João Félix

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

More likely than not that we figure this out and get a deal over the line… but Felix won’t be the last signing we’re trying to make and Monchi will want to make our funds stretch as far as possible. 

Yeah, it has to be a sensible deal for both parties I get that but Atletico will have to come to the table sooner rather than later. I'd rather this didn't drag on until mid to late August. 

I think once Felix or an equivalent attacking talent is in we're in a very good position. Ideally we'd replace Duran/Archer with another high potential young striker but the key for me is getting in a defender and potentially moving out Carlos and some of the deadwood. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I never understand why managers do this and why clubs allow it. Felix was a massive  financial outlay and is potentially going to bring in 30-40m if transferred out this summer. Why make him train alone? Unless you think he’s someone who will undermine the trainers or mess up the sessions why not keep him in the first team? 

This looks especially bad if the player ends up staying and you have to reintroduce him anyway. 

It also gives an advantage to the buying club as it’s clear the player isn’t wanted by the club so you must get rid of him. 

Anyway, hopefully he’ll be modelling the Villa No 9 shirt soon. 

• Like 2

This isn’t a particularly complicated deal. Just requires patience to not blink first and to wait until the end of the window and the price will start to drop - a lot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I never understand why managers do this and why clubs allow it. Felix was a massive  financial outlay and is potentially going to bring in 30-40m if transferred out this summer. Why make him train alone? Unless you think he’s someone who will undermine the trainers or mess up the sessions why not keep him in the first team? 

This looks especially bad if the player ends up staying and you have to reintroduce him anyway. 

It also gives an advantage to the buying club as it’s clear the player isn’t wanted by the club so you must get rid of him. 

Rumours Watkins swapped his 11 shirt for the 9 shirt. So Felix will take 11. Just rumours tho.

Just now, Herman22 said:

To keep his fitness up and being informed of the plans and tactics, but without risk of injury 

he’s just doing the training alone, he’s not isolated from the other players entirely 

it’s all to keep him up to speed, if the deal falls through and not messing the deal up by being injured 

grey zone training 

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Move IMMINENT 🥳

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Rumours Watkins swapped his 11 shirt for the 9 shirt. So Felix will take 11. Just rumours tho.

Complete rumour. The account who posted it heard it from a mate. It’s just stuff for clout. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I genuinely feel very torn on this deal - of course there is the positive thinking of the player that he could be under Unai Emery, but then there is also the big financial noose that we are potentially putting around our neck. You wonder whether the compromise is a loan with a decent loan fee (say £15m?) and an obligation to buy provided that certain criteria is met (appearances, goals, CL qualification etc) in a deal adding up to £50m total?

Loan fee of £15m?? That would be one of the highest loan fees in world football ever and amortised equivalent of £75m purchase fee on 5 year contract.

That would be absolutely terrible value deal. I'm glad you're not in charge of our transfer dealings 😜

Edited by Czarnikjak

18 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

This isn’t a particularly complicated deal. Just requires patience to not blink first and to wait until the end of the window and the price will start to drop - a lot. 

I think the Duran saga is showing we're very good at not blinking these days. World Stareout levels - Monchi is Kampagnola!

Edited by Stevo71
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Probably best if we stop going round and round on this, I’m not trying to silence or berate anyone. I’ve already explained that I’m ok with people having a different view or having doubts (although there are different levels to this, I don’t wish to explain or go over that all over again).

Maybe my passion or excitement can get the better of me but it’s an open forum and the prospect is exciting… it’s my only outlet and I’m just here to have fun and a laugh really, part of being a fan. I don’t mean to intentionally offend but it can still happen, all I can do is apologise in that case or if I get carried away. I’m just enjoying where we are at and where we are headed…

I’m not desperate for it either, I’ve already explained that I’m more excited for Unai than I am for myself and will be happy with alternative names/players. But this is what he wants and I’m all for it… 

Good day 😆

I have followed the conversation but I do agree that this is a public internet forum and within the rules we agree to you're allowed to post whatever your opinion is...

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But we do have to be sensible here with the wages. If he comes and is on more than people like ollie, bailey etc but doesnt hit the heights we could cause some unrest in the club

No doubt its a gamble when you see the numbers involved

I trust Monchi to be sensible… that’s why this is taking time.

Seems like almost every deal (especially the significant ones) whether incoming or outgoing have taken a good while and negotiations have been extensive… nice to have a top level operator there rather than the jokers we’ve had in the past that have lumbered us with all kinds of crap.

• Like 1

Athelete ico are in a bad sellers position, desperate to get rid of him but only 1 suiter who is prepared to wait.

This is heaven for monchi 

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of another team interested....leaked from a certain area of Spain.

51 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

The best manager we've had in at least 30 years considers him a 'dream' signing according to Fab. Not just he likes him, but that he really, really likes him. 

I don't think anyone should be questioning this signing given that. If he just liked him as a player maybe, but it's clear he considers he will be a massive boost to our starting 11.

Monchi needs to work his magic and get this done.

I see it the same way… now let’s see who bites your head off for it! 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Athelete ico are in a bad sellers position, desperate to get rid of him but only 1 suiter who is prepared to wait.

This is heaven for monchi 

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of another team interested....leaked from a certain area of Spain.

Uh oh… 👀 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â