João Félix

Delphinho123

Great player on his day, which doesn't happen nearly enough. I would like to have had a player of his renown here whilst he's still a good age, even if to boost our profile internationally. Saying that, I don't know if he'd have fit into Unaiball, he doesn't press or track back at all.

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

I hope we are NEVER linked with this player again. UE made it clear that he wanted him at Villa Park, but the player didn't reciprocate and it seems that he only had eyes for Barcelona, and then for Chelsea again (will he never learn?) :rolleyes:

Chelsea are going to need a bigger bench!  They must be running out of hotels to sell to themselves, but they just keep spending, offering contracts that will tie their new signings to the club until they reach pension age and laughing at the clubs that try to keep in line with PSR. 

• Like 3

Just outgoings left to be announced I reckon - Moreno to leave for Spain and possibly someone out on loan. You’d have to imagine that we are spent out now. Been an absolutely nuts window for all teams. Football is drastically changing at ridiculous speeds. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

He and/or Mendes and/or his mum lol really screwed him/self over. What a dumbarse move. There are any number of better clubs with better coaching staffs he might have chosen. It's mystifying. He's surely got all the money he'll ever need if he manages it well, and now he's going to be at a "basket case" organisation with no direction or vision beyond platitudes. He was a fool not to push his way towards Villa, although maybe he had little choice? Who knows. If not Villa, the Spurs or even under Iraola or Glasner -- never would have, of course, but probably better for his development. Maybe he'll turn it all around at Chelsea and score double-digit goals this year, but I don't see it.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

On 20/08/2024 at 11:26, Genie said:

Chelsea re-signing him is also bizarre as they blew a fortune on him before and he offered very little in return.

Im starting to think the game is second to a massive international money laundering operation.

FWIW Went on a nice long weekend to ibiza with a few friends recently.. One was working as CBO of a digital bank in Saudi.. Having a chat about the Premier League he told me he had met with a bunch of Saudis the week before, who said the best place to launder money at the moment was the Premier league.  Ever wondered why the agents are getting such big fees? 

I'd guess a *lot* of these big money moves are nothing to do with football at all. And the bigger the numbers involved, the better. 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

4 bad transfers in a row yet people were insisting that Joao Felix is a football genius 😂

To be fair, he might have fulfilled his potential under a manager like Emery. Sadly he's gone to the shitshow at Chelsea so expect more of the same flattery to deceive. He'll be loaded and achieve nothing. 

• Like 1

He’s a mug, nothing more nothing less. He’s also incredibly thick clearly.

He’s had his chance to join this great club under a world class manager, he blew it for a 2nd time to join the circus in west London who probably haven’t guaranteed him regular playing time, I truly hope we never go for this mug again. He deserves a club like Chelsea tbh. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

7 year deal......Words fail me. I thought FA/Fifa were supposed to be stopping that kind of contract length.

He'll be loaned out start of next season I bet.

Why would they? It protects the players. They've banned using that length of contract to amortise a player over though. The max you can do that is 5 years regardless of length. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â