João Félix

Delphinho123

Posted (edited)

My guess is Emery wants Felix particularly to help defeat low blocks. I honestly think that's the main reason. Our experiences last year against too many euro-crap clubs and relegation-fodder who managed nonetheless to hold us off by stopping up the goal drain had to be super frustrating for Emery. He thinks he can get Felix to break up these blocks by working the "small spaces" and unlocking room for Ollie. If that happens, it's worth it.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'll be happy and never doubt a signing again. I'm just certain it won't. 

Look… you need to devote your energy to something more constructive… like getting rid of your favourite player: Leander Dendoncker.

Please 🙏

Just now, Jas10 said:

Unai turned McGinn, Watkins, Bailey, Konsa  into top class performers… with arguably less talent at his disposal.

Each of these players was written off at some point or other or deemed simply not good enough… there were even calls for sales.

Imagine what he can do with someone like Felix…

Hopefully and if anyone can do it it’s him. Still feeling sceptical about this, all deals won’t work out for us sadly even though we have the king.

His underlying numbers look good which is what we’re probably looking at but the atletico fans describe him as physically weak, lacking determination etc.

But like I said IF we sign him Unai is the man to get the best out of him, if he and Monchi are confident in this deal then let’s wait and see.

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

My guess is Emery wants Felix particularly to help defeat low blocks. I honestly think that's the main reason. Our experiences last year against too many euro-crap clubs and relegation-fodder who managed nonetheless to hold us off by stopping up the goal drain had to be super frustrating for Emery. He thinks he can get Felix to break up these blocks by working the "small spaces" and unlocking room for Ollie. If that happens, it's worth it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Look… you need to devote your energy to something more constructive… like getting rid of your favourite player: Leander Dendoncker.

Please 🙏

Everyone on this thread needs to do the same ! 😊 

I'm fairly certain Donk will leave on a loan. Club will probably have to cover some of his wages 

Felix on the other hand....

Fuhgeddaboudit!!

Just now, bose said:

Hopefully and if anyone can do it it’s him. Still feeling sceptical about this, all deals won’t work out for us sadly even though we have the king.

His underlying numbers look good which is what we’re probably looking at but the atletico fans describe him as physically weak, lacking determination etc.

But like I said IF we sign him Unai is the man to get the best out of him, if he and Monchi are confident in this deal then let’s wait and see.

Yep.

Let’s not forget the criticism (not to mention the hate and vitriol) aimed at Bailey and look what he has become…

Was there a better or more dangerous winger or forward (not striker/CF) in the PL last season?

McGinn was derided and slated during the SG era… Unai transformed him and improved him in every sense. Our heartbeat.

Watkins… so many doubts, so much criticism, he’s one of the top CFs around now.

Look at Konsa now…one of the best defenders in the league.

Will be bloody exciting to see what Unai can do with Joao… if it happens. 

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yep I totally agree! He’s stated just that in a recent video posted on here. Free flowing teams we competed against well barring Palace and Newcastle. His ball control and dribbling between players and lines is next level. He’s a game changer for me, thankfully Unai agrees. Would love to get this over the line.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Kind of like what Zaniolo was meant to do, but didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Everyone on this thread needs to do the same ! 😊 

I'm fairly certain Donk will leave on a loan. Club will probably have to cover some of his wages 

Felix on the other hand....

Fuhgeddaboudit!!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If you can't apply yourself playing for the biggest clubs in the world, he's not going to at a lesser club.  He'll be a big fish in a smaller pond (in his head).

Who said he didn’t apply himself?

19 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Steve Nicol is having a good day when both brain cells are functioning.

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Who said he didn’t apply himself?

The answer to anyone who claims that is:

Up your arse and to the left.

Nothing came out of Barca or even Chelsea about a bad attitude or lack of work ethic. Barca actually would’ve kept him if finances allowed it and they weren’t so hot on Williams and Olmo. They also carry almost 3 million euros of debt.

The new manager, Hansi Flick, is a fan too.

But not as much as Unai 😆

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Look at Konsa now…one of the best defenders in the league.

Konsa was already good before Unai got here. He just had a bad year in 2021-22. Unai might deserve a little credit for getting him back on track, but that year was probably just a blip anyway.

Just now, TomC said:

Konsa was already good before Unai got here. He just had a bad year in 2021-22. Unai might deserve a little credit for getting him back on track, but that year was probably just a blip anyway.

Not gonna argue with that, but he has taken and is taking all of these players to new heights. The blip was SG’s fault, clown selected Chambers ahead of him!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â