João Félix

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Seriously guys, is he reliable? I mean, are we not just looking at another potential Coutinho situation? Or, is he the real deal? 

Just looking at league goals + assists and Diaby has 1 more last season than Felix best return in last 5 seasons. I still don't get the hype from what I saw of him at Chelsea and more recently in Euro game against Georgia. Seems to be a lot of hopium that Emery will transform him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Seriously guys, is he reliable? I mean, are we not just looking at another potential Coutinho situation? Or, is he the real deal? 

Just my opinion, but, Coutinho was brought in by a manager that once played with the prime version of PC. That was enough for Gerrard on terms of scouting his ability, fitness, attitude, desire etc. Purslow followed through on the deal not to let his idol down. This happened despite the rest of the football world knowing it was likely PC was on the decline. 

Now, a world class manager that we have, who has a proven track record of improving players with talent, has decided he would like Felix. 

None of this will be completed without complete due dilligenxe. If it happens then I am absolutely buzzing

• Like 2

Look, I still don't see this happening and just hope we're looking elsewhere just in case. I have full faith in Monchi and Unai but I just don't see Felix coming to Aston Villa. 

I think there's a lot of rumours and rubbish being spoken. Felix is a great player but if he lacks mototivation it will be worthless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly wouldn't even call that a clanger necessarily.

If he was never let out to play, he wouldn't have developed as much as he has and become the player he is.

JPB wanted to go.

In real terms he's probably worth more than what we paid back for him.

Cost overall is minimal because as you point out so many other smart moves have been made around it.

And like I keep saying, selling young players with buybacks is a strategy.

If you pick out the one in isolation that we end up re-signing then yes you can point to that deal and say it was a bad decision because we're down financially.

But if we do that with 10, 15, 20 young players going forward and only re-sign one or two of them then we're going to be overwhelmingly up overall.

It's like pointing at a bad deal made by an investor and laughing at him when he's made a billion quid overall

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Look, I still don't see this happening and just hope we're looking elsewhere just in case. I have full faith in Monchi and Unai but I just don't see Felix coming to Aston Villa. 

I think there's a lot of rumours and rubbish being spoken. Felix is a great player but if he lacks mototivation it will be worthless. 

Is there any evidence or hostory of him lacking motivation? 

27 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Really worry for you if this doesn’t go through 😂

No need, I’m fine 😆 I’m more excited and happy for Unai than I am for myself!

I would happily take an Olmo or an Alvarez instead 😂

But the question is, who does Unai want? 👀 

Just imagining what he can do with that talent and potential… that he himself wants to work with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

No, you look! 

….thats all I’ve got really. 

Edited by Tayls

41 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It is…. but….. we have been here many times with potential incomings and they don’t always materialise… it’s easy to be disappointed when you get your hopes up. It’s nice for Villa to be at the top of the transfer chaos, though.  

Oh you mean if it doesn’t happen… ok… we shall see.

-

Regarding a perceived “big signing” and then flattering to deceive…

We haven’t been here before with Unai… WITH KING UNAI!

I think it’s really worth considering that or giving it deep thought.

I’ve said it so many times, this isn’t the Villa of old and certainly not the shitty version we’ve had to endure so often.

We really need to shed that decaying old skin…

Edited by Jas10

27 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I have a solid and long and demonstrable track record of not believing the Joao Hype.

And if just because it's become increasingly clear that Unai rates him, I'm going to suddenly  throw out all my prejudices and reservations and just jump on the silly Joao bandwagon with a complete lack of dignity or football-bro integrity?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47px75f1ypcsxsc1q6qy

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I hear you! Here are my lukewarm takes.

1. Coutinho was five years older when he came to Villa than Felix would be. He was past his peak, clearly. (And he's still a decent if no longer elite player, just for perspective.)
  2. Felix is a forward and will play a different role. Coutinho was supposed to be creative, but he sometimes seemed to lack energy and wasn't being given instructions that worked for his style of play. And look at the squad then. It was a diamond in the rough being handled by a manager who didn't have the skills to educate them. The squad context does matter, after all.
  3. Can't teach an old dog ... Gerrard didn't focus on player education. He looked for trained dogs, but see 1. Coutinho was probably past his peak learning years when he came to Villa. As Onana has so  admirably articulated, he's here to excel -- and to learn. If Felix has that desire to improve and learn (and that's a giant attraction of Unai's coaching), I think Villa is a perfect fit.
  4. There is NO question no one can really answer your first question, and if they pretend to know, well, they should be sport agents. If you're looking for that level of reassurance, you can forget it. Every signing is a gamble.
Edited by Marka Ragnos

26 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just my opinion, but, Coutinho was brought in by a manager that once played with the prime version of PC. That was enough for Gerrard on terms of scouting his ability, fitness, attitude, desire etc. Purslow followed through on the deal not to let his idol down. This happened despite the rest of the football world knowing it was likely PC was on the decline. 

Now, a world class manager that we have, who has a proven track record of improving players with talent, has decided he would like Felix. 

None of this will be completed without complete due dilligenxe. If it happens then I am absolutely buzzing

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

The levels of conjecture and speculation around this guy or what he is like are crazy… based on barely anything at all.

Trust in Unai… the man has vastly more knowledge and experience in football than any of us fools! He’s been there, done that and won a fair few things! Worked with all kinds of players and personalities.

He has talked the talk and walked the walk! We’ve never had a manager like him!!

If this is the player that Unai wants, he should get him! And we should feel good about it too really!

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â