João Félix

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

He will take a paycut to ressurect his career and just maybe Emery rates him and feels he can get the best out of him.

If he did that it would show a lot about his character. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

The case of not many suitors, is off putting, in itself.
Do we know for sure Unai is really keen?

I would say Felix ability stirs the loins, but his work rate and consistency nullifies them.

Steve Nichol reckons, he is a player that can get managers the sack, I guess in our case that may not be so, however, I get his point.

Players, despite their ability, who have very iffy application, is like having a sharp knife, that is blunt after its first cut.

we are developing a young hungry, athletic outfit, the last thing we need is grumpy, non worker stinking the place out…and turning it on in bits and dabs.

That is the downside, the up side is a player, who can unlock defences and frighten the bee jades out of teams….burning question is, which one do we get.

I understand the gamble but 50mill don’t grow on trees, will such uncertainty surrounding this player, any savvy club would only accept a loan with an option to buy….the risk then might be worth taking, but I say again, as long as his attitude, does not upset the camp.

I guess our savvy staff, will come the right conclusion.

ps Williams all day long for me.

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He will take a paycut to ressurect his career and just maybe Emery rates him and feels he can get the best out of him.

He took a pay cut to join Barcelona because that’s his favourite team which is fair enough and his agent is trying to sort a deal there still. If he wants to also take a pay cut to come here that’s great too. Let’s just wait and see how it plays out. 

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

The case of not many suitors, is off putting, in itself.
Do we know for sure Unai is really keen?

I would say Felix ability stirs the loins, but his work rate and consistency nullifies them.

Steve Nichol reckons, he is a player that can get managers the sack, I guess in our case that may not be so, however, I get his point.

Players, despite their ability, who have very iffy application, is like having a sharp knife, that is blunt after its first cut.

we are developing a young hungry, athletic outfit, the last thing we need is grumpy, non worker stinking the place out…and turning it on in bits and dabs.

That is the downside, the up side is a player, who can unlock defences and frighten the bee jades out of teams….burning question is, which one do we get.

I understand the gamble but 50mill don’t grow on trees, will such uncertainty surrounding this player, any savvy club would only accept a loan with an option to buy….the risk then might be worth taking, but I say again, as long as his attitude, does not upset the camp.

I guess our savvy staff, will come the right conclusion.

ps Williams all day long for me.

Romano regularly mentions how much Unai likes him:

I’m surprised there is still the level of doubt and negativity around the player when we know there is interest there and our world class manager likes and wants the player - if a deal can be done. As I’ve mentioned many times, his salary has been reduced by 50% at Atletico until 2029, so it’s not mental as it used to be (whose fault was that, as well as the fee they paid for him? Think about the point that they may have always priced him out of a move due to the finances they lavished upon him at such a young age. Their fault, not his. And they have a maniac of a manager who has alway been abrasive and confrontational throughout his career, both as a player and manager).

If this happens and he join us, are there still going to be doubts/complaints/negativity?

That would be a shame, Unai deserves more faith and trust and it really should be something that should be embraced and generate excitement and positivity. Rather than waiting for points and faults to pick out… 

If it happens of course. But, like I’ve said, we’re all a bit hypocritical and very conditional on the “whatever Unai wants” or “trust in Unai” statements… the truth is, we all want things to go our way, no matter how much we deny it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

IF we are interested it was always going to be messy. Athletico will over value him and his wages are also too high for his ability level. Athletico are going to have to take a huge loss on him if they are to get rid, they are probably hoping they can ship him off to Saudi or PSG. A Loan with an option to buy is the best deal for us. 

A loan with an option to buy…..is the only condition in my view.

Why did he ever go to A Madrid, knowing the type of football they and their manager is renowned for, and gets a surprise, when he gets there….not a good sign for a cute player to make.

I get particularly frustrated with comments like genius, when he can only do it in flashes, and spends much of the time, trying to emulate that genius…..in music they call them one hit wonders….I want a Lennon or McCartney.

If we want any notion of success, consistency has to be right up there, with the priorities…..flashy, fly-by -nights, won’t take us there.

I think many fans have had their heads turned by his momentary, exquisite abilities, but that now and again, is no he help on a cold, wet Wednesday night in the North east, where only consistently committed operators, survive.

Talent is wonderful, don’t get me wrong, but it has to accompanied, by other factors to be worthwhile….in this case, it’s uncertain.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

Aston Villa are in the race to sign João Félix and, according to the Spanish press, the English club already have room to invest in Portuguese international. This is because Moussa Diaby is close to joining Al Ittihad for almost 60 M€.

Rui Costa confirmed in Switzerland that negotiations are underway for João Félix, as is the case with Renato Sanches.

However, the English club is determined to divert 24-year-old Félix to the Premier League. The player himself is looking forward to this possibility, as he can play in a top league and in the Champions League

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-betclic/benfica/detalhe/aston-villa-ataca-joao-felix 

Recycled from sources in the Spanish press so let’s see if there’s more coverage in the Portuguese press Jovi it forward. 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we have to be realistic ollie iant going to play 50-60 games this year esp aftee playing in euros. There will have to be rotation 

He will play the majority and we won't play 2 strikers so talk of Toney is utterly pointless besides the fact he's a bad character we don't need

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He will play the majority and we won't play 2 strikers so talk of Toney is utterly pointless besides the fact he's a bad character we don't need

All it takes is a injury and then your argument is flawed.

Bad charchter i dont know what hw is like behind the scenes but seems like a bit of a bellend at times. But wasnt grealish? As long as he delivers on the pitch

Personally i would prefer tammy

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Bad charchter i dont know what hw is like behind the scenes but seems like a bit of a bellend at times. But wasnt grealish? As long as he delivers on the pitch

Tammy is shit since first 3rd of last season at Chelsea. Why aren't City or any club buying Toney just in case all it takes is an injury to Haaland etc. Such a dumb argument to spend a fortune on a player we don't need

• Like 1

Has to be a loan with option to buy if it happens far to many question marks around the whole thing, however really don't see it happening at all.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If you had the choice who would you rather have in your team:

Philogene & Felix 
or
Diaby & Duran

Philogene and Felix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If this happens and he join us, are there still going to be doubts/complaints/negativity

This is VT, I think there's someone on here who called (calls) Bailey, Buendia, Diaby, Luiz etc shit at every opportunity?

Can't imagine Felix will be immune. My own doubts about it would be th cost in terms of wages and the danger of then our wage structure getting skewed even higher once we have a massive earner...

On the football side, if Emery thinks he's special then I bet he could get a tune out of Felix in the 10 role.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like you want a Brexit team.

We need proper players now, for Unai in CL.

But starting CFs won’t come here to be backup to Ollie, think we will look for a more versatile option or maybe a youngster to replace Duran.

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Tammy is shit since first 3rd of last season at Chelsea. Why aren't City or any club buying Toney just in case all it takes is an injury to Haaland etc. Such a dumb argument to spend a fortune on a player we don't need

How is it a "dumb" argument 

Some really silly wording. If he gets injured you think archer can do what ollie does ?

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

This is VT, I think there's someone on here who called (calls) Bailey, Buendia, Diaby, Luiz etc shit at every opportunity?

Can't imagine Felix will be immune. My own doubts about it would be th cost in terms of wages and the danger of then our wage structure getting skewed even higher once we have a massive earner...

On the football side, if Emery thinks he's special then I bet he could get a tune out of Felix in the 10 role.

For me, I’m only interested if Unai is - and that certainly seems to be the case.

I would love an Álvarez or an Olmo… but if this is the player Unai wants (that really should dispel complaints/doubts/negativity) and admires, then I’m all for it and want him to join. I have full faith in and admiration for him and no doubts… Unai is the one.

As for what anyone on here thinks, in this case:

spacer.png

I think it’s really disrespectful to compare this to SG and/or Coutinho too… and misguided.

That was a Scouse clown spoofer who signed a player way past his best, his old mate, and an injury prone one who often broke down at that.

This is a world class, elite manager signing a young talent with loads to offer at such a young age and no injury concerns. He can unlock that potential and set his career back on track.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's either a good deal or no deal.

For that reason I think he'd likely be incredible here.

Maybe our faith in the management and ownership is being tested here… and what we really think being exposed.

I trust our manager to identify and improve the right players and I trust our recruitment team to do sensible and affordable deals that won’t harm or burden us. 

We all say Unai should get what he wants and we trust him… it appears we are trying to do that now but people are focussing on negatives and raising doubts and concerns and making silly comparisons.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â