João Félix

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Any player, with talent, but a questionable work rate…..is a no no for me.

too many opponents with talent and graft, are hard to over come.

thankfully this management is fully aware of that.

It’s often been my Achilles heel. 

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Unless we go with a year long loan with an option to buy.

My understanding is Athletico don’t want that, because the likely outcome is he would be sent back.

They want someone else to underwrite, their ****up.

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

The word is Athletico want to finally get rid of him and don't want any more loans.

We wanted to sell Coutinho too. If no one is willing to pay their asking price, what else can they do? 

7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

The word is Athletico want to finally get rid of him and don't want any more loans.

That should be an alert, for any savvy buyer.

Just now, thejoker said:

We wanted to sell Coutinho too. If no one is willing to pay their asking price, what else can they do? 

Nothing, but we should stay away from a player like that even more so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Once bitten…………

3 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

Don't really get the hype around him. Seems to be more based around the fact Atleti spunked 130€m on him. Since he made that move he's averaged 6 goals and under 3 assists a season. That's a pretty meagre return and not a player I'd want us to break our wage structure for, particularly as we have to get our wage to income ratio down.

Stats itself don’t show the whole story. Grealish stats at City are bad, actually last season with us El Ghazi scored more than him, Traore had 7/7 g/A. There are a lot of factors to be considered.

Undoubtedly a very talented player if a little inconsistent. I think there's always going to be a bit of inconsistency with creative players though but you need 1 or 2 in your team because they can be match winners.

You don't win the golden boy award without having something about you and he's still got time on his side at 24 to improve and add consistency to him game.

Basically for me though if Unai wants him I hope we get him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Too risky and surely better options to be had…

If this transfer goes bad - we’re potentially in a £60 million FFP hole and 125k/week wages for up to 5 years with no way to move the player on.

Oh and the excuse that it’s a Simeone issue is also gone making any potential future transfer even more unsavoury.

Would set us back years, right when we’re looking to make the next big step.

If any transfer goes bad... its the same right? 

Felix is young enough (Only 1 year older than Jacob Ramsey) and bigger enough name to ship to Saudi if it does go wrong. But that is negative thinking. 
Plus its Euros not pounds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Good point!

😁 I put something in the wrong thread then moved over to the right thread only to find that Jas had beaten me to it (Mario Hermoso liking Villa posts on Instagram)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Anyone else think this is a smoke screen for someone else coming in?

Yes Ferran Torres of Barcelona 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, juteface said:

Well, if Emery gets him playing well then he can be sold on at profit. I can't imagine him reaching the levels he was hyped to but he can certainly perform better than he did at Chelsea. It's risky if we're dumping a load of money on this but I suspect it won't be as big as expected.

I don’t think he was even bad at Chelsea. He was one of their best players every time I saw them (to be honest not saying much about them that season). However before getting Lampard they were atleast performing better. 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

😁 I put something in the wrong thread then moved over to the right thread only to find that Jas had beaten me to it (Mario Hermoso liking Villa posts on Instagram)

You can hide posts! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If any transfer goes bad... its the same right? 

Felix is young enough (Only 1 year older than Jacob Ramsey) and bigger enough name to ship to Saudi if it does go wrong. But that is negative thinking. 
Plus its Euros not pounds.

He might be relatively young still, but his value has been plummeting down since his initial transfer to Athletico. Non of the loans he did well enough in to address this trend. Now Athletico want to get rid before his value drops even lower.

Another bad spell at Villa and we would struggle to ship him for decent money even to Saudi.

21 minutes ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Anyone else think this is a smoke screen for someone else coming in?

I hope so

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â