João Félix

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I haven't got a clue about company accounts, but hypothetically if Felix signed for us for £50 million and had a £125,000 per week contract, if he or the club were unhappy after two years at the age of 26 if we sold him on for (say) £35 million, that would seem to be the equivalent of having loaned a potentially top star footballer for £7.5 million per season, while paying a manageable salary. That may well be seen by our club as a very reasonable use of our resources.

Unless he's 100% determined to leave Atletico, that's a rather low estimate on his potential wage here.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Unless he's 100% determined to leave Atletico, that's a rather low estimate on his potential wage here.

That's true duke, but I was speaking hypothetically. As I said, I haven't got a clue about company accounts but I guess that we may have an absolute ceiling of perhaps £150,000 pw for a major incoming player. Any more than that would stretch the wage bill unreasonably and may cause internal problems with other key players. That's why I used a ballpark "Digne" figure.

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

We're either stalling to get Atletico and Felix to reduce their demands, or this entire thing is a smokescreen from Monchi.

I think Emery has shown his hand and made it clear he admires and wants him here. We’re balls deep into Felix

Edited by CroVillan
  • Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

It’s happening!! 😍🥳

It might not happen. But I think everyone can now agree we are trying to make it happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

In 2019 when Felix became one of the world's most expensive players and also became one of football's highest earners, the seeds of his future career downfall were sown. He had to justify that enormous financial investment or suffer the consequences of being unsellable if he failed to live up to the hype.

Due to either wrong advice from his agent and advisors or being blinded by money and joining the wrong club, he was eventually left floundering in a team that had evolved to play defensive negative football, set up for grinding out 1-0 wins. By the time he fell out with the dour and obstinate Diego Simeone, there was literally nowhere to go because no other club were willing (or able?) to pay the outrageous sums necessary to allow Atletico to sell him. His coach didn't like him and the president of his club questioned his attitude and motivation. It wasn't all Felix's fault, it was a combination of a 19 year old having an enormous financial weight hung around his neck, and a young man's inability to adjust to demands of a coach and a team that demanded physicality and work rate ahead of finesse and fluidity.

Where does he go from here? In my opinion he is at a clear crossroads in his career. He has to accept that his stratospheric wages are crippling his future prospects and be prepared to take a big pay cut to join a club that plays his style of football in order to fit into that club's existing pay structure, or he can accept obscurity as a perpetual loan player while seeing out his current contract with Atletico which expires in the summer of 2029!

If his motivation is still money then future loans or Saudi football might be his only realistic outlets, but for a young man who clearly enjoys a cosmopolitan lifestyle and can play top quality football when fully motivated, that would be a shame.

If Villa were to buy him it should only happen on the basis that both his transfer fee and wages were reasonable enough to allow us to sell him on if he became disenchanted with PL football (and Birmingham) in a couple of years time. He's still only 24, so with the right financial structure he would become more of an asset than a fiscal liability.

I agree, with much of that…..my observations still hover around, why did the Felix camp and the Atletico camp, get the fit so wrong, considering the financial sums, were so great?….this was a monumental, cock up….and no third party is coming to the rescue, to bail that out.

This has now arrived at , damage limitation for both parties, and I suspect our camp is waiting to see that is central, in any negotiations.

We have to clear here, no one doubts his ability….it’s his effectiveness, is the doubtful partner..and his ability to call on his skill set, consistently, which has folk like me sceptical.

There comes a time, in these situations, where solutions are rare, but trade offs compensate…..that is the likely outcome, if all parties are to be satisfied.

However, I will be the first to recognise, if Unai and Joao think that a success can be made, fine…..but the risk factor, has to be reflective in the deal.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The only one of those that was signed by Emery was Duran, and rumour was we were already tracking him anyway. And Duran is more than capable, just a bad attitude. It was a risk, one which we're very likely to make money on.

This is very different. Would Unai have got starry eyed and signed his mate Coutinho? Very doubtful, cos he's an adult that actually knows his stuff.

Hope you’re right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

It might not happen. But I think everyone can now agree we are trying to make it happen.

It was tongue in cheek but one thing is for sure brother.

that it’s happening 🥳💥🤣

4 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

It was tongue in cheek but one thing is for sure brother.

that it’s happening 🥳💥🤣

The white space warrior👍

27 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

It’s happening!! 😍🥳

I would be slightly, more encouraged, if we was the Dream target for him, as opposed to the other way around.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

He's Emery's number 1 choice 

Let’s just hope, we are his No1 choice……now.

that might warm me a bit.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I would be slightly, more encouraged, if we was the Dream target for him, as opposed to the other way around.

Firstly quickly edit “was” with “were” before Paul McGrath catches on. Secondly I totally agree there is talk that he’s opening to be idea but in reality as Big a club as we are we’re still not globally recognised as such. 
some players come here and go “wow, never realised Villa were such a massive and filled with tradition” it’s just how it is and I have no doubt with on field performances, CL and more exposure we’ll be looked at in the same light as Arse, Manure and the City’s of the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Firstly quickly edit “was” with “were” before Paul McGrath catches on. Secondly I totally agree there is talk that he’s opening to be idea but in reality as Big a club as we are we’re still not globally recognised as such. 
some players come here and go “wow, never realised Villa were such a massive and filled with tradition” it’s just how it is and I have no doubt with on field performances, CL and more exposure we’ll be looked at in the same light as Arse, Manure and the City’s of the world.

Sure….these things don’t happen over night, and I Do get the impression, we are being more widely talked about in the top circles.

we do have to do what we are doing consistently….and that can only come in the fullness of time.

Being linked seriously with high profile players, has to help.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sure….these things don’t happen over night, and I Do get the impression, we are being more widely talked about in the top circles.

we do have to do what we are doing consistently….and that can only come in time.

Being linked seriously with high profile players, has to help.

Tbf brother it’s happening quicker than most realise. The amount of Villa shirts I see around town in gyms, shopping centres is mind blowing compared to 5 years ago. My cousins catch up with groups of mates watching Premier League games with half wearing Villa shirts in small little donkey littered villages in Bosnia (most purchased by me mind you)  It’s real trust me. 

I’ll try and find a photo and post it from one of our most promising juniors in our glamorous Dinamo Zagreb institute wearing a Villa Shirt.

Do well in CL this year and promote our image and name globally like Heck has been recently and we’ll catch up to the rest rapido 

Edited by CroVillan
  • Thanks 1

Wonder if we can shift Digne to Saudi to follow Diaby and join Him, Benzema and Kante at All Ittihad … that right there frees up a billion pounds per year in wages 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why don't we do a swap deal Duran + 20m for Felix?  

I'm sure Simeone and Duran would get on a like a house on fire 🤣

I’d be totally down with that and in all fairness think he’d suit La Liga shit loads better than the Premier League

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Tbf brother it’s happening quicker than most realise. The amount of Villa shirts I see around town in gyms, shopping centres is mind blowing compared to 5 years ago. My cousins catch up groups of mates watching Premier League games with half wearing Villa shirts in small little donkey littered villages in Bosnia (most purchased by me mind you)  It’s real trust me. 

I’ll try and find a photo and post it from one of our most promising juniors in our glamorous Dinamo Zagreb institute wearing a Villa Shirt.

Do well in CL this year and promote our image and name globally like Heck has been recently and we’ll catch up to the rest rapido 

Enlightening, thanks.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â