João Félix

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Anyone else think this is a smoke screen for someone else coming in?

Olmo or Alvarez? 😃

Don’t think this is over anyway, sounds like we want an initial loan and pay a share of the wages and organise a permanent deal for next season. No room in our wage budget was what I saw yesterday… a few sales would change that too.

Negotiations will probably continue… and Atletico might get desperate before the week is up. Neither party wants to reunite for preseason.

Just now, TRO said:

Have you seen him play?

Yea I have, a bit of rabbit on speed but finds himself in good positions and killer boot on him. But on the shorter side but links up well and huge upgrade on say an Archer

So it was utter crap as usual. Just goes to show how useless these ITK folks are. It would've been a risky purchase anyways, especially financially and I think the club learnt their lesson from Coutinho. 

There's more viable options out there with less risk. 

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Just because Atletico overpaid for him and he wasn't a player suited to the way their Coach wants to play doesn't mean he isn't a quality player and worth the 40-50m we'd spend on him. He seems willing to drop wage demands to play football and get his career back on track. By what I read his new contract with Atletico cut his wages from 2024 onwards. 

So why doesn’t the club, where he wants to go buy him?

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we can’t afford 45m Félix, we ain’t affording 70m Alvarez.

Dw, we’re getting Felix. That tweet only said “as of today”. Everything changes tomorrow 😁

From what I’ve seen, it’s not the fee that’s so much the issue but the lack of capacity on our wage budget for the moment. We need to sell more players, starting with Duran.

59m is what I saw for Álvarez and he has requested a reasonable sale price so he can get away… will be add ons of course. But it might be similar to the Diaby sale…

Maybe we take Felix and Atletico take Alvarez.

We shall see… exciting anyway. First time we’ve seemingly had a chance with such players.

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

So it was utter crap as usual. Just goes to show how useless these ITK folks are. It would've been a risky purchase anyways, especially financially and I think the club learnt their lesson from Coutinho. 

I do think there’s interest. But it probably served Monchi’s negotiating tactics to make it publicly as we work on other targets.

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

For us Florian Wirtz

For Donk Man Utd

I don’t wind our fans up any more…

but Man U fans world be funny. 

“Dendonker has been sounded out by Erik Ten Hag himself as a potential replacement to Scott McTominay. Ten Hag was impressed by Dendonker’s training at Naploi and is keen to work with him in the future”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

So why doesn’t the club, where he wants to go buy him?

Because they can't afford to buy him. They had him on loan and he took a massive massive pay cut to play for them. 

18 minutes ago, Awol said:

Felix is going to be our odegaard or Fernandes, that creative force that dictates and shapes the play. 

He’ll also bring out the best in other intelligent players when they get used to each other. Easily our most creative player since Grealish. 

Keep fighting the good fight 👊 

6 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Hahahaha you can’t be serious brother. Even stating that and comparing the two is comical.

I wasn’t comparing the two…..I was merely illustrating the fact, that Unai cannot cure every players character.

I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on that…..and chose to compare their footballing ability.

Just now, TRO said:

I wasn’t comparing the two…..I was merely illustrating the fact, that Unai cannot cure every players character.

I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on that…..and chose to compare their footballing ability.

Oh I apologise. My bad 😘

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

None of them said he was definitely coming, just that we wanted to try and get him if we can get a deal within our budget.  Looks like we can't so we move on but I'm not sure they were talking crap at all.  

18 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

This is what I’m saying Tayls, I’ve watched him numerous times (probably watch football wee too much) and an unmotivated player he is not. He has his flaws I agree and things to work on but the kid is magic. Without repeating myself he has attributes no other player on our squad comes close to. Yes he most certainly does have a swagger and slight arrogance to him but couldn’t give two rats if gels with his team mates and follows Unai’s instructions. 
The clincher for me is that Unai wants him. If the man thinks he can work with him and improve a few flaws then I’m so down because there’s not a chance in hell Monchi nor Unai would be purchasing a player they thought was too hard basket and unable to coach. 

watch his game against Villarreal 2 or 3 years ago for Atletico literally had my mouth open the whole game in awe. Hope all is well

You too mate 👊

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Because they can't afford to buy him. They had him on loan and he took a massive massive pay cut to play for them. 

But they could find the money for, williams?

funny that.

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who would be the funniest, yet most realistic link 

Hmm… dunno about funniest (Manure?) but realistic, I’ll go with Everton. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â