João Félix

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've agreed with Jas 10 (and others) about Felix's undoubted talent since the speculation started, but any player that we sign must totally want to be part of the "Villa Project".

This season is going to be bloody hard work for our players, and that will take total dedication.

I don't see that in Joao Felix's career so far.

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

THE Jas10? 

spacer.png

Wouldn’t worry about that, if this happens. We’ve gone over a load of stuff in this thread in the past so I won’t repeat all of it. We wouldn’t try n sign him if Unai didn’t want him, rate him and didn’t think he could get the best out of him and see as anything other than professional or dedicated. And if he wasn’t interested.

Each to their own, but if our elite manager and messiah wants a player… maybe we should embrace it and be at least a little enthused. Would be a big deal for us.

If you want to know about our transfer strategy, see the article posted in the Monchi thread.

I trust Unai and Monchi to know and judge way better than us morons here! All we do and can do is speculate, often based off of nothing. There are much better and more knowledgable people who do know and are better placed to decide.

Edited by Jas10
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

wouldn’t worry about that, if this happens. We’ve gone over a load of stuff in this thread in the past so I won’t repeat all of it. We wouldn’t try n sign him if Unai didn’t want him, rate him and didn’t think he could get the best out of him and see as anything other than professional or dedicated. And if he wasn’t interested.

Each to their own, but if our elite manager and messiah wants a player… maybe we should embrace it and be at least a little enthused. Would be a big deal for us.

If you want to know about our transfer strategy, see the article posted in the Monchi thread.

I trust Unai and Monchi to know and judge way better than us morons here! All we do and can do is speculate, often based off of nothing. There are much better and more knowledgable people who do know and are better placed to decide.

Magnify Joaquin Reyes GIF by Movistar Plus+

• Haha 4

So Romano has said terms agreed and Felix chose Chelsea 

I took this to indicate preference - but fair enough if he didn't specifically say that he "prefers" Chelsea

Seems fairly obvious to me though. Apologies if this is an opinion rather than fact 😜

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I took this to indicate preference - but fair enough if he didn't specifically say that he "prefers" Chelsea

Seems fairly obvious to me though. Apologies if this is an opinion rather than fact 😜

Can only mean then that he preferred Maresca over Unai… what a moron. 

18 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He's retweeted his tweet about Chelsea/Felix twice today already. He's doubling down, so must feel there's a "Here we go" coming today. 

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Romano stated that Felix has agreed all terms with Chelsea and that Chelsea was his preferred destination.

It's not opinion. 

Thanks for trying though.

Except he didn’t. Stop being awkward. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks nailed on for Chelsea as Atletico want Gallagher so badly.

I think that's the main killer of this deal for us.

Gallagher being involved.

Going by what Monchi said though, we should have an extensive list of alternatives.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks nailed on for Chelsea as Atletico want Gallagher so badly.

Still works for Atletico if we sign Felix and they sign Gallagher.  In fact that might work for Chelsea as well as they really want Osimhen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Still works for Atletico if we sign Felix and they sign Gallagher.  In fact that might work for Chelsea as well as they really want Osimhen.

This is the ideal scenario all 3 clubs want I think. Us having to juggle the PSR books is what I think has been the issue in all this transfer roundabout

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If we could get him very cheaply, I might be persuaded, but I see even less of a chance of that happening now.

Meanwhile, we're at that point, one would think:

We don't have unlimited resources to devote to recruitment. That's a fact.

There is only so much time in the day and so many days and money left to invest in our transfer actions. It all costs money. You spend three days of meetings on Felix, and you have three less meeting days. I have to hope we're balancing our finite resources in pursuing plausible deals that advance Villa.

It's impossible to know how much the Felix thing is one of those stupid groupthink phenomena that take over football forums, or if it's based on authentic and active brinksmanship at the highest levels. There's a subset of Chelsea fans who seem to be just as somewhat unaccountably smitten and wildly protective of him, almost like Swifties. I don't get it, really.

I still think Felix could be really good for Villa -- if Chelsea sign him up. 😂

Would love to see the Blues squander more money on overrated players. That's a Villa win.

All that said, my objection to him isn't super firm, but I'm not excited and have some worries.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Can we just stick this in the bin now. 

I still don't see what he's ever done to warrant rumour after rumour every summer. 

I'd rather we spent our money on the next Morgan Rogers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I still don't see what he's ever done to warrant rumour after rumour every summer. 

When the manager himself, the backroom staff, and most of the reliable journo's in the UK say that we've either tried in the past or are currently trying to sign a player...

... it usually means we open a thread on it. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Why - Emery wants him so that is enough for me to put aside any opinion which is just that an opinion of mine which means **** all how I personally feel about it … my opinion is this site would be a better place if people shared less opinions and had reasoned discussions and debate like it used to be like - but that’s just my opinion which means you guessed it **** all …  

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â