João Félix

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Hard to be believe Felix attending training is considered that toxic, that they are willing to push through a deal where they potentially won’t get the €’s they want for him.

Villa where obviously in a good position to test A Madrid, the final fee and salary will be interesting if this happens…

Just now, QldVilla said:

Hard to be believe Felix attending training is considered that toxic, that they are willing to push through a deal where they potentially won’t get the €’s they want for him.

Villa where obviously in a good position to test A Madrid, the final fee and salary will be interesting if this happens…

Simeone is waiting…

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

Slight concern that wouldn’t bode well for an Unai Emery two-hour video session, don’t want the reaction to that that some of Arsenal’s big-time Charlies had… but actually I have only ever heard of this guy training well, right?

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The levels of conjecture and speculation around this guy or what he is like are crazy… based on barely anything at all.

My last post was based on his best league goal + assists return in last 5 seasons which is 13. If it was anyone else not called Felix would you be wary of probably a record fee and big wages player signing with let's be honest mediocre returns?

Edited by Kiwivillan

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Slight concern that wouldn’t bode well for an Unai Emery two-hour video session, don’t want the reaction to that that some of Arsenal’s big-time Charlies had… but actually I have only ever heard of this guy training well, right?

I don’t know enough about him to be honest. But I know who do, Emery and Monchi and that’s good enough for me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just my opinion, but, Coutinho was brought in by a manager that once played with the prime version of PC. That was enough for Gerrard on terms of scouting his ability, fitness, attitude, desire etc. Purslow followed through on the deal not to let his idol down. This happened despite the rest of the football world knowing it was likely PC was on the decline. 

Now, a world class manager that we have, who has a proven track record of improving players with talent, has decided he would like Felix. 

None of this will be completed without complete due dilligenxe. If it happens then I am absolutely buzzing

Tbf though loads on here wanted us to make Coutinho permanent. When we did, I got laughed out of here for saying I think it was a mistake.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

My last post was based on his best league goal + assists return in last 5 seasons which is 13. If it was anyone else not called Felix would you be wary of probably a record fee and big wages player signing with let's be honest mediocre returns?

I was mostly talking about the constant accusations and questions over his personality and attitude…

But I’m aware of the talent he possesses and can show, and I fully endorse and believe in Unai’s decision to go for him.

The “x factor” here is Unai… he loves the player and wants him here and, if he can’t bring the best out of him then no one can imo.

You think any of us here are better placed to judge a player??? Anyone who does needs to give their head a proper wobble!

Doubt King Unai at your peril… many people have…

Thanks for the 6 points Arsenal!!

I’ll be honest I’ve never really been impressed when I’ve seen him play but I haven’t seen him play loads. His stats don’t really blow me away either.

If he was John Felix who moved to Atletico for £10m I don’t think people would be quite this excited. He just has the same aura around him as Coutinho and James Rodriguez. 

• Like 2

If it’s going to happen, I hope that it doesn’t drag on for weeks and weeks. I’m not a massive fan of signings at the tail end of the transfer window. 

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The “x factor” here is Unai… he loves the player and wants him here and, if he can’t bring the best out of him then no one can imo.

You think any of us here are better placed to judge a player??? Anyone who does needs to give their head a proper wobble!

Doubt King Unai at your peril… many people have…

Listen I love Emery more than basically anyone in my life and agree he knows more about football than I ever will, but that doesn’t mean he and Monchi haven’t signed plenty of stinkers in their time. No manager gets it right every time so it’s totally fair enough if people doubt this. I was impressed when he was at Chelsea though so I’m all for it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think his playing style can be compared to Grealish, someone who can dictate play and control the tempo in the game. Grealish probably has a bit better statistics, but I think the comparision is fair. You don't buy Felix to get a 20+ goal a season player, he is more of a play maker who also scores goals.

Wht I don't know about him and is a question mark for me is his charachter and attitude, I think he looks a bit arrogant and his break up with Atletico gives a sour taste, but there I trust Emery not to bring in a bad egg.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If it’s going to happen, I hope that it doesn’t drag on for weeks and weeks. I’m not a massive fan of signings at the tail end of the transfer window. 

I thought you’d be happy if they were at the Tayl end?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf though loads on here wanted us to make Coutinho permanent. When we did, I got laughed out of here for saying I think it was a mistake.

You're right - I was one of them. From my own POV I was definitely blinded by the big name and glimpses of his quality (utd at home, leeds away). On top of that it was the fact we hadnt really had a glamour name of that calibre since possibly Merson/Ginola. 

Now though, we have a big name manager and the likes of Emi, Torres, Bailey, Watkins etc as big names/top players. 

PS you were also correct we shouldnt have signed him permanently. 

The major difference now is that we have Unai. He could sign Felix or Big Dave from the Aston Tavern, I'll back him all the way

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I thought not. Don't understand the negativity from this angle. Have we suddenly got to a point of success as a club and now we are too good to turn down Joao Felix? 

Raised expectations and demands… brings about all sorts of shifts in viewpoint. I just hope we don’t end up becoming an entitled, arrogant bunch like so many of our opposing fanbases.

Even Unai said Felix was “too good for us” or along those lines when we last tried to sign him and were beaten to it by Chelsea… we’ve made huge strides since then.

I also find it childish when fans get angry with or reject the idea of signing players who have apparently or been rumoured to have rejected us in the past, almost as though they have been personally slighted. Need some perspective.

I’ve repeated this several times too… phrases like “trust in Unai” or “whatever Unai wants” are so conditional and based on what the individual wants rather than actually being truthful/whole nor considering what he wants and why… I guess we’re all guilty of that to varying degrees.

Oh well. Let’s see what happens here, I hope it’s embraced with positivity, enthusiasm and excitement (and also some patience) if indeed it happens.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Atlético de Madrid's idea is to sell Joao Felix this summer. If they don't sell him, the intention is for him to stay. They are not considering, at this moment, a loan"

"Emery's Aston Villa wants him, but on loan"

59 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

"Atlético de Madrid's idea is to sell Joao Felix this summer. If they don't sell him, the intention is for him to stay. They are not considering, at this moment, a loan"

"Emery's Aston Villa wants him, but on loan"

Interestingly, this Pedro Morata guy is followed by Unai on Twitter. Doesn’t mean the info is true, but lends him at least some credibility (imo). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Interestingly, this Pedro Morata guy is followed by Unai on Twitter. Doesn’t mean the info is true, but lends him at least some credibility (imo). 

Don’t think there’s any chance he stays at AM bro. They’re bluffing I think. They need finances to fund these signings and secondly the two parties are at the end of their tenure together. They’ll end up breaking and we’ll get our way. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â