João Félix

Delphinho123

We don't need to get doubts because a player once chose another club over us – especially not clubs competing in the Champions League (one of them one of the most famous clubs in the world) while we were picking up the pieces of the Gerrard mess. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Hasnt been a good summer window for me especially as a big Monchi fam since before he joined

Not the type of deals he is fampus for

What would you have preferred to see happen this summer?

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Option B (I’m sure we have multiple lists of targets for different positions, our recruitment and scouting departments are top class) is fine by me, especially if it includes players like Olmo and Alvarez but…

A) Much more expensive.

B: More interest and competition, harder to attract.

And, most of all:

C) This is the player Unai has always wanted, since he joined us really (we tried in that Jan window when Chelsea got him), the player he admires and wants to work with. Maybe most of all 👀 

We can’t have entered into negotiations without an interest and possibility being there.

I think the main problem with Felix has always been the finances and huge part/influence of/on that are the crazy amounts Atletico invested on him in the first place. Now, a deal is more doable and affordable than ever though…

Agreed, but I think we might have a potential target that is priced at a similar figure or less. I also don't think he has quite given up on Barcelona yet and they have managed to sign players before, when they don't look able to do so. 

35 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You don't want Emery to get a player he wants?

Alex Ferguson really wanted Veron. Just because a great manager wants a certain player it doesnt mean would work out

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

What would you have preferred to see happen this summer?

Buy a ball playing top 6 quality midfielder to replace Dougie and maybe a right and or centre back

7 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed, but I think we might have a potential target that is priced at a similar figure or less. I also don't think he has quite given up on Barcelona yet and they have managed to sign players before, when they don't look able to do so. 

Could be the case, we shall see.

But no, I don’t think Barca have a chance unless they utterly fail to get their prime targets in. He’s nowhere near a priority for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hasnt been a good summer window for me especially as a big Monchi fam since before he joined

Not the type of deals he is fampus for

I thought he was famous for wheeling and dealing, he’s done that, with very little net spend and lowered the squad age. 
who would you have liked him to get 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have followed the conversation but I do agree that this is a public internet forum and within the rules we agree to you're allowed to post whatever your opinion is...

I am not sure how my post has been construed as trying to tell anyone to “shut it” or to any extent I am somehow offended.  For clarity, neither is the case.

I get people are really excited by this, I also get some have worries.  Having those worries does not mean people are “being negative” or “not trusting Emery”, so my push back is labelling just because I have a degree of caution.

People are entitled to post what they want, it’s tinterweb!

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Anyway, we’ve been led to believe that personal terms with the player have already been agreed.

It’s just about thrashing out a deal between the two clubs now… and I don’t think negotiations would have even started if this transfer wasn’t a real possibility.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

we’ve been led to believe that personal terms with the player have already been agreed.

Have we? I've not seen anything suggesting we've agreed terms with him. That would be a big development because it would also mean he's happy to come here; something else I've yet to see from a reliable source.

• Like 3

Just now, BOF said:

Have we? I've not seen anything suggesting we've agreed terms with him. That would be a big development because it would also mean he's happy to come here; something else I've yet to see from a reliable source.

• Like 1

Saw one podcaster suggest that, if we are going to spend this much money on Felix... we should at least try, even though we might fail, for OLMO if it's proving difficult, as it's obvious Unai wants this type of player ( Wizard unlocker ) and he would be perfect etc.

Noted that both would be VERY expensive but Olmo less of a risk.

Thoughts @Jas10

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw one podcaster suggest that, if we are going to spend this much money on Felix... we should at least try, even though we might fail, for OLMO if it's proving difficulr, as it's obvious Unai wants this type of player ( Wizard unlocker ) and he would be perfect etc.

Thoughts @Jas10

Sam Tighe suggested Olmo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw one podcaster suggest that, if we are going to spend this much money on Felix... we should at least try, even though we might fail, for OLMO if it's proving difficulr, as it's obvious Unai wants this type of player ( Wizard unlocker ) and he would be perfect etc.

Thoughts @Jas10

You want my thoughts?

spacer.png

I think we’ve covered it mate (see my reply to @John a little earlier).

There are wonderful alternatives but different factors to take into account.

This is the player Unai wants… that’s all that matters for me. My opinion or anyone else’s just doesn’t matter. And it’s probably the most doable deal too.

I want Unai to be happy and to achieve his goals, he has a vision… let’s see that come to fruition!

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â