João Félix

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

No, because we’re not letting him Go because we misjudged his ability, we’re letting him go because he’s dickhead and wants to leave.

That’s not the point being made…..The point was, can managers cure flaws in players, referencing Felix, irrespective if it’s a football or attitude issue, both impact on their output.

That was the burning question being debated about Felix.

Do you think West Ham are expecting to sign a “Dickhead” and pay north of 30 mill for the. Privilege…..No, they will feel, they can score with him , where we didn’t.

I am not disputing our stance, just debating how one club, clear a problem and another, see it as an opportunity.

back on topic…..just discussing what Felix, is more likely to be.

seems we have divided opinion, albeit speculation is all.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

No one is paying £35 million if he flops here and is on 125k a week. Most clubs in Europe couldn’t afford it and wouldn’t take the risk, no top club in the PL will want him and Felix won’t want to go to newly promoted Southhampton. 

If we walked out of that deal with £15-20 million we’d be laughing and unfortunately we can’t afford £30 million mistakes on big wages.

I feel it deep in my soul that if we sign Felix that is exactly how it will go. Felt it with Ings, felt it with Coutinho. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Jas10 ... @Adam2003 actually has a point, let's be honest, and we are all guilty of this to some degree.

It's something I speak about often on here lol.

In truth, I think it depends on how neutral people are.

In my view, every Manager has a potential clanger in them, however I feel that, even if Unai did drop a clanger somewhere ( Not referencing Duran here as he was scouted previous and you can't predict how a player will be as a person).

He has more than enough credit in the bank to be afforded benefit of the doubt, AND a couple of clangers 

We know that he won't always be perfect but he will always get it right eventually. Trust is a two way street!

Emery’s (and Monchi’s) biggest clanger so far was selling Philogene for £5m and replacing him with Zaniolo for £5m with a £30m+ buy option, thankfully we’ve done some corrective action by cancelling the buy option on Zaniolo and buying back Philogene. Both are probably offset by buying Rogers in a similar position for less than £10m initial fee

Felix is a massive risk but it’s clear he is Unai’s number 1 target, I think that’s pretty exciting even if I did previously have some doubts. I just don’t think Emery would be that desperate for him unless he was 100% convinced and knows exactly how to use him and get the best out of him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

One thing that I really like about Felix is his ability to change direction very quickly.

Similar to a young Coutinho, he can switch the way he's facing in a heartbeat which not only fools his marker but can turn around a whole defence and create space.

He's explosive and an elite natural athlete. 

25 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I feel it deep in my soul that if we sign Felix that is exactly how it will go. Felt it with Ings, felt it with Coutinho. 

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Same vibes from me

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

We signed Duran for ~£15m and are selling him for ~£35m after he’s scored some important goals but with limited game time… I would say it’s been a successful signing whether Emery was 100% involved or not

Yes Duran has proved a very successful signing in those two aspects. We may not have finished 4th without his contributions and to double your money on him in a season is great business.

If we willing to spend the money we are on Felix then if there was a doubt about his character and ability Monchi and Emery wouldn't be willing to risk it.  Brian Little made the mistake with Collymore which I think led to his demise. Emery has been around the block and managed some of the biggest names in football. I trust in him.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

One big difference

Spoiler

This man wants Felix

unai-emery-baywatch.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Same vibes from me

Yep. He's clearly a talented player and given this thread was started on 6th December 2022 Unai has pretty much wanted him in every transfer window since coming in so clearly this feels a time is right move.

However his stock is nowhere near as high as 3-4 years ago. Failed to integrate at Atletico, Chelsea loan was a flop really where he got into endless decent positions but couldn't score and bit part player for Portugal.

I just wonder about his attitude. Not good if he's only interested now because we're in the CL. What will his performances be like after January if we're not in the competition any longer?

• Like 2

I think he’d fit in very well here. Probably the best fit he’s had at a team since he was in Benfica. We’ve really lacked a proper partner for Watkins ever since Emery arrived. Felix thrives in that second striker role as opposed to others who have almost been shoehorned in there.

Something I’ve noticed about him in his highlights is his aerial ability. You wouldn’t think it from looking at him but he’s excellent in the air.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â