João Félix

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I understand your hesitation and being cautious towards the lad but having watched a fair deal of games of the player he’s not lazy. 

yes he may be a player that is a little cocky and arrogant but I don’t mind that on the field. He dropped wages to an absolutely ridiculous level to try and get playing time and prove himself. 
Tbf he didn’t join us last year as we weren’t Champions league bound and still very young in our season and progression under Unai. 

he’ll be a quality signing under Unai and his tutelage and maybe just needs a little live from his coach to harness that. 

Let’s put some perspective on it, he dropped his wages to go to Barca, don’t expect that here!

The vision from Unai the owners hasn’t changed.  If he was invested in that, and Unai, I still think he would have come last year.  Your argument is that he is not coming for Villa, he is coming for Champions League so what happens if we do not reach it next year?  My feeling he will be angling for a move.

I get the excitement, but this one for me doesn’t pass the sniff test. 

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Probably not a stretch to say that many accused Leon of similar problems… it went as far as hate for some, which was ridiculous.

Other than the fallout with Simeone, there have been no reports or details regarding any personality or attitude issues. No negative “revelations” to speak of…

Hunger… there may be something there but there may be mitigating circumstances (huge move and fee at a young age, big pressure) but that’s something that can be worked on. Actually, maybe that shouldn’t be questioned either when he accepted 6k pw to go to Barcelona and played plenty of games/minutes… also willing to move abroad and try a new league, language and culture when he went to Chelsea 🤷‍♂️

Strikes me as someone who needs the right manager and environment to thrive… 

It’s enough for me that Unai wants him, and that gets me excited too.

In terms of not joining us earlier… not surprising that a player who has/had built a big reputation and was widely lauded at one time would not want to move to a club that was struggling to get into European competition, let alone CL. Not like we had the anticipated/expected stage for him to perform on back then. Don’t begrudge him that personally…

We were on the conference league so not struggling for Europe?  It just wasn’t a big enough competition to turn his head, does that not worry you?

15 minutes ago, macandally said:

Let’s put some perspective on it, he dropped his wages to go to Barca, don’t expect that here!

The vision from Unai the owners hasn’t changed.  If he was invested in that, and Unai, I still think he would have come last year.  Your argument is that he is not coming for Villa, he is coming for Champions League so what happens if we do not reach it next year?  My feeling he will be angling for a move.

Your opinion or take is fair enough, we will just have to see what happens. We don’t all have to see things the same way…

But what is your perspective on Unai wanting and admiring the player? Don’t you think he should get what we wants? And if he’s not worried, should we really be? Has he not earned our faith and trust?

It’s possible that he’s crazy excited to get to work with such a talent and believes he can get the best out of him. 

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

I feel a song coming on..

He went to Barca, and dropped his wages there

He came to Villa and did the same again

He's f***ing magic and don't you f***ing know... etc 

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

We were on the conference league so not struggling for Europe?  It just wasn’t a big enough competition to turn his head, does that not worry you?

Not at all, we don’t know the full details. Kind of like the season just gone, we weren’t even expected to achieve that back then. It was a big achievement. And we probably didn’t have the finances either. Fair bit has changed since Unai arrived…

Don’t think we would even try or open negotiations if we had major concerns… I have a lot of faith in Unai and Monchi.

Would we expect another top player or “name” to join us at the level we were then? Would, I don’t know, Nico Williams have entertained a move to us back then? We could make a long list 😆 We were or have been linked with players like Asensio, Merino… others I can’t recall off the top of my head. They weren’t interested for such reasons…

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

Your opinion or take is fair enough, we will just have to see what happens. We don’t all have to see things the same way…

But what is your perspective on Unai wanting and admiring the player? Don’t you think he should get what we wants? And if he’s not worried, should we really be? Has he not wanted our faith and trust?

It’s possible that he’s crazy excited to get to work with such a talent and believes he can get the best out of him. 

I don’t doubt Unai’s confidence in his and his coaches ability.  If he didn’t think he could get a tune out of him he wouldn’t pursue him.

That said, the player needs to be invested in the same way (Duran?) otherwise it is not possible to get the success Unai is aiming for.

There are zero question marks about Unai’s motivation and ambition, it’s Felix’s that worry me 

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I feel a song coming on..

He went to Barca, and dropped his wages there

He came to Villa and did the same again

He's f***ing magic and don't you f***ing know... etc 

The fat bloke from Take That is for sure looking over his shoulder

or maybe not! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not at all, we don’t know the full details. Kind of like the season just gone, we weren’t even expected to achieve that back then. It was a big achievement. And we probably didn’t have the finances either. Fair bit has changed since Unai arrived…

Don’t think we would even try or open negotiations if we had major concerns… I have a lot of faith in Unai and Monchi.

Woudl we expect another top player or “name” to join us at the level we were then? Would, I don’t know, Nico Williams have entertained a move to us back then? We could make a long list 😆

As another poster said somewhere deep in this thread, better to find these players on their way up, than their way down.

1 minute ago, macandally said:

I don’t doubt Unai’s confidence in his and his coaches ability.  If he didn’t think he could get a tune out of him he wouldn’t pursue him.

That said, the player needs to be invested in the same way (Duran?) otherwise it is not possible to get the success Unai is aiming for.

There are zero question marks about Unai’s motivation and ambition, it’s Felix’s that worry me 

Again, you’re entitled to your opinion and it is fair enough. I’m glad we are having a calm debate rather than an argument - that’s usually the norm on here.

Respect the way you see it, my view is different. Thats all. 

Luckily, it’s not us that have to do the worrying. Much more qualified people to assess and decide on these things 😂

-

Duran was more of a Lange signing than Emery btw. Was already scouted and maybe even negotiated before Unai arrived, he approved it but he never even heard of him beforehand.

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

You don’t expect it brother but if his wages demands don’t fall into our structure then he’s not coming anyway, my point was just in regards to him not being a money grabber and chasing the dough. 

you can be interested in a project and ideal and still not take the opportunity till you see it running and in action. Maybe we’re at the point now where he’s like “I’ve seen enough” to prove that we’re not just a flash in the pan and I’m ok with that, some players want to play at the highest levels CL and UEFA cup. I’d rather have a player that has appetite to want bigger and better things for himself and the team than a pine warmer that collects a pay check and goes through the motions and is unemotional if he misses a short or fails to make a tournament.

For all his amazing skills and talents there is his flaws though and I can well truly see why your questioning the transfer but I believe Unai can improve on those with his coaching and belief in the player. 

time will tell brother 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, macandally said:

You contradicted yourself there by saying they wanted a proven top quality attacker and then naming Felix! 

Not really. Felix would be a huge coup if we got him, he would transform our attack under Emery.

Just now, macandally said:

As another poster said somewhere deep in this thread, better to find these players on their way up, than their way down.

There’s plenty of upside left to Felix yet… he’s only 24. If Unai unlocks him, we may see his peak at the Villa!!

This is no Coutinho and that is one of the laziest and stupidest comparisons I’ve seen. Disrespectful to Unai too.

Tbh, I’m a bit tired of all the negative takes or vibes and a lot of stuff is just made up really with no factual evidence or based in any reality. Some people just don’t seem to like him for some bizarre and unknown reason. Actively do not want this to happen even though/if Unai does…

Don’t mean offence, but some people also live in the past with some of their views. A lot has changed.

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

Personally I’d prefer them going dowwwnnn.

If he did come to Villa then it might encourage others to sign who otherwise wouldn't.

I'm not saying that Villa should sign Felix on the basis of that as I have my doubts about his temperament but it might be an unseen bonus?

5 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

You don’t expect it brother but if his wages demands don’t fall into our structure then he’s not coming anyway, my point was just in regards to him not being a money grabber and chasing the dough. 

you can be interested in a project and ideal and still not take the opportunity till you see it running and in action. Maybe we’re at the point now where he’s like “I’ve seen enough” to prove that we’re not just a flash in the pan and I’m ok with that, some players want to play at the highest levels CL and UEFA cup. I’d rather have a player that has appetite to want bigger and better things for himself and the team than a pine warmer that collects a pay check and goes through the motions and is unemotional if he misses a short or fails to make a tournament.

For all his amazing skills and talents there is his flaws though and I can well truly see why your questioning the transfer but I believe Unai can improve on those with his coaching and belief in the player. 

time will tell brother 

My guy 💪

Smashing it with your points!

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Again, you’re entitled to your opinion and it is fair enough. I’m glad we are having a calm debate rather than an argument - that’s usually the norm on here.

Respect the way you see it, my view is different. Thats all. 

Luckily, it’s not us that have to do the worrying. Much more qualified people to assess and decide on these things 😂

-

Duran was more of a Lange signing than Emery btw. Was already scouted and maybe even negotiated before Unai arrived, he approved it but he never even heard of him beforehand.

If we were having this conversation at VP, we wouldn’t be throwing punches so why be different on here (although by my own admission there are one or two drama queens who light my touch-paper!)

You would think Felix is interested, so this may move forward but I am also hopeful that the moment there is a sniff of ego or self entitlement we walk away!

We would likely never know why it didn’t happen, but my feeling would be that it would Mochi/Emery going cold on it due to how the conversation went 

Just now, CroVillan said:

I’m just a shy guy

the kinda guy……

spacer.png

No wonder you said I have a big nose… you don’t even have one!!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

There’s plenty of upside left to Felix yet… he’s only 24. If Unai unlocks him, we may see his peak at the Villa!!

This is no Coutinho and that is one of the laziest and stupidest comparisons I’ve seen. Disrespectful to Unai too.

Tbh, I’m a bit tired of all the negative takes or vibes and a lot of stuff is just made up really with no factual evidence or based in any reality. Some people just don’t seem to like him for some bizarre and unknown reason. Actively do not want this to happen even though/if Unai does…

Don’t mean offence, but some people also live in the past with some of their views. A lot has changed.

I haven’t trotted out any of those, I am capable of generating my own thoughts! I just think that he sees himself above Aston Villa, did last year and may still do this year.

The worst case for me are we are his last option, that won’t help us or him and instead of Athleti, it will be us carrying the baggage

Edited by macandally

1 minute ago, macandally said:

If we were having this conversation at VP, we wouldn’t be throwing punches so why be different on here (although by my own admission there are one or two drama queens who light my touch-paper!)

You would think Felix is interested, so this may move forward but I am also hopeful that the moment there is a sniff of ego or self entitlement we walk away!

We would likely never know why it didn’t happen, but my feeling would be that it would Mochi/Emery going cold on it due to how the conversation went 

I just hope that when/if this move happens, we don’t see the same doubts or negativity and at least give this a chance and give him time to impress or settle/adjust. Embrace it rather than keep an eye out for anything to jump on.

Sometimes people just want things to fail to satisfy their own ego and view, it’s madness.

I don’t care if I’m wrong, all I care about is the success and progress of Aston Villa FC… and Unai’s happiness 😁

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â