João Félix

Delphinho123

30 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I never understand why managers do this and why clubs allow it. Felix was a massive  financial outlay and is potentially going to bring in 30-40m if transferred out this summer. Why make him train alone? Unless you think he’s someone who will undermine the trainers or mess up the sessions why not keep him in the first team? 

This looks especially bad if the player ends up staying and you have to reintroduce him anyway. 

It also gives an advantage to the buying club as it’s clear the player isn’t wanted by the club so you must get rid of him. 

Anyway, hopefully he’ll be modelling the Villa No 9 shirt soon. 

For better or worse, it’s basically trying to force him out.

Doesn’t always work though, memories of our infamous bomb squad (what a disaster that was) 😬

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Let's get #FreeJoao trending.

I remember the cringy Leeds free Ben White protest. Rather we did nothing like them ever

31 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This isn’t a particularly complicated deal. Just requires patience to not blink first and to wait until the end of the window and the price will start to drop - a lot. 

Its complicated with Uncle Jorge in the background, we might owe him one in the future for getting this over the line

36 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I never understand why managers do this and why clubs allow it. Felix was a massive  financial outlay and is potentially going to bring in 30-40m if transferred out this summer. Why make him train alone? Unless you think he’s someone who will undermine the trainers or mess up the sessions why not keep him in the first team? 

This looks especially bad if the player ends up staying and you have to reintroduce him anyway. 

It also gives an advantage to the buying club as it’s clear the player isn’t wanted by the club so you must get rid of him. 

Anyway, hopefully he’ll be modelling the Villa No 9 shirt soon. 

Managers do it to keep the other players in line.

34 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This isn’t a particularly complicated deal. Just requires patience to not blink first and to wait until the end of the window and the price will start to drop - a lot. 

Similar sort of process in the Diaby and potential Duran sale…

Monchi is no mug.

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have followed the conversation but I do agree that this is a public internet forum and within the rules we agree to you're allowed to post whatever your opinion is...

Emotions often get the better of us and text can be misinterpreted and offence is often taken easily/wrongly…

Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Looks like its us vs Benfica then

They’re selling Joao Neves to PSG for a humongous fee/deal… might complicate things.

It’s on the player, might see a move to Benfica as a step backwards in his career and at such a young age. Does he fancy another go at the PL and CL alongside that and the opportunity to work with an elite manager rather than someone like Fat Frank and the Chelsea basket case?

We shall see…

55 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Loan fee of £15m?? That would be one of the highest loan fees in world football ever and amortised equivalent of £75m purchase fee on 5 year contract.

That would be absolutely terrible value deal. I'm glad you're not in charge of our transfer dealings 😜

I was more thinking from the angle of a deal that works for both parties, not simply slanted in our favour. Atletico clearly don’t just want to loan him out, and we’re clearly apprehensive about simply buying him outright.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â