João Félix

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Finally, been waiting for this. Have all my likes.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree, with much of that…..my observations still hover around, why did the Felix camp and the Atletico camp, get the fit so wrong, considering the financial sums, were so great?….this was a monumental, cock up….and no third party is coming to the rescue, to bail that out.

This has now arrived at , damage limitation for both parties, and I suspect our camp is waiting to see that is central, in any negotiations.

We have to clear here, no one doubts his ability….it’s his effectiveness, is the doubtful partner..and his ability to call on his skill set, consistently, which has folk like me sceptical.

There comes a time, in these situations, where solutions are rare, but trade offs compensate…..that is the likely outcome, if all parties are to be satisfied.

However, I will be the first to recognise, if Unai and Joao think that a success can be made, fine…..but the risk factor, has to be reflective in the deal.

Broke this down exquisitely 👏🏽, this is the go to statement on the Felix situation,  anything other is based on pure emotion only.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Is this the same Steve Nicol that reckons Ollie is desperate to sign for Chelsea? 

He's been encouraged by stupid people in the USA who watch ESPN and think having a Scottish accent makes you earnest and wise.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Unai turned McGinn, Watkins, Bailey, Konsa  into top class performers… with arguably less talent at his disposal.

Each of these players was written off at some point or other or deemed simply not good enough… there were even calls for sales.

Imagine what he can do with someone like Felix…

The raw materials and appetite were there with those you have listed, it was a case of harnessing and giving it focus.

It’s talent, the question marks about Felix are around attitude, application and hunger (particularly given the finances) 

I cannot shake the view that if he came here, it would be only while he finds another “trophy” club. If he really wanted Villa, he would have been here last year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I think once we sell Diaby and Duran we will get one big signing in attack. Could be Felix or someone else, I just think they know they are losing a lot there and hence the strong links to Felix. They want a proven top quality attacker.

You contradicted yourself there by saying they wanted a proven top quality attacker and then naming Felix! 

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

The raw materials and appetite were there with those you have listed, it was a case of harnessing and giving it focus.

It’s talent, the question marks about Felix are around attitude, application and hunger (particularly given the finances) 

I cannot shake the view that if he came here, it would be only while he finds another “trophy” club. If he really wanted Villa, he would have been here last year.  

I understand your hesitation and being cautious towards the lad but having watched a fair deal of games of the player he’s not lazy. 

yes he may be a player that is a little cocky and arrogant but I don’t mind that on the field. He dropped wages to an absolutely ridiculous level to try and get playing time and prove himself. 
Tbf he didn’t join us last year as we weren’t Champions league bound and still very young in our season and progression under Unai. 

he’ll be a quality signing under Unai and his tutelage and maybe just needs a little live from his coach to harness that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Probably not a stretch to say that many accused Leon of similar problems… it went as far as hate for some, which was ridiculous.

Other than the fallout with Simeone, there have been no reports or details regarding any personality or attitude issues. No negative “revelations” to speak of…

Hunger… there may be something there but there may be mitigating circumstances (huge move and fee at a young age, big pressure) but that’s something that can be worked on. Actually, maybe that shouldn’t be questioned either when he accepted 6k pw to go to Barcelona and played plenty of games/minutes… also willing to move abroad and try a new league, language and culture when he went to Chelsea 🤷‍♂️

Strikes me as someone who needs the right manager and environment to thrive… 

It’s enough for me that Unai wants him, and that gets me excited too.

In terms of not joining us earlier… not surprising that a player who has/had built a big reputation and was widely lauded at one time would not want to move to a club that was struggling to get into European competition, let alone CL. Not like we had the anticipated/expected stage for him to perform on back then. Don’t begrudge him that personally…

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Where’s the Translator! 

We like him and have started negotiations, we have more money now we’ve sold Diaby.  Barca also like him but aren’t going to spend loads of money on him so they’re not really pursuing it. Emery really wants him.

That’s about it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â