João Félix

Delphinho123

One thing that I really like about Felix is his ability to change direction very quickly.

Similar to a young Coutinho, he can switch the way he's facing in a heartbeat which not only fools his marker but can turn around a whole defence and create space.

• Like 4

Just now, mjmooney said:

Perhaps Spurs should start a bidding war, then? Come on, Johan, you know you want to. 

Wish they would… but maybe Johan has realised what a nutcase the kid is and decide to steer well away… cheers for that 👍

Edited by Jas10

If we sign Felix then I think a Watkins backup is still needed. I thought that whoever came in would be able to play as either the main and support striker. Felix is too lightweight to play as a CF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

If we sign Felix then I think a Watkins backup is still needed. I thought that whoever came in would be able to play as either the main and support striker. Felix is too lightweight to play as a CF.

Rogers will play there if needed. If we sign Felix, I don’t believe we need a back up to Watkins. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

After selling Diaby and Duran we should have more than enough money to go get this done now.

If Durán gets done this week then it’s on for young and old next week with signings and activity for us. I think Monchi and Unai will want everything sorted, tied up and players integrated prior to the season beginning. 
we’re in for an exciting 10 days

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

So if John Duran turns out to be a world beater, do we point the finger at Unai?

I think, not.

I think most people would agree with you, on his unadulterated ability, but that has to be accompanied by other crucial attributes.

I would be delighted, if he came, and found his Benfica  form, and yes, he is young enough to do that.

The possibility of a fully functioning Joao Felix, is mouth watering, that is hard to deny.

I will revert to type and say….if Unai wants him, I support that.

I am quite prepared to shelve my doubts, until they are proven, one way or the other.

I can’t deny it has the possibilities of being a stellar signing.

Nice edit 👍

We will just have to see and, hopefully, demonstrate the more than deserved trust and faith in King Unai, be patient and not be desperate to pick faults or thirst for failure in an attempt for people to justify their negativity and doubtful thoughts and opinions.

For me, we should want want Unai wants. Not that simple for others, that’s fine and each to their own. But I just respect, admire and appreciate him too much. 

This is all IF the move even happens though 😂 does seem likely now though…

• Thanks 1

Monchi is playing such an amazing hand mind you. Waiting for Atletico to flinch and lower their price as they’re waiting on the funds to finance their other targets all the time adding to the puzzle and making it seem like we’re moving on from Felix. He truly is the master.

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s less likely than likely… but what matters is the here and now. The right decision is to move him on because he is a problem and a disruptive presence - the last thing we need. We probably only know half of what has gone on off the pitch or behind the scenes (such as trashing a house/apartment and the club having to foot the bill).

Unai had basically/almost nothing to do with the Duran signing - that was led by Lange, and he was scouted/followed long before Unai ever arrived. He wasn’t even aware of the player, just allowed the deal to happen rather than block it. - Been several reports/articles on all this, it’s fairly common knowledge.

Not saying you are but if you’re trying to question or raise doubts about Unai, that’s hugely disappointing tbh. Or bring any potential negativity. Again, IF that’s the case, I’m not accusing you of anything.
And especially when you showed such support for the likes of Gerrard who was an utter clown and embarrassment.

You’re way off tangent here Jas……the focus should be on Felix.

I have waxed lyrical on here sufficiently not to be accused of doubting our manager….but it’s equally unwise, to think he is a miracle worker….and using the Duran, comparison, was merely that.

I am certainly not questioning Unai, but I don’t think he is infallable either.

Unai is not the issue here, 2 players with questionable character are.

Sure there are nuances,here,  one is disruptive, and the other is about unlocking his ability…..both are manager challenges.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rogers will play there if needed. If we sign Felix, I don’t believe we need a back up to Watkins. 

Agree, if we put out a front four that was some configuration of Rogers, Bailey, Felix, Ramsey, McGinn, etc I’d be confident it could get goals.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have waxed lyrical on here sufficiently not to be accused of doubting our manager….but it’s equally unwise, to think he is a miracle worker….and using the Duran, comparison, was merely that.

Sure there are nuances,here,  one is disruptive, and the other is about unlocking his ability…..both are manager challenges.

Am I? Do your research, find the articles and see for yourself.

It was you, not me, that brought up Duran.

I didn’t accuse you of anything, just asked the question and emphasised the use of “if”.

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I’m not saying nor have I said that Unai is infallible, flawless or perfect. But let’s look at his record here properly and with factual evidence and details.

If we want to debate a player or signing failing… I suppose Diaby would be more apt (not that I think it did) for that. And there are even reports (Tanswell) that he wasn’t a priority choice (Unai wanted Williams most of all).

I’m not arguing here, just putting my points and questions out there and debating or responding in kind. Apologies if I’m coming across that way. Your question about Duran in relation to Unai warranted/provoked a response.

I will admit to being invested in Unai’s tenure and passionate, appreciative and, to a degree, quite defensive of the man who has brought the glory days back to the club that we love. 

-

I don’t think bringing the best out of Felix would be “miraculous” for Unai either… and, again, it’s enough for me that he likes and wants him here, that he is eager to work with him.

You almost make it sound like an impossible feat… I really don’t think it is.

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Nice edit 👍

We will just have to see and, hopefully, demonstrate the more than deserved trust and faith in King Unai, be patient and not be desperate to pick faults or thirst for failure in an attempt for people to justify their negativity and doubtful thoughts and opinions.

For me, we should want want Unai wants. Not that simple for others, that’s fine and each to their own. But I just respect, admire and appreciate him too much. 

This is all IF the move even happens though 😂 does seem likely now though…

I agree, with that…..but it’s equally dismissive, (for any fans who spent their life entertaining themselves watching football) to be silenced for having some doubts in prospective players.

it’s not negative, to air doubts in players, it’s caution…..they shouldn’t be confused.

My scepticism, can easily be morphed in to euphoria, if he proves my caution to be unfounded.

The fact is, until we see him competing in a Villa shirt, no one has a monopoly, of what view is right.

• Like 3

Just now, TRO said:

I agree, with that…..but it’s equally dismissive, (for any fans who spent their life entertaining themselves watching football) to be silenced for having some doubts in prospective players.

it’s not negative, to air doubts in players, it’s caution…..they shouldn’t be confused.

My scepticism, can easily be morphed in to euphoria, if he proves my caution to be unfounded.

The fact is, until we see him competing in a Villa shirt, no one has a monopoly, of what view is right.

You think I’m silencing you? Wow…not what my intent is…

Regarding negativity, I’m not directing that or focussing that toward you or you alone. I’m seen much stronger and relevant stuff, over a few years now (ever since we were first linked).

I can understand some of the doubts… but a lot of that disappears for me when Unai and Monchi are pursuing and now negotiating for the player and are convinced.

You’re right, the proof is in the pudding. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah let’s be clear when we sign a player we like that’s the manager/club official we like at that point, and if it doesn’t work out then it’s whoever we don’t like. In this example it was actually Purslow who signed him but Emery gets the credit for doubling his value, and now it’s Monchi selling him but if he turns out to be a worldbeater then Chris Heck forced him to do it ;)

@Jas10 ... @Adam2003 actually has a point, let's be honest, and we are all guilty of this to some degree.

It's something I speak about often on here lol.

In truth, I think it depends on how neutral people are.

In my view, every Manager has a potential clanger in them, however I feel that, even if Unai did drop a clanger somewhere ( Not referencing Duran here as he was scouted previous and you can't predict how a player will be as a person).

He has more than enough credit in the bank to be afforded benefit of the doubt, AND a couple of clangers 

We know that he won't always be perfect but he will always get it right eventually. Trust is a two way street!

• Like 1

Unai came in and wanted to get him in the January of 2023.  Again last summer  before he nailed his colours to Barca and again  this summer.  He really rates him it's safe to say. Theres no such thing as a non Emery type of player. He is an elite coach and Felix has elite ability.  He wasn't shit for Chelsea but he was incredibly unlucky in their games. The best coaches believe they can improve a players game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m not saying nor have I said that Unai is infallible, flawless or perfect. But let’s look at his record here properly and with factual evidence and details.

If we want to debate a player or signing failing… I suppose Diaby would be more apt (not that I think it did) for that. And there are even reports (Tanswell) that he wasn’t a priority choice (Unai wanted Williams most of all).

I’m not arguing here, just putting my points and questions out there and debating or responding in kind. Apologies if I’m coming across that way. Your question about Duran in relation to Unai warranted/provoked a response.

I will admit to being invested in Unai’s tenure and passionate, appreciative and, to a degree, quite defensive of the man who has brought the glory days back to the club that we love. 

We both agree, on the quality of our manager…..I am merely saying even the best, have doubtful transfers, it’s inevitable.

I don’t want Felix to be one of them, the consequences are too great, in financial terms.

I was never a huge fan of Diaby, for many reasons, but equally respected his stats, for a first season, but I digress.

comparisons can always be challenged, depending on the contextuality, of the intended point.

I was actually defending Unai, saying he can’t be expected to cure every players ills, but I suspect, you took it the wrong way.

anyway, let’s wait until we sign JF, then the debate, might be more meaningful.

23 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Monchi is playing such an amazing hand mind you. Waiting for Atletico to flinch and lower their price as they’re waiting on the funds to finance their other targets all the time adding to the puzzle and making it seem like we’re moving on from Felix. He truly is the master.

Yep, pressure is all on them. They want Dovbyk from Girona, but so do a lot of other clubs. They take too long they’ll miss out, Monchi just has to dig in his heels.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We both agree, on the quality of our manager…..I am merely saying even the best, have doubtful transfers, it’s inevitable.

I don’t want Felix to be one of them, the consequences are too great, in financial terms.

I was never a huge fan of Diaby, for many reasons, but equally respected his stats, for a first season, but I digress.

comparisons can always be challenged, depending on the contextuality, of the intended point.

I was actually defending Unai, saying he can’t be expected to cure every players ills, but I suspect, you took it the wrong way.

anyway, let’s wait until we sign JF, then the debate, might be more meaningful.

Ok, we just see this slightly different and that’s fine.

Anyway, you’re older and wiser than me so feel free to advise 😆

This may sound really weird but… Unai has done a lot for my mood and feeling when it comes to Villa and I will stand by him like no manager we have ever had before 😆

I adore him and respect all he does and all the decisions he makes - knows vastly more than any of us utter clowns on here!!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â