João Félix

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The difference is one player was wanted by a charlatan, the other is wanted one of the best managers in the world.

Out of likes, but thank you.

T 🔨 

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Felix could be our Maradona at Napoli signing. And fire us to the PL Title.

Laugh all you want. But I'm believer mate.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They are different players but this is a carbon copy of the Coutinho defence when he signed

I don’t fully agree. When we signed Coutinho, I think it was a big leap as we weren’t coming off the back of such a good season, and he was very much on a downward trajectory. This doesn’t feel the same, we are very much in a position of strength, and while this signing would be a risk, if it didn’t work out, we still have a strong enough squad that it shouldn’t derail the whole season. And Felix himself is much younger than Coutinho and is approaching his peak years. The similarity is style and wages, rather than potentially impact I think.

50 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Felix could be our Maradona at Napoli signing. And fire us to the PL Title.

Laugh all you want. But I'm believer mate.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

I just get the impression that he is a bit of an arrogant melt… I feel that he would think he is better than the club, and players such as SJM would clash with that type of personality. Obviously I don’t know the bloke, he might be an absolute delight to have in the team, but I don’t see it yet. 

Was talking about Felix’s character in the transfer thread but it’s probably better off here. I don’t know what other people’s opinions are on it… does anyone else have this impression? 

Edited by Tayls

VT quotes

Diaby 'bad attitude'
Bailey 'bad attitude'
Duran 'Toxic'

yet:

do we think Felix - is a lovely guy - with immaculate reputation? - Expect the same people starting threads to be writing him off with 6 months if he signs

I trust Unai to turn this guys career round if he signs, but would prefer we didn't sign someone who no one else seems to want, possibly because the figures involved are eye watering. But glad to be proven wrong and usually am.

Edited by VillanousOne

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

VT quotes

Diaby 'bad attitude'
Bailey 'bad attitude'
Duran 'Toxic'

yet:

do we think Felix - is a lovely guy - with immaculate reputation?

What a curious conundrum you've posed.

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

What a curious conundrum you've posed.

conjecture, no idea if he has an attitude problem, but he fell out with Atletico to the point he can never return there, bit of a red flag.

Barca don't seem to want to sign him permanently, possibly because of the cost and because they have to buy the latest shiny BIG THING in football - i.e Williams.

Felix for a 24 year old seems to have a lot of baggage, can Unai pack that baggage away and get him some duty free 'how to get your career back on track tablets'

Edited by VillanousOne

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Felix was not good at Barca or Chelsea, not at all. Barca fans can’t stand the way he is on the pitch, comes across as arrogant and is hugely inconsistent. He had somewhat decent spells while at Atleti but nothing worth what they paid. 

He’d be a no bigger signing than Moussa Diaby last summer. The hype for him I just find mad. 

Yup, I wasn't the biggest fan of Diaby, but I would 100% choose Diaby over Felix any day of the week. 

Bizzare link, given his wages. Signing luxury players that are not wanted anymore at bigger clubs is not a way forward if we want to catch up with them. 

19 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Was talking about Felix’s character in the transfer thread but it’s probably better off here. I don’t know what other people’s opinions are on it… does anyone else have this impression? 

Doesn't seem arrogant off the field. We need it on the field!

I would have been absolutely buzzing for this signing a few years ago. But I was buzzing for the Barkley loan, the Zaniolo loan and the Coutinho loan. They all just did not get close to the hype around them and luckily we only ended up committing to one of them. Even though bizarrely two of the three are now on our books. 

I just don't think Villa do "big name" signings. Others that spring to mind are Terry and Pires. Big name players who are past it or big name players who everyone else have given up on are the only ones that end up at Villa for 20+ years. 

He has my full support if he signs and Emery has been after him so long I'm convinced he can see something that other teams and coaches are missing. Would love to know what it is though. 

This would be a huge signing if we could pull it off. Profile of the club would be greatly improved and we'd get a very talented player who Emery would get the best out of. He's a superior player to Diaby in the central spaces and his ability and close control make him ideally suited to the second forward position beside Watkins. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

conjecture, no idea if he has an attitude problem, but he fell out with Atletico to the point he can never return there, bit of a red flag.

Barca don't seem to want to sign him permanently, possibly because of the cost and because they have to buy the latest shiny BIG THING in football - i.e Williams.

Felix for a 24 year old seems to have a lot of baggage, can Unai pack that baggage away and get him some duty free 'how to get your career back on track tablets'

He fell out with lunatic Diego Simeone, who wants rid of him.  No red flag for me, Simeone would start a fight with his own shadow.

Barca have no money, they'd likely sign him otherwise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

It isnt fun to watch but other attackers have been effective while Felix wasnt. Hard to defend him when others putting up better numbers

Griezmann has more goals and assists in the two seasons he returned than Joao Felix entire Atleti run. Yes Griezmann is elite but so is Felix supposedly

Griezmann also played up front a lot as the main striker. 

Barca don't want to sign him on a permanent basis because they simply can't afford to. I still worry this is Coutinho 2.0, but the big difference is we're talking Unai Emery and Monchi here, not Steven Gerrard's best mate. I trust their judgement a hell of a lot more. 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

A brief History of “Ackchyually…” - Borrowed Light

He did more last season.

image.png.0d6aa7ab3e511f4da0c1603797d17d95.png 

image.png.666a280cab97d081a065bc3093a78cde.png 

Diaby did 1 tackle last season? 

Diaby passes attempted 8 ?

That dont seem right to me

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Barca don't want to sign him on a permanent basis because they simply can't afford to. I still worry this is Coutinho 2.0, but the big difference is we're talking Unai Emery and Monchi here, not Steven Gerrard's best mate. I trust their judgement a hell of a lot more. 

Felix was good at Barcelona last season and IF they could afford him they'd sign him. He's 24 years old and has his career ahead of him. It's completely different to Coutinho who was 30 and on the downward trend. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â