João Félix

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Felix was not good at Barca or Chelsea, not at all. Barca fans can’t stand the way he is on the pitch, comes across as arrogant and is hugely inconsistent. He had somewhat decent spells while at Atleti but nothing worth what they paid. 

He’d be a no bigger signing than Moussa Diaby last summer. The hype for him I just find mad. 

Sure Diaby has had better seasons than him all through his career

Even Diaby alleged poor season last season was better than Felix

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Purely FWIW, I thought he looked decent at Chelsea.  Widely noted as being "a flop", but he looked a serious talent to me.  Haven't really watched him outside of that...

...though, having said that, for being "rubbish", he's also a 1-in-4 attacking mid (and often winger) at some of the bigger clubs in European football with a casual 200 odd games under his belt at the top level of football, aged 'just' 24.  You've also got to be a pretty special talent to win the Golden Boy award.  He'd be a huge signing for us.

For me I think he was judged at Chelsea in the context of how bizarre they were being ran generally, and also specifically how the deal for him was structured. They were already hugely underperforming, spent a enormous amount of money on mostly unproven players, and then suddenly in January paid £10-15 million to get Felix on loan with no option to make it permanent. 

It was a terrible signing in that sense which I think informed the overall perception of him, because I agree with you that if you watched their games he actually looked one of their bright sparks and was always dangerous. It has been the story of his career thus far though where that doesn't always translate into actual end product.

• Like 1

I think he is no way going to may be a upgrade on diaby. He wont do the defensive work that diaby did and cabt see him busting  a gut like he did.

I get coutinho vibes this could be a very expensive gamble. A loan i wouldn't say no but permanently i dont think its good. 

In our system,  playing central, with explosive wings either side of him and Ollie ahead and most importantly under Unai the kid will be an absolute dream. Bookmark it. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He’s been rubbish ever since he left Benfica. Don’t understand the fascination over him. 

Are you sure mate ?

Link

João Félix named Atletico Madrid Player of the Season: 

FWIW I agree he is overrated.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I trust Unai and Monchi on this one, I've not seen him play enough. But saying Chelsea couldn't get the best out of someone means nothing, there's a few worldies that Chelsea couldn't get a tune out of

People saying he was shite at Barça, his stats are as good as some of PLs top forwards who’d cost £60m+. His data suggests he’s undervalued if anything.

IMG-0540.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not true though. Griezmann was hitting double figures with ease. Angel Correa got double figures last 3 season at Atletico and he is a sub

It is true though it’s incredibly boring and restrictive for attacking players, like I said Felix made double figures in all comps at Atletico and he isn’t a out and out striker . In the past 3 seasons Griezmann scored 6-7 goals pers season more than Felix .

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

People saying he was shite at Barça, his stats are as good as some of PLs top forwards who’d cost £60m+. His data suggests he’s undervalued if anything.

IMG-0540.jpg

He also played 2000 minutes less than them players for some reason

31 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He’d be a no bigger signing than Moussa Diaby last summer. The hype for him I just find mad. 

That’s just not even remotely true. He might not be a better signing, but he’s a player who has consistently played at a higher level than Diaby (who was also a massive signing for us).

He won the Golden Boy award for **** sake. That’s for elite level young players. 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he is no way going to may be a upgrade on diaby. He wont do the defensive work that diaby did and cabt see him busting  a gut like he did.

I get coutinho vibes this could be a very expensive gamble. A loan i wouldn't say no but permanently i dont think its good. 

A brief History of “Ackchyually…” - Borrowed Light

He did more last season.

image.png.0d6aa7ab3e511f4da0c1603797d17d95.png 

image.png.666a280cab97d081a065bc3093a78cde.png 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It is true though it’s incredibly boring and restrictive for attacking players, like I said Felix made double figures in all comps at Atletico and he isn’t a out and out striker . In the past 3 seasons Griezmann scored 6-7 goals pers season more than Felix .

It isnt fun to watch but other attackers have been effective while Felix wasnt. Hard to defend him when others putting up better numbers

Griezmann has more goals and assists in the two seasons he returned than Joao Felix entire Atleti run. Yes Griezmann is elite but so is Felix supposedly

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That’s just not even remotely true. He might not be a better signing, but he’s a player who has consistently played at a higher level than Diaby (who was also a massive signing for us).

He won the Golden Boy award for **** sake. That’s for elite level young players. 

Has he consistently played at a higher level? The Bundesliga is probably the same level as La Liga maybe better when take out Barca/Real and Bayern from the respective leagues

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It isnt fun to watch but other attackers have been effective while Felix wasnt. Hard to defend him when others putting up better numbers

Griezmann has more goals and assists in the two seasons he returned than Joao Felix entire Atleti run. Yes Griezmann is elite but so is Felix supposedly

Griezmann was in his prime when he returned, Felix was a kid still. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Griezmann was in his prime when he returned, Felix was a kid still. 

People were saying he is past it after Barcelona days

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He also played 2000 minutes less than them players for some reason

Probably because he was playing for Barcelona and not West Ham or Crystal Palace.  

The stats in that graph are per 90, so minutes played is irrelevant.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â