João Félix

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If you had the choice who would you rather have in your team:

Philogene & Felix 
or
Diaby & Duran

Both good to be fair. Both have upside and some downsides.  We are lucky that this is the type of problem we face this Summer.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How is it a "dumb" argument 

Some really silly wording. If he gets injured you think archer can do what ollie does ?

Archer no, Rogers more so. Loads of clubs don't stock up on expensive players to stash away in case player x gets injured. You could argue City don't have a striker if Haaland was injured and they'd still keep winning because of their system and team as a whole. Arsenal barely play a regular striker

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Archer no, Rogers more so. Loads of clubs don't stock up on expensive players to stash away in case player x gets injured. You could argue City don't have a striker if Haaland was injured and they'd still keep winning because of their system and team as a whole. Arsenal barely play a regular striker

City have Alvarez though who played when Haaland was injured.  But other than City most teams don't have tow world class strikers anymore.  We either go someone young like Duran, or someone old who's happy to sit on the bench.

Edited by duke313

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

City have Alvarez though who played when Haaland was injured.  But other than City most teams don't have tow world class strikers anymore.  We either go someone young like Duran, or someone old who's happy to sit on the bench.

I was going to add Alvarez isn't a striker. He never has been. He's no more a striker than say Rogers, Bailey etc

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I was going to add Alvarez isn't a striker. He never has been. He's no more a striker than say Rogers, Bailey etc

He is a striker, he was a striker for River and was until Pep decided he'd play as a 10 when KDB got injured.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If this happens and he join us, are there still going to be doubts/complaints/negativity?

If this happens are people no longer allowed opinions other than positive ones if they disagree with you?

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Felix is a genius of a player that's been mishandled badly. He went to a defensive Atletico, simply because he wanted to stay close to home and family. This was widely reported. 

He then went to Chelsea, who are a joke.

And then to Barcelona who are an even bigger joke.

Well that would make me question him being called a genius at anything

You make this guy sound like a complete moron 😝

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Tbf though, Álvarez wants out.

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He wants to leave, apparently either for regular minutes (starter) or to be the main man (CF)… or a bigger contract 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Has to be a loan with option to buy if it happens far to many question marks around the whole thing, however really don't see it happening at all.

Same for me. No interest in a permanent deal at moment

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Tbf though, Álvarez wants out.

Which only further enforces the point that having two world class strikers isn't practical, even City can't keep both happy.

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

If this happens are people no longer allowed opinions other than positive ones if they disagree with you?

Steady on… I’m not forcing anyone to agree with me. Just having my say like everyone else… again, itching for arguments and conflicts here. I just asked the question.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If this happens and he join us, are there still going to be doubts/complaints/negativity?

Doubt it. It would be a marquee signing. 

It's just extremely unlikely to happen because of his wages. I think that is what the majority of fans are saying. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well that would make me question him being called a genius at anything

You make this guy sound like a complete moron 😝

😂 ok, you may have a point there. Can we blame his agent instead? 😂

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doubt it. It would be a marquee signing. 

It's just extremely unlikely to happen because of his wages. I think that is what the majority of fans are saying. 

Not really, some think he’s a busted flush (or not even any good) or assume he will fail and be a mistake. Been a common theme since he was first, ever mentioned.

Doubting whether Unai will even improve him too.

Oh well, we shall see.

All I’m really bothered about is that Unai wants him, and in that case I believe he will bring the best out of him - IF he joins.

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Has been a weird focus on here recently of the club cant be criticised at all and everything done is great

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has been a weird focus on here recently of the club cant be criticised at all and everything done is great

Really? Heck is regularly criticised. People are unhappy about much of what is going on away from the pitch.

Don’t think Unai deserves any doubt or criticism though, after all he has done. Revived and revitalised us, turned us into something special and repaired all of the damage that the Scouse clown did. Bloody got us CL football, something we could only ever dream about before…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Which only further enforces the point that having two world class strikers isn't practical, even City can't keep both happy.

True, true… not even world class though. Even just a striker that expects to start.

I mean, Ings wasn’t even any good but it disrupted Ollie and our team… don’t think either was happy to sit on the bench and we forced them to play together at the cost of the effectiveness of our team (and that blasted 5 at the back! 🤦‍♂️).

Also, Unai has barely ever played with two CFs (which could also be a factor in Duran’s complaints and eagerness to leave) or it ever really working for us.

We need to pay attention to how he sets the side up, Ollie needs a partner up there, not a competitor/challenger.

Edited by Jas10

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â