João Félix

Delphinho123

37 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Looks like you could do with some lessons with that grammar and spelling.

I don’t have the faintest idea what he meant… 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

AF LE I Co Madrid if you're a cool London kid 

Maybe a jet black guy with a hip hi-fi
A white cool cat with a trilby hat
Maybe leather and studs is where you're at

• Haha 1

Thought about this all morning... I'm basically 100% for it now. Bring him in, let Unai & his staff work their magic and watch him shine. He'll pick up the ethos and work ethic soon enough. Sometimes I forget that we have a manager who is world class and can get the best out of any player.

If he comes, we will all be behind him and I'm sure he will show why he deserves it. Optimism is good for me!

The shirt number rumour is basically a bloke got a text from a mate who claimed to have overheard people at the club shop discussing it but won’t give any actual details about the nature of the chat. Can we not. It’s total nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Thought about this all morning... I'm basically 100% for it now. Bring him in, let Unai & his staff work their magic and watch him shine. He'll pick up the ethos and work ethic soon enough. Sometimes I forget that we have a manager who is world class and can get the best out of any player.

If he comes, we will all be behind him and I'm sure he will show why he deserves it. Optimism is good for me!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 24/07/2024 at 23:45, villabromsgrove said:

I haven't got a clue about company accounts, but hypothetically if Felix signed for us for £50 million and had a £125,000 per week contract, if he or the club were unhappy after two years at the age of 26 if we sold him on for (say) £35 million, that would seem to be the equivalent of having loaned a potentially top star footballer for £7.5 million per season, while paying a manageable salary. That may well be seen by our club as a very reasonable use of our resources.

No one is paying £35 million if he flops here and is on 125k a week. Most clubs in Europe couldn’t afford it and wouldn’t take the risk, no top club in the PL will want him and Felix won’t want to go to newly promoted Southhampton. 

If we walked out of that deal with £15-20 million we’d be laughing and unfortunately we can’t afford £30 million mistakes on big wages.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Duplicate

10 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Duplicate

41KsVO51kyL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Haha 4

So was his missed penalty in the euros and aberration or does he / can he take them?

Personally I'd let Ollie take the first couple weeks get in the season and if he scores them let him keep going

But it would be nice to have a back up option 

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

So was his missed penalty in the euros and aberration or does he / can he take them?

Personally I'd let Ollie take the first couple weeks get in the season and if he scores them let him keep going

But it would be nice to have a back up option 

If I remember it hit the inside of the post - so probably 2 - 5cms away from being a very good penalty.

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I wanna be a lover, not a hater, but I feel compelled to make a point (probably in autotune robot voice). Considering the football clips youtube video genre is synonymous with terrible music choices the makers of this one have really outdone themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Probably not a stretch to say that many accused Leon of similar problems… it went as far as hate for some, which was ridiculous.

Other than the fallout with Simeone, there have been no reports or details regarding any personality or attitude issues. No negative “revelations” to speak of…

Hunger… there may be something there but there may be mitigating circumstances (huge move and fee at a young age, big pressure) but that’s something that can be worked on. Actually, maybe that shouldn’t be questioned either when he accepted 6k pw to go to Barcelona and played plenty of games/minutes… also willing to move abroad and try a new league, language and culture when he went to Chelsea 🤷‍♂️

Strikes me as someone who needs the right manager and environment to thrive… 

It’s enough for me that Unai wants him, and that gets me excited too.

In terms of not joining us earlier… not surprising that a player who has/had built a big reputation and was widely lauded at one time would not want to move to a club that was struggling to get into European competition, let alone CL. Not like we had the anticipated/expected stage for him to perform on back then. Don’t begrudge him that personally…

So if John Duran turns out to be a world beater, do we point the finger at Unai?

I think, not.

I think most people would agree with you, on his unadulterated ability, but that has to be accompanied by other crucial attributes.

I would be delighted, if he came, and found his Benfica  form, and yes, he is young enough to do that.

The possibility of a fully functioning Joao Felix, is mouth watering, that is hard to deny.

I will revert to type and say….if Unai wants him, I support that.

I am quite prepared to shelve my doubts, until they are proven, one way or the other.

I can’t deny it has the possibilities of being a stellar signing.

Edited by TRO

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

I wanna be a lover, not a hater, but I feel compelled to make a point (probably in autotune robot voice). Considering the football clips youtube video genre is synonymous with terrible music choices the makers of this one have really outdone themselves.

Agreed, my ears now have Aids...

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â