João Félix

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Diaby did 1 tackle last season? 

Diaby passes attempted 8 ?

That dont seem right to me

No, the middle stats are the average per 90, on the right is the percentile they find themselves in relative to other players in their position (the higher the better, basically).

So Diaby averaged 0.5 tackles per game, which is in the very bottom percentile for wingers/attacking mids, whereas Joao Felix averaged 1.23, putting him in the 49th - so, average for the position. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The Coutinho references are just lazy.

Incredibly. They're in totally different situations tbf. 

Joao Felix's skillset seems perfect for us. Find the dismissal of him quite baffling tbh.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He fell out with lunatic Diego Simeone, who wants rid of him.  No red flag for me, Simeone would start a fight with his own shadow.

Barca have no money, they'd likely sign him otherwise.

fair play

but they are signing Nico Williams aren't they - they always find a way to corrupt the sport even more

but yeah i guess if they did have money they would sign Felix aswell maybe

I’m not sure us smashing our wage structure for anyone is a good idea. Martinez for example would be well within his rights to demand the same level of pay given he’s literally the best goalkeeper in the world, and our other top performers might want similar.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So Diaby averaged 0.5 tackles per game, which is in the very bottom percentile for wingers/attacking mids, whereas Joao Felix averaged 1.23, putting him in the 49th - so, average for the position. 

These stats crack me up because they make you realise how little any player generally does in a match. Diaby tackles someone once every couple of games, whereas Felix might tackle someone as much as once every game (with a bonus tackle every four matches!) - just doesn’t add up to the football we all play/played :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

These stats crack me up because they make you realise how little any player generally does in a match. Diaby tackles someone once every couple of games, whereas Felix might tackle someone as much as once every game (with a bonus tackle every four matches!) - just doesn’t add up to the football we all play/played :)

It's all system based really. Diaby's will be particularly low because he just doesn't have the requirement to do it for us and Emery would rather he used his energy on our attack/breaks instead of a high press. Besides, I think it was a little easier to tackle someone playing 5s down the power league rather than a premier league footballer 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

VT quotes

Diaby 'bad attitude'
Bailey 'bad attitude'
Duran 'Toxic'

yet:

do we think Felix - is a lovely guy - with immaculate reputation? - Expect the same people starting threads to be writing him off with 6 months if he signs

There’s a particular difference between him and those other players that sadly means they will always have more posts questioning their “attitude” than he will, but I’m sure you’re right that plenty will write him off. As far as his attitude goes, I’m sure he’s a nice enough chap, bit of a bellend probably like every footballer. And I’m sure Unai will be able to manage him… my slight concern on that is it’s generally commented (not necessarily true) that Unai struggles with “big name” players who think they are the star but I trust him to know if he wants a player or not.

Still think there’s only a really slim chance we sign him - lots of things that just might not happen - but I saw enough at Chelsea to think he can do very well in the PL if we do get him. If we don’t, I think Rogers will shine in that position. So I feel wonderfully relaxed!

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Besides, I think it was a little easier to tackle someone playing 5s down the power league rather than a premier league footballer 🤣

You never played against me so don’t make assumptions.

Mate.

;)

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Incredibly. They're in totally different situations tbf. 

Joao Felix's skillset seems perfect for us. Find the dismissal of him quite baffling tbh.

I said before, have no problem trying it as a loan to buy. He still has this psychological Barca baggage that its club he wants to play for and he has mainly flattered to deceive a majority of his career

23 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I’m not sure us smashing our wage structure for anyone is a good idea. Martinez for example would be well within his rights to demand the same level of pay given he’s literally the best goalkeeper in the world, and our other top performers might want similar.

We won't break wage structure. Yes he'll end up highest paid player most likely - unless Digne stays :) - but it won't be more than 10-20% above highest paid player and a lot of the pay will be incentives based. 

Don't really get the hype around him. Seems to be more based around the fact Atleti spunked 130€m on him. Since he made that move he's averaged 6 goals and under 3 assists a season. That's a pretty meagre return and not a player I'd want us to break our wage structure for, particularly as we have to get our wage to income ratio down.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Don't really get the hype around him. Seems to be more based around the fact Atleti spunked 130€m on him. Since he made that move he's averaged 6 goals and under 3 assists a season. That's a pretty meagre return and not a player I'd want us to break our wage structure for, particularly as we have to get our wage to income ratio down.

He's shite.

**** **** me, it's like GroundHog Day in here.

'I don't get why we're linked with him'

*People explain why with video evidence, stats, reasons etc.*

toaster-lights-on-and-off.gif 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

It'll still be less than Digne's wages.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

**** **** me, it's like GroundHog Day in here.

*People explain why with video evidence, stats, reasons etc.*

toaster-lights-on-and-off.gif 

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â