João Félix

Delphinho123

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

lets hope the lure of home is too much to turn down

You don't want Emery to get a player he wants?

I get the feeling that we still (despite CL qualification) remain pretty far down the list of clubs that he would prefer to join and that he's just stringing us along until he gets a better offer (preferably from Barcelona). I hope I'm wrong, as it seems that he is UE's choice, but the longer this goes on, the more I think that we will at some point end up looking at option B (assuming that option is still available). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John said:

I get the feeling that we still (despite CL qualification) remain pretty far down the list of clubs that he would prefer to join and that he's just stringing us along until he gets a better offer (preferably from Barcelona). I hope I'm wrong, as it seems that he is UE's choice, but the longer this goes on, the more I think that we will at some point end up looking at option B (assuming that option is still available). 

He’s not going to Barça, they’re riddled with debt as it is, but their first choices are Nico Williams and Dani Olmo, they don’t have the additional finances or loopholes to exploit to make a move for Felix, even if they liked him.

7 minutes ago, John said:

That's the main negative of him as far as I am concerned. He has turned us down before by all accounts.

If he cannot see what we offer then I am not sure he will be the right fit.

I hope I am wrong on all counts.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

That was some quick training 

Nobody wants to be training outside in Madrid post midday believe me. You wouldn't want to train outside in the morning either. Scorchio. 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Nobody wants to be training outside in Madrid post midday believe me. You wouldn't want to train outside in the morning either. Scorchio. 

Scorchio Inglesias!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, John said:

Option B (I’m sure we have multiple lists of targets for different positions, our recruitment and scouting departments are top class) is fine by me, especially if it includes players like Olmo and Alvarez but…

A) Much more expensive.

B: More interest and competition, harder to attract.

And, most of all:

C) This is the player Unai has always wanted, since he joined us really (we tried in that Jan window when Chelsea got him), the player he admires and wants to work with. Maybe most of all 👀 

We can’t have entered into negotiations without an interest and possibility being there.

I think the main problem with Felix has always been the finances and huge part/influence of/on that are the crazy amounts Atletico invested on him in the first place. Now, a deal is more doable and affordable than ever though…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

That's the main negative of him as far as I am concerned. He has turned us down before by all accounts.

It’s all contract wrangling. We wouldn’t be progressing this far if the player himself wasn’t keen on the move. It’s a contract stand off between the clubs that’s holding this up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We have much more and different to offer this time around… he and his agent would do well to analyse our progress and achievement too. As well as our trajectory.  The “Unai project” is working, astoundingly so… was more difficult to assess back then perhaps.

A lot has changed too and the kid is running out of options. 

Again, I don’t think negotiations would have begun unless there was interest and a possibility there.

We’ve already seen that personal terms have, apparently, already been agreed with the player. @PaulMcGrath_5 posted a video on that yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

As he was probably right to do. We've been an absolute shambles for most young people's lives. (I'm 40 and we've been a shambles for most of my life!)

So if he needed to see progress on last season's progress, it's entirely understandable. Last season we offered UECL football and Emery's first proper season. It's different this time.

Context, as always, key.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

You seem to have a negative impression on most we are linked to

Hasnt been a good summer window for me especially as a big Monchi fam since before he joined

Not the type of deals he is fampus for

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â