João Félix

Delphinho123

Woah, OK, didn't meant to jab the hornets nest. 

I'm just fed up of players like Felix, who it seems to be all about the money or 'name' they can put on their Insta Bio, instead of looking at the whole picture. 

We are a massive club, with, IMO, one of the top 5 managers in world football, amazing owners, a brilliant fan base and everything going for us. 

If he doesn't want part of that, sod him. 

• Thanks 1

Romano has gone all in on this one, so think it is highly unlikely they don't do a deal now between Chelsea and Atletico for Felix/Gallagher. He's done 3 tweets today and repinned it

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'm just fed up of players like Felix, who it seems to be all about the money or 'name' they can put on their Insta Bio, instead of looking at the whole picture. 

We are a massive club, with, IMO, one of the top 5 managers in world football, amazing owners, a brilliant fan base and everything going for us. 

Sorry if I went too hard with my initial comment. 

But he has quite literally agreed to join us, he's happy to join Villa, its a money thing that's stopping it. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

If we could get him very cheaply, I might be persuaded, but I see even less of a chance of that happening now.

Meanwhile, we're at that point, one would think:

We don't have unlimited resources to devote to recruitment. That's a fact.

There is only so much time in the day and so many days and money left to invest in our transfer actions. It all costs money. You spend three days of meetings on Felix, and you have three less meeting days. I have to hope we're balancing our finite resources in pursuing plausible deals that advance Villa.

It's impossible to know how much the Felix thing is one of those stupid groupthink phenomena that take over football forums, or if it's based on authentic and active brinksmanship at the highest levels. There's a subset of Chelsea fans who seem to be just as somewhat unaccountably smitten and wildly protective of him, almost like Swifties. I don't get it, really.

I still think Felix could be really good for Villa -- if Chelsea sign him up. 😂

Would love to see the Blues squander more money on overrated players. That's a Villa win.

All that said, my objection to him isn't super firm, but I'm not excited and have some worries.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Romano has gone all in on this one, so think it is highly unlikely they don't do a deal now between Chelsea and Atletico for Felix/Gallagher. He's done 3 tweets today and repinned it

Looks that way. Quite excited to see who the alternatives are, and I think there’s someone other than GLC on that list - although fine with him too if that’s Emery’s choice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Awol said:

Looks that way. Quite excited to see who the alternatives are, and I think there’s someone other than GLC on that list - although fine with him too if that’s Emery’s choice.

Me as well, one of those where I feel we may end up with a better solution in the wrong one.

Watch the prick go and turn into the player he's always threatened to be at Chelsea now i've said that ffs. lol

• Like 2

My opinion is this. If there was chance he would come to Villa and the stumbling block was oir finances we should have taken the deal for Duran even if it wasn't exactly what we wanted.

I think Felix is the player Emery really desires and I will be gutted for Unai if he misses out on him again.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

It’s annoying that we have haven’t got any ITKs anymore who could have put this one to bed already. This whole saga has felt like it wasn’t one that would have ever happened. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I feel we may end up with a better solution in the wrong one.

Watch the prick go

IMG_4694.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

Hurry up and get this C YOU N T in other football, most boring thread evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Hurry up and get this C YOU N T in other football, most boring thread evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I've heard Grealish is our backup option.

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s annoying that we have haven’t got any ITKs anymore who could have put this one to bed already. This whole saga has felt like it wasn’t one that would have ever happened. 

My hope is that Villa's interest in this good but problematic target was always far more measured and canny than we knew. We all wish for that, right?

That we don't have ITKs could be positive a sign. It suggests an Hispanophone negotiating team that runs a disciplined ship and leaks little, and thankfully, many of the lunkheads who do Transfer Twitter not only don't do Spanish, they often can barely work out a coherent sentence in English.

Whatever the click-baiting transfer media and various fan forums thought they knew --- or would allow themselves to accept -- I continue to hope that we've been clinical behind the scenes, not because we're magic and full of destiny, but because we have an experienced, intelligent, and thorough manager who doesn't normally work off "instincts." If we're as good as we're supposed to be, that's surely what's been going on, far from the madding crowd of boosters and naysayers, and I could myself as one of the latter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Well it is the summer of re-signing our old academy players so checks out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You shouldn't have come here. Now you can't leave. 😁

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611vnle2t4pt3ww1esn9h

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Come the glorious day, you are first against the wall!

spacer.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

It reminds me of Falcao a decade ago.

He had a really bad injury and a loan to Man. United didn't work out. What did he do? He went on loan to Chelsea and played even less and effectively wasted a year of his career.

Then went back to Monaco with less pressure and expectations and was really good for a couple of years as the focal point of attack (Mbappe coming through also helped him).

Guess Felix just wants to live in London again but to turn down being a foil for one of the best CFs in Europe isn't great for his career imo. Unai exactly the sort of coach who can get him going again while I can't see Maresca lasting the season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â