João Félix

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't see it myself. He's not that big a name player is he?

He’s a global superstar Tommy. No matter which way you cut it. Exposure and marketing dream. My 7 yr olds I coach call out his name at training when they dribble and try tricks. He has a massive reach globally 

Edited by CroVillan

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Was excited for a Watkins/Rogers front 2, and Philogene/Ramsey on the left. Hope Felix turns out to be a hit, or I feel he might unnecessarily stall the progress of 1 or more of the aforementioned.

• Like 1

If he signs then I think we can look at things like this:

- Best keeper in the world (or at the very least the most talked about) - playing for Villa

- Last season's CL top team left back - playing for Villa

- Belgium's starting midfield partnership - playing for Villa

- England's new No. 9 (probably) - playing for Villa

- Portugal's star attacking / creative player after Ronaldo retires - playing for Villa

And that's ignoring players like Konsa, Torres, Kamara, Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey and hungry youngsters like Ned, Enzo, SIJ and Philogene who will be trying their darnedest to make their claim for a starting spot.  Not only is that incredible from a playing perspective but it's going to be raising our profile in other countries around the world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was excited for a Watkins/Rogers front 2, and Philogene/Ramsey on the left. Hope Felix turns out to be a hit, or I feel he might unnecessarily stall the progress of 1 or more of the aforementioned.

We need more than one quality player in each position… now is the time to demonstrate our ambition and intent and for fans to be on board with it really, imo at least.

We are going to be playing CL football and… young players learn from top talents and experienced players too, it can actually aid their development. Also if you’re good enough… you’ll make it anyway, more often than not as long as the right attitude and work ethic is there.

Maybe it’s because we are not used to being or competing at this level, but Unai and NSWE want to take us as high as possible. We need to shed the restrictive and, to varying degrees, limited or negative thinking of the past.

We are making waves, let’s get on board!

UTV!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pretty sure all those players are going to get plenty of minutes this season.  We will be stacked with options and the drop off between the "starting XI" and the "second XI" would be dramatically reduced from last season (and in fact any season I can remember).

Just now, Jas10 said:

We need more than one quality player in each position… now is the time to demonstrate our ambition and intent and for fans to be on board with it really, imo at least.

We are going to be playing CL football and… young players learn from top talents and experience players too, it can actually aid their development.

Maybe it’s because we are not used to being or competing at this level, but Unai and NSWE want to take us as high as possible. We need to shed the restrictive and, to varying degrees, limited or negative thinking of the past.

We are making leaves, let’s get on board!

UTV!

I'd agree if I felt Felix was worth it. I don't quite think he is, he's flattered to deceive for years now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I'd agree if I felt Felix was worth it. I don't quite think he is, he's flattered to deceive for years now. 

Trust in Unai… he wants and deserves this.

Why doubt him?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He has over 12 million followers on Instagram, Watkins has less than a million.

Can they all send Chris Heck £20 at their earliest convenience please.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, allani said:

If he signs then I think we can look at things like this:

- Best keeper in the world (or at the very least the most talked about) - playing for Villa

- Last season's CL top team left back - playing for Villa

- Belgium's starting midfield partnership - playing for Villa

- England's new No. 9 (probably) - playing for Villa

- Portugal's star attacking / creative player after Ronaldo retires - playing for Villa

And that's ignoring players like Konsa, Torres, Kamara, Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey and hungry youngsters like Ned, Enzo, SIJ and Philogene who will be trying their darnedest to make their claim for a starting spot.  Not only is that incredible from a playing perspective but it's going to be raising our profile in other countries around the world.

Exactamundo… lovely stuff!

All the negative discourse about Felix is based on being a wonderkid who signed for big money and then falling out with Simeone. Since then he has handled himself quite well on the whole trying to manoeuvre out of a difficult situation. Look at what Duran has been doing.

For his career he needs some stability and we may be the right place for that.

Anyone doubting his ability is a dunce.

Edited by Anything11
nope
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't see it myself. He's not that big a name player is he?

He'd be the most recognizable name we outside of maybe Emi Martínez. 

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

He'd be the most recognizable name we outside of maybe Emi Martínez. 

Maybe, but I still don't think he's a big name particularly.

Coutinho was shit but no doubts he was a bonafide world star.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â