João Félix

Delphinho123

It could be if Felix signs Villa would be getting a player motivated to prove a lot of people wrong including his present manager and club. By doing that he could eventually get his dream move to Barca and at the same time making Villa a decent profit long term?

If I was in the above situation I’d also be loving an arm around manager who really wanted me.

Really it’s a win win for Felix!

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You want my thoughts?

spacer.png

I think we’ve covered it mate (see my reply to @John a little earlier).

There are wonderful alternatives but different factors to take into account.

This is the player Unai wants… that’s all that matters for me. My opinion or anyone else’s just doesn’t matter. And it’s probably the most doable deal too.

I want Unai to be happy and to achieve his goals, he has a vision… let’s see that come to fruition!

Also, I just did some googles, and various sources confirm that Felix is now on 115,000 Euros.

Yet I keep seeing people repeatedly mention " outlandish wages " , not just here, but on Villa socials.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also, I just did some googles, and various sources confirm that Felix is now on 115,000 Euros.

Yet I keep seeing people repeatedly mention " outlandish wages " , not just here, but on Villa socials.

THANK YOU!!

God I am so sick of repeating this and providing evidence 😂😂😂

Dunno what he and his agent’s demands would be to move to us but… now it’s more realistic than ever. Again, that’s apparently already been agreed upon anyway.

Imagine how much an Olmo or an Alvarez would want…

• Like 1

I think Atletico owe Felix back wages? It might be a reason they want a sale + fee so they can settle with him and have him moved on with no booked loss on his remaining book value.

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Alex Ferguson really wanted Veron. Just because a great manager wants a certain player it doesnt mean would work out

Ferguson then played him out of position the clearing in the woods.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, macandally said:

I am not sure how my post has been construed as trying to tell anyone to “shut it” or to any extent I am somehow offended.  For clarity, neither is the case.

I get people are really excited by this, I also get some have worries.  Having those worries does not mean people are “being negative” or “not trusting Emery”, so my push back is labelling just because I have a degree of caution.

People are entitled to post what they want, it’s tinterweb!

Yes mate, sorry I agree with both of you... My first line should have said I haven't followed the conversation, pretty decent error by me...

I agree that we should all be allowed to post whatever we like (within the rules we have agreed to of course)

Especially in the thread that is speculating the signing of Joao Felix 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

At(h)leti need money to buy Alvarez, Barcelona need money to buy Williams. 

Monchi trying to get Felix on a loan to buy deal, so we can spend the money buying Williams before Barca have a pot to piss in. 

Barca still need to sell us Kounde so they can buy Olmo, and we finish our business with a net spend  of £100m.

Then everyone clapped.

• Haha 2

It’s a fools errand judging him during a crazy time at a crazy club.

The only thing that matters is that Emery has been trying to sign him since the moment he joined us. He clearly thinks that he’s perfect for his tactics so that is plenty good enough for me. 

• Thanks 1

If we take our "Villa fans" hat off for a minute and look honestly at Villa from an outsider's prospective, this is the first time AVFC has become a potential and may be even desirable destination for a player whose quality hovers around 'tier one' status.

There is a lot to consider for Joao Felix because I'm sure he has always seen his future as a key player for a top club probably located in a glamorous city. For whatever reason that no longer seems to be likely, so his thought process at the moment will demonstrate whether he is prepared to make a purely football driven decision, or is still trying to hang onto the hope of big names and lifestyle. 

A fully committed Felix would be an exciting addition to NSWE'S, Unai's and Monchi's 'project', so I'll watch patiently with interest.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

The most important question to me is how good was he the last time he was in the PL with Chelsea? Frankly I don't remember him.

He was sent off on his debut - you might remember that -  but other than that was generally pretty good for them.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

He was sent off on his debut - you might remember that -  but other than that was generally pretty good for them.

Well and even that debut, to be fair, he looked absolutely class before he was sent off. And it would be good for us that he had that little run at getting used to the pace of the PL (which is what caught him out that first game)

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

That's the main negative of him as far as I am concerned. He has turned us down before by all accounts.

If he cannot see what we offer then I am not sure he will be the right fit.

I hope I am wrong on all counts.

He turned down initial interest from us last season to go to Barcelona.  I mean its not like he turned us down to go to some bit-part club whose only attraction was a large wedge of dosh.  I'd hardly say that turning us down to go to one of the 5 biggest clubs in the world is negative or any kind of indication as to whether he would be a good fit here or not.

Since then our "offer" has improved considerably in that we now offer CL football, we were one of the most talked about clubs in the PL and we've shown that we can "walk the walk" with our performances and signings since last summer.  Our interest has also moved on a lot further from an initial speculative "might you be interested?".

So everything has changed.  Of course he might still think that there are better options circling.  However, it seems like the main issue at the moment is between us and Athletes & Co (Madrid branch) in terms of agreeing a deal - rather than Felix stalling over a deal.  I've not seen anything to suggest that he isn't keen - but also not much to say that he is keen.  In some ways I quite like that (see how much stick Duran is getting for saying he wants to make a deal).

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

At(h)leti need money to buy Alvarez, Barcelona need money to buy Williams. 

Monchi trying to get Felix on a loan to buy deal, so we can spend the money buying Williams before Barca have a pot to piss in. 

Barca still need to sell us Kounde so they can buy Olmo, and we finish our business with a net spend  of £100m.

Then everyone clapped.

spacer.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

The most important question to me is how good was he the last time he was in the PL with Chelsea? Frankly I don't remember him.

He got 4 goals in 16 games for the awful Chelsea team managed by Potter and then Lampard (who lost most of his games). I don't think you can draw many conclusions from a loan like that. 

12 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

Showed flashes of brilliance (for what it’s worth, Neville said they were kind of mental not to sign him) but played for a mess of a club with an underperforming/struggling Potter and then the genius of Fat Frank.

10 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s a fools errand judging him during a crazy time at a crazy club.

The only thing that matters is that Emery has been trying to sign him since the moment he joined us. He clearly thinks that he’s perfect for his tactics so that is plenty good enough for me. 

spacer.png

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â