João Félix

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A wonderkid who has dropped off in the last 3 years and doesn't look like he will fulfill his potential as his career starts to stall and his trajectory is pointing downwards....

The silver lining is he must know it's shit or bust from here, a bad move to us and he's going to be a mid table player in his late 20s

The transfer isn't as insane as it would have been a couple of years ago, his star is dwindling, that's the reality of it

If anyone can change his trajectory, it’s Unai. There’s a lot, a lot of talent there. 

• Like 1

Ultimately this is down to Emery believing he can get something out of Felix which benefits us and gives him an opportunity to become the player many thought he would. So it’s an expensive gamble in a sense for Emery, but he clearly backs himself. We just need Felix to want to apply himself here. 
I’d be disappointed if it’s a loan and Emery gets him playing properly only for him to go elsewhere next year, but you’d hope that he would want to stay with the man that got him back to his best.

(If there is even anything in this transfer, of course, could all be complete rubbish). 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well everyone’s abroad so I think we should call the police 

Perhaps we've put them on a timer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Calm down mate, you are talking as if we would be signing someone on the same level as prime CR7 he is far from it, he’s yet to achieve anything of substance in his career! You really need to rein it in a bit 

Not sure why you’re telling the man to calm down. What’s it to you? So now it’s upto you to police how people show their emotions? 
don’t like the post toddle on. 
it’s obviously a massive signing no matter how you slice it and by the way you describe the player himself it’s obvious you’ve watched sweet f*^% all of him. 

Edited by CroVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

apologies if this has been posted but this is first time ive seen emery speak about felix

Unai Emery says Joao Felix is ‘special’ – could a transfer to Aston Villa revive his career?

By Jacob Tanswell

4h ago

“We weren’t in the running to sign Joao Felix because it was very difficult to convince one player like him,” said Unai Emery, unusually boldly. “Because, now, he’s better than us.”

This was March 2023 and Aston Villa were aiming, in Emery’s words, for a top-10 finish. Relegation fears had been arrested and Villa, albeit tentatively and in the nascent stages of ‘Project Emery’, were looking upwards.

The Spaniard was a significant advocate of Joao Felix, unlike his manager at Atletico Madrid, Diego Simeone, and had wanted to sign him two months earlier.

Villa, though, could not offer the financial package or the Champions League aspirations Joao Felix desired. He instead pivoted to Chelsea, joining on a six-month loan that would flatter to deceive. It was a sign of Emery’s ambitions not quite correlating to where Villa stood.

“He’s a special player and it was not totally impossible for us (to sign him), but he wanted to play for a team in the Champions League,” Emery said. “We are realistic about how we can improve and how we can add players to improve our squad. He has a high salary and Chelsea paid a lot of money for that.

“I like him, but we were never really in the running for him. He can assist, score goals, drop deep to build up and he can play in the small spaces and drive into the box. He’s special.

“Our idea is to reduce the distance between them (a club such as Chelsea) and to get closer to them in one, two or three years. Spending money like they did? No! But trying to be consistent and get there another way in our work.”

click

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Dropping in to remind you all about Jordan Bowery, Ally Samatta, and Borja Baston.

True but the shirt sales in Tanzania were crazy

We’ve not had many Portuguese players at Villa, have we? Fernando Nelson comes to mind and then Thiago Llori on loan but he hardly played. 

Wolves have had most of Portugal, and some very good players, but none at the level of Felix, I don’t think. 

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If anyone can change his trajectory, it’s Unai. There’s a lot, a lot of talent there. 

whilst i obviously buy in to the fact that unai is an absolutely class manager i don't buy in to the narrative that he can automatically make every player better

Felix is a risk, if we do get him I'm hoping for some monchi magic as much as some unai midas touch, a loan to buy deal that protects us in case he's a bust

if we outright buy him for £60m and £200k a week I wouldn't be over the moon, I'd think there were better options out there, to coin an americanism felix has a ridiculously high ceiling, higher than pretty much anyone else we've been linked with but he also has a lower floor

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

whilst i obviously buy in to the fact that unai is an absolutely class manager i don't buy in to the narrative that he can automatically make every player better

Felix is a risk, if we do get him I'm hoping for some monchi magic as much as some unai midas touch, a loan to buy deal that protects us in case he's a bust

if we outright buy him for £60m and £200k a week I wouldn't be over the moon, I'd think there were better options out there, to coin an americanism felix has a ridiculously high ceiling, higher than pretty much anyone else we've been linked with but he also has a lower floor

I agree that there’s a big financial risk. I could totally see a loan to buy option in the short term too. He’s still 24, and outside of one or two names, Unai has improved many names here. It’s therefore a question of Felix’s mentality and desire to test to himself this way. Let’s wait and see. 

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Calm down mate, you are talking as if we would be signing someone on the same level as prime CR7 he is far from it, he’s yet to achieve anything of substance in his career! You really need to rein it in a bit 

No, no! YOU really need to rein it in a bit.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I agree that there’s a big financial risk. I could totally see a loan to buy option in the short term too. He’s still 24, and outside of one or two names, Unai has improved many names here. It’s therefore a question of Felix’s mentality and desire to test to himself this way. Let’s wait and see. 

I don't as I believe Atletico want to sell. 

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Also a big question if he settles to life in a 3 bed semi in Solihull. It's a bit different to Madrid, Barcelona or Portugal. That's why a loan with an option to buy makes the most sense. He could easily want out after one season, or he could fall in love with the balti pie or vindaloo.  

Edited by villa89

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This was a year and a half ago.

First ive seen it but it would suggest unai really likes him. So i think the interest is genuine

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â