João Félix

Delphinho123

I believe he’ll be an astute signing. Unai loves the kid and can see him shifting the needle for Villa. 
there’s movements, skills and vision that only a very small select few have and he’s one of them. 

• Like 3

One of the biggest underrated, things in football, is workrate….Talent alone doesn’t, always compensate for it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He is on about £225k at Athletico, not sure how much pay cut he is willing to take. We need to stay away from signings like that.

Usually I’m against getting big/fancy names. I’ve never been interested with what’s called (marquee signing). But this is different. 
His fall out was with Simone who’s hard to deal with, he showed he can take pay cut to revive his career (so no issues regarding desire). Already had his dream by playing in Barca and now will focus in his own career. Not many competitors so we can push for a good deal. His wage demands won’t be as high, since he already reduced his current contract. We’re one of the few clubs that play and depend on SS. So he’s perfect in that aspect. 
He won’t be in his own, he’ll probably rotate with Rogers. So we already have a replacement just incase. 
Most signings I’ve seen failing are the SS position. Because most managers doesn’t really play them, yet they try to utilize them which sometimes affects their whole career. 
Felix, Haverts come to my mind right now but many more. 

Just now, TRO said:

One of the biggest underrated, things in football, is workrate….Talent alone doesn’t, always compensate for it.

Work rate is one of my concerns which I would consider to be a part of his character… there is no way he gets away with being lazy here. McGinn will be screaming at him constantly. 

• Like 1

Just as we have  to trust in Monchi and Emery in selling Diaby after one season. We have to trust them  if they want to sign Felix. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Work rate is one of my concerns which I would consider to be a part of his character… there is no way he gets away with being lazy here. McGinn will be screaming at him constantly. 

Tayls where do you get lack of work rate with this guy? Interested. I’ve watched him in numerous games and I can tell you lack of work rate is most definitely not one of them. 
inability to finish sometimes yes I agree but work rate is not one of them. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If this rumour turned out to be Bonafide….I fear unai’s reputation would be more on the line than the player’s.

Athletico are desperate to recover their money…..if he was as good as some profess, a loan with an option to buy, would not be resisted, by them.

Whoever buys him, will have a” pig in a poke”

Unai got us champions league football, his reputation will be fine. My concern is financially it's a risk, and I worry if Felix will be motivated. I still don't see it happening though. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s not an easy problem to solve….how many times over the years, have we tried to remedy it without success.

why take the risk?

where there is a risk like this, most savvy clubs will only agree to a loan with an option….unless the fee is ridiculously low.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Just as we have  to trust in Monchi and Emery in selling Diaby after one season. We have to trust them  if they want to sign Felix. 

I have to agree…..I guess.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Usually I’m against getting big/fancy names. I’ve never been interested with what’s called (marquee signing). But this is different. 
His fall out was with Simone who’s hard to deal with, he showed he can take pay cut to revive his career (so no issues regarding desire). Already had his dream by playing in Barca and now will focus in his own career. Not many competitors so we can push for a good deal. His wage demands won’t be as high, since he already reduced his current contract. We’re one of the few clubs that play and depend on SS. So he’s perfect in that aspect. 
He won’t be in his own, he’ll probably rotate with Rogers. So we already have a replacement just incase. 
Most signings I’ve seen failing are the SS position. Because most managers doesn’t really play them, yet they try to utilize them which sometimes affects their whole career. 
Felix, Haverts come to my mind right now but many more. 

Aren't all demanding managers hard to deal with? Emery is very demanding.

Biggest problem with signing players like that is motivation for me. He already played as you said on the biggest stage for his dream club. I can't see playing for Villa to excite or motivate him.

If we want to catch up with these biggest clubs we need to be signing up and coming players with potential to become great. Not their luxury rejects.

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

If we want to catch up with these biggest clubs we need to be signing up and coming players with potential to become great. Not their luxury rejects.

We’re doing that also, we can’t solely do that or we’ll struggle as Chelsea did last season.

I’m on the fence re Felix tho.

3 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

Don't really get the hype around him. Seems to be more based around the fact Atleti spunked 130€m on him. Since he made that move he's averaged 6 goals and under 3 assists a season. That's a pretty meagre return and not a player I'd want us to break our wage structure for, particularly as we have to get our wage to income ratio down.

He's had limited game time since he joined Athleti, so his overall goals and assists are fairly low, but his stats per 90, particularly for shots, goals and xG are all 95+ percentile. He's also a proven Champions League goalscorer (10 goals) and his overall record in La Liga, in spite of having been deemed a failure, has still resulted in 49 goal involvements in 126 games. For comparison, Leon Bailey, who we were excited to sign from the Bundesliga, got 49 G&A in 119 league appearances for Leverkusen. So if Felix can do very similar numbers to that despite having been out of favour with the manager at Athletico Madrid, then I think we need to trust Unai if he think he can improve Felix's game and get him to fulfill his potential. So, a risky outlay potentially, but also one with very high upsides if Emery can work his magic.

14 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Tayls where do you get lack of work rate with this guy? Interested. I’ve watched him in numerous games and I can tell you lack of work rate is most definitely not one of them. 
inability to finish sometimes yes I agree but work rate is not one of them. 

I reckon he will think he’s above us, and will play as such. There’s an arrogance there that I’m not convinced by. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of player they will run and run and put his body on the line to block a shot. I haven’t seen much of him, in fairness, only for Portugal a few times - and each time I have never quite understood the hype. 

But, he’s a ‘big name’ now, and as many have said, if Emery is sure about him, then that’s good enough for me! 

Edited by Tayls

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

One of the biggest underrated,

things in football,

is workrate…

Talent alone doesn’t,

always compensate for it.

Beautiful poem TRO

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He might be relatively young still, but his value has been plummeting down since his initial transfer to Athletico. Non of the loans he did well enough in to address this trend. Now Athletico want to get rid before his value drops even lower.

Another bad spell at Villa and we would struggle to ship him for decent money even to Saudi.

Just because Atletico overpaid for him and he wasn't a player suited to the way their Coach wants to play doesn't mean he isn't a quality player and worth the 40-50m we'd spend on him. He seems willing to drop wage demands to play football and get his career back on track. By what I read his new contract with Atletico cut his wages from 2024 onwards. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â