João Félix

Delphinho123

46 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Felix was not good at Barca or Chelsea, not at all. Barca fans can’t stand the way he is on the pitch, comes across as arrogant and is hugely inconsistent. He had somewhat decent spells while at Atleti but nothing worth what they paid. 

He’d be a no bigger signing than Moussa Diaby last summer. The hype for him I just find mad. 

He was Chelsea’s best player the game we played against them at Stamford Bridge. 

• Like 1

Don't think we'll all agree on this one.

We're throwing around stats and highlighting how he's not been used correctly (fair point) but the reality is, despite being a hugely talented player, there isn't a stampede for his signature because he has consistently underperformed for spells of his career. He's also judged harsher because he was transferred for the sum of money he was. Now that signing was ludicrous at the time and in part Athleti showing they could compete but nevertheless he hasn't given them value for money.

Emery may get a tune out of him but I just don't think we need him (compared to a RCB or CF) and I'd prefer to spend money elsewhere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably because he was playing for Barcelona and not West Ham or Crystal Palace.  

The stats in that graph are per 90, so minutes played is irrelevant.

Yeah but in that case Felix is more likely coming in against more tired teams or teams chasing the game while Gordon and Bowen are playing teams at peak fitness

Would be a huge signing and statement of intent. The kind of signing which Man Utd, City, Liverpool or Chelsea would make, but probably not even Arsenal and Spurs with their operating models would invest heavily in someone like Felix.

Yes it would be a risk, and it would be a departure from what we have done in the market for the last 18 months, but I also think it would show that we are taking the Champions League, and the Premier League seriously.

Assuming this would be funded by the sales or Diaby and Duran, there is a couple of issues -

1) it will smash the wage structure, so you would imagine Martinez, Watkins and the other key players that have got us where we are might raise some eyebrows. Although I am sure they would like the signing nonetheless and direction of travel.

2) he is not a striker in the mould of Watkins, he is a number 10. And with this level of investment you would imagine he is going to play all the big games, so some people will miss out (McGinn, Teilemans etc). If we go for Felix and do not replace Duran directly, while we seem to be incredibly stacked in midfield, we are a Watkins injury away from Rogers being up front (which may be the plan), or Archer or Dobbin.

Perhaps this is growing pains. A calculated risk.

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

It amazes me that people still can't trust our elite manager with players he wants, even after he's made McGinn, Watkins etc look like world beaters. 

Elite managers have signed duds in the past. How much Klopp spend on Nunez?

As great as Unai is it doesnt mean it will all be great

Edited by Zatman

5 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Would be a huge signing and statement of intent. The kind of signing which Man Utd, City, Liverpool or Chelsea would make, but probably not even Arsenal and Spurs with their operating models would invest heavily in someone like Felix.

Yes it would be a risk, and it would be a departure from what we have done in the market for the last 18 months, but I also think it would show that we are taking the Champions League, and the Premier League seriously.

Assuming this would be funded by the sales or Diaby and Duran, there is a couple of issues -

1) it will smash the wage structure, so you would imagine Martinez, Watkins and the other key players that have got us where we are might raise some eyebrows. Although I am sure they would like the signing nonetheless and direction of travel.

2) he is not a striker in the mould of Watkins, he is a number 10. And with this level of investment you would imagine he is going to play all the big games, so some people will miss out (McGinn, Teilemans etc). If we go for Felix and do not replace Duran directly, while we seem to be incredibly stacked in midfield, we are a Watkins injury away from Rogers being up front (which may be the plan), or Archer or Dobbin.

Perhaps this is growing pains. A calculated risk.

They are different players but this is a carbon copy of the Coutinho defence when he signed

• Like 1

I would trust Emery to get the most out of Felix playing wise, but he’s a brilliant coach - not a psychologist. If we remove Felix’ restless soul from his dream club Barcelona and place him in Birmingham, what are the odds he’ll suddenly settle and be at peace?

This looks a lot like when Everton smashed their wage structure to get James Rodriguez.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

The hype for him I just find mad. 

1. He's probably really good in FIFA/FM

2. He's a big name

3. He once cost £100m plus

4. He's the type of player that usually washes up at United or Chelsea not Aston Villa.

Those are just some of the reasons why people are mad to sign him, for me I'm skeptical. Seems like a better version of Coutinho but would he fit in to our team and want to stay at villa for 4+ years. I think he'll end up at PSG. 

Watkins - Félix
Rogers - Tielemans - Onana - Bailey

Buendia, Philogene, McGinn, Ramsey, Barkley, Kamara, Barrenechea in reserve. That is f***ing filthy.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are different players but this is a carbon copy of the Coutinho defence when he signed

The difference is one player was wanted by a charlatan, the other is wanted one of the best managers in the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Watkins - Félix
Rogers - Tielemans - Onana - Bailey

Buendia, Philogene, McGinn, Ramsey, Barkley, Kamara, Barrenechea in reserve. That is f***ing filthy.

Seeing it written down like that is insane. That level of depth has been unheard of throughout my Villa supporting lifetime.

How the hell do we keep that list of players happy? :lol: 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has he consistently played at a higher level? The Bundesliga is probably the same level as La Liga maybe better when take out Barca/Real and Bayern from the respective leagues

Yes - Felix has been playing in the Champions League and internationally for Portugal for almost the entirely of his “proper” career, Diaby just hasn’t. And, as I said, Diaby felt like a really big signing for us. Felix would be another step up.

I can’t actually remember us signing that calibre of player before, let alone one that isn’t even near their peak. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â