs get once or twice and disappear

While we know the owners ambition players from abroad will be wary

We can allay their fears:

spacer.png

Don’t get to work with such a maestro all that often in a career…

You know… for the ppl that wanted or were excited about Coutinho, and still hold some appreciation of him…

You may actually get what you hoped for here… Unai can get this guy going and reaching at least a comparable level to the expectation of what Phil could’ve been for us… he could never achieve (body couldn’t meet or cope with the demands) that and especially not under his mate Stevie. 

But Unai and this guy can.

Hmmm… maybe this is why @Delphinho123 is on board 😂

He can be your guy.

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Firstly, I want us to sign him but have some reservations given how his career has panned out and the likely cost. 

Secondly, having played at Chelsea and seen us displace them from the top 7 in 22-23 he will have known we were on an upwards trajectory with a world class manager. But didn't take that opportunity.

Hence, the only negative I have is that he was reluctant to get on board with us last time.

Sorry but I think 99.9% of players would choose Barcelona over Villa.  I don't see that as a negative.  It's more a question of whether he'll be inspired by the project when / if he arrives.  There's little to suggest that he wouldn't be.

18 hours ago, Spoony said:

I feel it deep in my soul that if we sign Felix that is exactly how it will go. Felt it with Ings, felt it with Coutinho. 

as they say, once bitten, twice shy.

Attitude and Character, is so important to get right, and not be just blinded , by talent......as seductive as talent is.

IMO the prime reason, we are facing, an impasse on the transfer Fee, is that realisation, that they have grossly, over paid Benfica for him.

That, needs to be seperated, from the equation, and a realistic price put on his head, for an uncertain return on a talented player.

There is not a queue of takers....and its uncertain if the player, actually wants to come to us.......so Villa are right to play hardball.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, david-avfc said:

We signed Duran for ~£15m and are selling him for ~£35m after he’s scored some important goals but with limited game time… I would say it’s been a successful signing whether Emery was 100% involved or not

Durans goal scoring technique, is up there with the best.....and he could end up being, a tremendous player, with game time and some maturity.

...but Unai has a camp to run, and disruptive , cantankerous forces are not conducive to team spirit....The tail can't wag the dog.

This is another classic case, of talent not being the be and end all....if it was, it would be easy.

I recall players like Sasa Curcic and Stephen Ireland, just to name 2 ....Nobby Solano, was another super talent, with a moody overtone......You don't win trophies, with these type of enigma's.

Back to Joao....This debate is not just confined to him, we have seen similar situations, in the past, with perhaps some less high profile examples.

There is of course, a case to be had, of taking a gamble, and that gamble has to be reflective in the price.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Coverage today claims three things:

1) Atletico owe Benfica €45m still on the transfer so won’t accept anything lower 

2) Unai offered a loan but it was rejected; Benfica offered a transfer but only 50% rights 

3) The club wants to sell still 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

as they say, once bitten, twice shy.

Attitude and Character, is so important to get right, and not be just blinded , by talent......as seductive as talent is.

IMO the prime reason, we are facing, an impasse on the transfer Fee, is that realisation, that they have grossly, over paid Benfica for him.

That, needs to be seperated, from the equation, and a realistic price put on his head, for an uncertain return on a talented player.

There is not a queue of takers....and it’s uncertain if the player, actually wants to come to us.......so Villa are right to play hardball.

That really is pretty telling isn’t it?

All this ‘but Unai wants him’ is getting a little boring now!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â